The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come on be honest. Every player in every ground every weekend swears at the linesman and ref, they always surround them having a go and they ALWAYS!! get away with it. Just look at the likes of Rooney. How many times on tv games does the camera have to quickly pan away from a player who is telling the officials to fuck off and the commentator tries to be funny saying ' I think he was voicing his disagreement there'.

I agree it should not be allowed and any player who does it should be carded. I have always said when players surround the ref they should be carded like in Europe but it does appear it is only us who have suffered this 34 games in. Not looking for attention and just simply stating a fact which in your heart of hearts you know is true.

Naturally you are happy Vardy is out - why not as this makes your chances of winning more. So don't talk about winning on football terms when you are relying on us losing key players. That is just as low as some LC fans wanting Kane injured. I don't want any of your players out as I wanted to win it fairly.

You will also insult me like always as a result of my words yet week after week many of you go on our conspiracy and wrong decisions but suddenly we complain about one and we are all scum cunts for voicing our disagreement. That comes across as a bit of self entitlement my friend.

Surely even you can't deny many players insult the officials game after game and get away with it. This is the same ref who game Liverpool 2 crazy and clearly cheating penalties against us last season. That is a fact. You tube it to see if you don't remember.

Surely if you win the title you want everyone to respect you won it on merit with the greatest title comeback ever rather than due to a ref sending our top player off and this winning by default. Then again maybe you don't care what the footballing think of you.

An exasperated "oh fuck off ref" isn't the same as starting to leave the field, returning, sticking a finger in the ref's face, and calling him a "fucking cunt". All referees will send you off if you call them a cunt.

Don't kid yourself that Moss's (correct) decision will bother anyone outside of Leicester. Why can't your fans deal with decisions? "Everyone hates us, it's a conspiracy, Jon Moss is from North London (born in Sunderland, lives in Halifax btw) the London based media is against us, nobody wants us to win, SKY want a close finish, I won't support England in the Euros because they've treated Jamie so badly, football is finished, Spurs fans are nasty, can Vardy take legal action against Moss?

Jesus Christ, if we win it it, it will be because of our thrilling football - and that's what people will remember - not a refereeing decision. You could argue you got a point because of one. Stop bleating.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, if we win it it, it will be because of our thrilling football - and that's what people will remember - not a refereeing decision. You could argue you got a point because of one. Stop bleating.

Hmmm, I'm not sure about this bit...

When Liverpool 'almost' won it in 2014, did people remember them not winning it because of Manchester City's football and the will they showed to overcome a 4 point deficit with 4 games to go?

Nope, people remember it for Gerrard's slip.

Vardy's sending off will be remembered as a huge turning point I'm afraid...

When Liverpool 'almost' won it in 2014, did people remember them not winning it because of Manchester City's football and the will they showed to overcome a 4 point deficit with 4 games to go?

No it won't as it was the correct decision. He chose to dive, and he chose to call the ref a cunt. Funny as it was, Gerrard didn't choose to slip. Your star man has cost you the title - get used to it.

No it won't as it was the correct decision. He chose to dive, and he chose to call the ref a cunt. Funny as it was, Gerrard didn't choose to slip. Your star man has cost you the title - get used to it.

I'm not a Leicester supporter.

I'm just highlighting that supporters of different teams will remember certain seasons for a defining reason. Spurs supporters will remember this for great football, Leicester supporters for Vardy being sent off, who knows what other supporters will remember it for?

Tottenham have played great football whenever I have seen them this year and (in my opinion) are more entertaining to watch than Leicester. And I like good football so that's why I think Tottenham should win the league.

It's going to be an interesting few weeks, which is great for English football. And congratulations to whoever comes out on top.

Liverpool were only 2 points head with 4 games to go. They also blew a 3-0 lead, lol still funny. Good times, shows what can happen.

Looks like the FA have decided to try and win the league for you w

Have to take my hat off you to tonight. I knew you would destroy Stoke and you did. Looks like your title now. Pity the FA and ref has had such an impact to what was otherwise a fantastic two horse race. I just hope the season is remembered (outside of north London) for the right reasons and not the season the FA decided who won the league. To all those having a go at our style of play - football is a points game and we have done fantastic to get where we are. Spurs play fantastic and attractive football and have done fantastic to be where they are. The FA have stuck their nose in along with a cheating ref this weekend to influence what was a brilliant season. Sky and the FA have what they want which is a big club winning the league rather than little old Leicester.

Congratulations to you guys and wish you well in the CL next season.

Well done to the ref and FA also. If it wasn't for them who knows who would have ended up winners.

Nothing you can say about style of play or tactics etc will take away the FA and ref have decided what happens this season.
Actually I admire what you have done. You have a plan based on who you have. I didn't mean to come across as knocking your team because I believe that Ranieri has worked wonders up at the KP. You play to your strengths it's up to others to get round you. BTW you are still 5 points clear! We are chasing the foxes but you still have a gap. Cheer up

We have a whole week to kill.

Lets play, write a caption.

_89295159_jamie_vardy_ap.jpg

At the FA disciplinary - Vardy excusing his actions with..
"I wasn't pointing at the ref, I own an invisable parrot ?

You think that's a beak, C$nt? I'm the one with the beak.

Afternoon gents, looking for some advice here.

Due to where I live getting to the Lane has proved difficult in the last few years. Managed to get to the Everton away game where Loris got KO'd, had some snuff and then wobbled back on. The thing is I was in the home section, where we were eventually rumbled.

However I can get a direct flight to Newcastle....... so my question is what's the general opinion on getting home section Newcastle tickets for the last match of the season? Am I asking for trouble? Worth taking a chance?

An exasperated "oh fuck off ref" isn't the same as starting to leave the field, returning, sticking a finger in the ref's face, and calling him a "fucking cunt". All referees will send you off if you call them a cunt.

Don't kid yourself that Moss's (correct) decision will bother anyone outside of Leicester. Why can't your fans deal with decisions? "Everyone hates us, it's a conspiracy, Jon Moss is from North London (born in Sunderland, lives in Halifax btw) the London based media is against us, nobody wants us to win, SKY want a close finish, I won't support England in the Euros because they've treated Jamie so badly, football is finished, Spurs fans are nasty, can Vardy take legal action against Moss?

To be honest, he could of had a ban/red for this too vs Watford:
Create, Discover and Share GIFs on Gfycat

^^ Didn't they get 3 points from that match?
If I remember correctly, others have been banned for similar.

And as for not a dive, looks like he got away with the same move here
WhimsicalCoarseCattle.gif

To be honest, he could of had a ban/red for this too vs Watford:
Create, Discover and Share GIFs on Gfycat

^^ Didn't they get 3 points from that match?
If I remember correctly, others have been banned for similar.

And as for not a dive, looks like he got away with the same move here
WhimsicalCoarseCattle.gif
Yep. Doesn't exactly get the attention when it's 'pluckly little' relegation-fighting Leicester going up against a top-4 chasing United (last year), but put a magnifying glass on it during a title chase and... well...

Fascinating to see how some parts of the media are suddenly starting to squirm and realise that the Leicester fairtale isn't as pure as they'd hoped.

You could probably argue that the worst thing to happen to them (in the eyes of a neutral) is being chosen for live TV broadcasts rather than just being seen on MOTD.
Makes their 'style' of football far more apparent.

I enjoyed the last few weeks where it felt like "Yeah, Leicester have probably got it in the bag" and not worrying or obsessing over matches. Now all I can do is think about if X beat Y and Z draws with Q

Back
Top Bottom