The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I truly think it will come down to Chelski cunts away. If we can win that we will take care of the others with the form we are in. If we win out Leicester would need to win 3 of 4 to seal the title I just can't see that happening looking at their fixtures. We are going to do fucking do this boys!

The way Leicester have been playing, even their 1-0 wins, they aren't good enough to beat ManU or Chelsea even if they have Vardy for the Chelsea game, both are away, and both those teams can defend as well as having quality players who can score against them. The results against Swansea and Everton are less certain, but Everton have a very good striker and so I'm not sure Leicester will win their either.

They are going to lose at least one of their four games, which means they need to win the other three in order to finish ahead of us. That is a massive ask, honestly I don't think they are up to it what with all the pressure they are under.

Bulldog meet oldschool
You two need to communicate...

Great result for you last night, powerful statement of intent, etc etc. Didn't see it as I was on a train - by the time I got home you were already 2 up so you'll understand I really didn't fancy watching it!
Dreadful 24 hours for us. Perfect shitstorm of everything that could possibly go wrong, did. And I think the pendulum has swung your way, certainly in terms of momentum, which is massive.

But would I have taken where we are now at the start of the season - at Xmas - even 5 games ago? To be 5 clear, with a real shot at the title? Too fucking right I would. Even without Vardy for 2 games I think we're capable of getting 2 wins out of 4.

Christ though, it's going to be tight!

Surrendering an 8 point lead in the final 5 games is a bottle. This isn't negotiable.
No one has bottled anything yet. It was 7 points with 5 to go and not 8. Now it is 5 with 4 to go. Next week we will be able to talk about a new points total and games to go. Not sure how a draw is a bottle against West Ham or does that mean you bottled when they beat you or when for a few minutes you were top v Woolwich and then drew and we won away at Watford. If your words are true then you have already bottled it by your calculations. Non negotiable mate lol. That is what footy banter is all about. You were top v Woolwich for a moment and now are 5 points adrift with only 4 to play. Stats can be looked at in many ways.

I have nothing against you Bluedog, you seem more reasonable than the other Leicester fans that have come on here, but come on...the referee actually gifted you a point which you did not deserve. You should be thanking him as that point could be important to you, not saying he took the title away from you. The facts, as far as anyone other than Leicester fans are concerned, is that the referee rightly sent Vardy off and that the pen he gave you at the end was not a pen at all - he robbed West Ham. I know its hard to see past the frustration of having dropped points and lost your striker but you were not robbed by the ref or the FA, that's utter bullshit.

It remains your title to lose and will be that way until we are ahead of you on points. If that happens then the pressure will be on us and will be immense. I know Leicester fans hope that we will feel the pressure but the truth is, as you can see in the way we are playing, we are not under any pressure at all. We have nothing to lose; we have not been singing that we are going to win the league before we've done it, so there will be no shame if we don't do it. If we don't do it then no one will say we bottled it, they will say we pushed you close and played well but you were ten ahead at one point and no one expected us to catch up. Well, now it is half that, just five points. But still five points. We will just go on and win it next season if we don't catch you this season. We are playing free, and have momentum, we will just keep on winning our games without any pressure. The pressure, the entirety of it, is on Leicester City. Can you win three of the last four? Fuck this up and your fans have to eat humble pie and everyone will know your team bottled it. Lets see if you are as good as Leicester fans seem to believe. I think neutrals have lost belief in the fairytale and are starting to see that you are good but nowhere near as good as us.

I cannot wait until your game, I am just excited to see your players nervy performance and see what happens, and then I wont be able to wait until Monday for our next three points. I cannot wait. In comparison, Leicester fans seem like a bag of nerves, already making up excuses for why they let the title slip away.
I am not Bluedog lol..

I feel that whilst we are basking in the glory of the best season that many of us can remember that is important to remember the pain that we have left behind us.

For only those who have suffered in the darkness can truly appreciate the light (and i'm not even talking about when that detestable Ex Gooner was grinding out painful 0-0 draws every week).

AVB's last season in charge was agony for me. We'd sold the best player i have ever seen play in lillywhite with my own eyes and had spent a lot of money in return, broken our transfer record twice in fact. The bar had been set high.

I had a one year old daughter at home who was unwell, and in between visits to the hospital football felt like my only respite. 90mins of escapism to forget the stresses of home life and immerse myself in the glory of THFC.

Instead i got to watch drubbing after drubbing after drubbing. Red cards and capitulation. The City results were easier to take, they were unstoppable going forward that year, but conceding nine to liverpool and losing to the spammers three times was almost enough to break me.

But it all seems worth it now. Even if we don't go on to win it (i think its too late to be honest), the football we have played this season, the team we have put together with this great man to lead us. The sense of pride i feel when i see stats like those posted above. The promise and potential we have going forward. The way we are going about it.

TO FINALLY FINISH ABOVE THOSE SELF ENTITLED NOMAD PRICKS AND NOT HEAR ABOUT THAT POXY SHADOW ANYMORE.

That will be more than enough for me.

Last edited:
Oh my, I thought it took more than a few months at the top of the table to become an entitled, paranoid anti-FA conspiracy cunt, like the United, Liverpool, Woolwich and Chelsea fans.

It happens surprisingly quick. I think that's why Poch decided we would only take first on the last day of the season so that our clubs fans don't turn into a bunch of cunts.

Last edited:
No one has bottled anything yet. It was 7 points with 5 to go and not 8. Now it is 5 with 4 to go. Next week we will be able to talk about a new points total and games to go. Not sure how a draw is a bottle against West Ham or does that mean you bottled when they beat you or when for a few minutes you were top v Woolwich and then drew and we won away at Watford. If your words are true then you have already bottled it by your calculations. Non negotiable mate lol. That is what footy banter is all about. You were top v Woolwich for a moment and now are 5 points adrift with only 4 to play. Stats can be looked at in many ways.
I haven't mentioned West Ham.

I haven't mentioned Woolwich. But now you mention it, yes, the Scum game was a bottle by us. We can admit that. Difference being of course, that's a single game. You'll bottle a season.

Also, you're showing a deep misunderstanding of how the table works. Games are 90 minutes. The table is adjusted after those completed 90 minutes. We have never been top.

If you surrender a 8 point lead with 5 games left, it's a bottle. You can try convince yourself it wouldn't be, and you'd be wrong.

They will get a room and have some blue fun Im sure .

giphy.gif

The problem is that if the positions were reversed, nobody from here would be going on your forums saying how you were going to pip us to it. There is an air of false modesty to it to be totally frank with you.

It is your title to lose, not ours.

The only way you lose it is by bottling matches while we gnaw away at your lead.

Take care of your own business & it's your title. It couldn't really be any more simple.

Fail to take care of business, & we may just have enough games left to turn you over.

Why's that then, MrS?
To share your stories, watching LC. You both seem to watch different teams. maybe you need to comfort each other Oldschool seems a little down?

Maybe you can start your own forum , just the two of you. Im sure some on here will suggest some names?

Heres one , aBluent a forum to clean your souls?

Last edited:
If we can win all our remaining games I think we will win it. That's a huge if though.

We've had 2 very impressive wins but winning 6 on the bounce is a huge ask and in football it only takes one moment to change a game (Martial missing for instance).

We need everything to go our way in the next 4 games to win it. But that'd be nothing short of what Leicester have had for the vast majority of the season so it's not impossible.

Back
Top Bottom