The run in....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we keep our form (aside from last night) then there is no reason we can't take at least 7 points from the remainder of the season which would be superb and more than guarantee 2nd place.
I hope the players aren't too disheartened - last night could have been a comfortable win if a couple of those go in, its not as if Hugo had a lot to do.
What I could really do without is us fucking about and putting ourselves under pressure from the immense cunts below us in the table.

Really, we still need to win all, they need to lose an extra game. Possible ?

I hate Pulis with every atom of energy in my body - just wanted to get that off my chest.

Can't blame Pulis as he played the hand he'd been dealt.

He admitted afterwards that he was amazed his side came in at half time only one down.

He then changed things 2nd half and were worth a point in the end.

Blame us for not being ruthless enough and not for the first time this season bearing in mind the Woolwich league games where we let them off the hook!
Totally dominated them but drew both games.

I feel sure that Poch will resolve this aspect of our game by next season

Can't blame Pulis as he played the hand he'd been dealt.
Lets have a dig at Alli at every opportunity and now he's been charged. This instruction must have come from Pulis. He chose to play a lesser team against Woolwich to get the result against us (look at both line ups?.
He wanted to get a result against us because he didn't want us to win the PL.

He has no coaching ability. He is a bitter man who dislikes everything that is good in football. He is a sad man who will move on and no one will remember him.

In all seriousness, this time next week, there's a good chance we'll only be 2 points ahead of both City and Woolwich.

No doubt Chelsea will put in a Champions League winning performance against us next Monday.

It's going to get tasty at the top of the table.

I can only repeat what I've heard. He goes to plenty of matches and has plenty of friends who are also fans of the club. As much as a loud minority cry Wenger out, a large amount of them realise that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
I still believe the Scum will suffer when Wenger goes very much like MU when Fergie left. His record against us is good and I will be glad to see the back of him. Wenger out is in our interests.

Still smarting from last night's result- but only because of the scoreline. Absolutely bossed them first half but just couldn't extend our lead. If we had done, we'd have hammered them. All ifs & buts now though. I thought it was a very even second half & could see their goal coming as we started to look nervier by the minute.

As for the run in, it's mighty difficult now. Leicester will have to completely flounce & I just don't see it happening.

It's a shame that overhauling them is nigh on impossible now, but taking second place would still be incredible considering our hopes & aspirations when the season kicked off.

There's too much to look forward to, to dwell on a hiccup.

COYS

To need Leicester to fail to win 3 games in a row is asking far too much but it IS possible.

Regardless of form and preference from certain players, Man Utd (A), Everton (H) and Chelsea (A) are NOT easy games. If they win the league, it's probably going to be away at home to Everton and the Chelsea team having to give them a guard of honor (Abramovich once said Ranieri wasnt good enough to win the Premier League) - but if they manage to go through the first two games with just 1 point then they give us hope and they would feel pressure like nothing they'd have ever felt before going into Stamford Bridge.

Send this to anyone who says we bottled it..

Cg-vzTIW0AEAZZG.jpg:large

Genius by poch and the boys. Leicester weren't dropping too many points while they were under pressure. So we make it look like they have it in the bag and watch them fail to seal it as we storm to 3 straight wins and the title.

Glory glory

Absolutely gutted. I didn't think we would do it after Leicester's win against Swansea, but to lose it in this manner, in a game we should have won easily and in which we were also very unlucky, was extremely upsetting. I would have loved to have seen us go out heroically with a run of straight wins, even if Leicester had still won the league. I actually felt physically sick after the final whistle.

No fault to the players though- they are a young side and they gave their all, they have been excellent this season. A bit more experience and we would have either nicked the second goal or just been able to hold out for a 1-0 win. Was Hugo to blame at all for the goal? I haven't seen it again but that was my thought at the time. If you come for it, you have to get it. If he'd stayed on his line, he would have saved it (I thought).

It was very moving at the end when we sung "we love you Tottenham we do" and the players responded. I feel now that these players really do care about us, and are not just mercenaries. They are a great bunch and as fans we have a good rapport with them IMO, something not often seen in this country at this level. Let's hope I'm right and they continue to fight tooth and nail to finish above the scum.

If he does and we maintain our defensive record plus add some decent cover with 2-3 bodies in the right positions, we win the league next seasons
I heard tonight on Sky news that 3 from the last 6 seasons , the team that came second has gone on to win the PL the following season.

posted this on L page

I was very down last night and this morning, I got to work and a Liverpool fan said to me "you must be frustrated today". I was primed to react, but then went on to say...

"If you win next week it will be a good point, you would have been happy beating West Brom and drawing at Chelsea, just got to flip it around...Leicester won't win at Old Trafford and Chelsea won't be as bothered now they think your out of it"

This I had not considered, but it's all quite insightful and true. A BIG IF, but the IF we do beat Chelsea, and Leicester don't win...then pressure is back on. They will need to win it @ home to Everton, who won't give them fuck all ( unlike some teams like Swansea etc ) if it goes into the last day, well who says we can't take it ?

It's true. I'd have been happy with 4 points from WBA and Chelsea and that's still possible.

Always I will worry about Woolwich and Shity catching us, but second is in our own hands and that's important too.

COYS - let's finally beat Chelsea @ the Second Hand Fridge :)

Back
Top Bottom