The Selected for TV Coverage Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was at all them Forest games, the snowing one looked worse there on the tv than it did there in the ground as far as i can remember.

Great times, not a problem getting tickets, stand/sit with your pals.
Now you have folk trying to stop you going after many many years of loyalty.
There was a lot less demand for Gerryball minus Klinsmann, Barmby, Anderton (who only played a handful of games that season) and Popescu.

That summer of 95 was a critical time in terms of the club's direction over the following 10 years. A title challenging squad might have encouraged JK to stay and matching his Bayern contract plus signing Kanchelskis, Ince, Southgate and Ginola could have been done for £20m. Instead, we spent £10m on Chris Armstrong, Ruel Fox and Andy Sinton to stay in mid-table.

This was when I first started following football so the Francis players will always be my true heroes no matter how successful we become under Ange but sometimes I can't help thinking about what could have been.

I'm actually quite concerned over this. I have a seat lined up for the Burnley match on 11 May (Sat) but am worried they'll fuck about with the timings.

I run a farm so usually fly in, watch us lose, fly home. I'll be so hungover the last thing Ill want to do is fuck about with airlines and hotels at the last second because some cunt at Sky said I must. I usually get home on Tuesday morning. I dont want to have to stay in London until then.

Does anybody know when that match will be confirmed? Every week it gets delayed it costs me beer money in flight price rises.

I'm actually quite concerned over this. I have a seat lined up for the Burnley match on 11 May (Sat) but am worried they'll fuck about with the timings.

I run a farm so usually fly in, watch us lose, fly home. I'll be so hungover the last thing Ill want to do is fuck about with airlines and hotels at the last second because some cunt at Sky said I must. I usually get home on Tuesday morning. I dont want to have to stay in London until then.

Does anybody know when that match will be confirmed? Every week it gets delayed it costs me beer money in flight price rises.

That’s commitment!

And good luck on the date.

Someone beat me to it but seriously, what the fuck.

The Mondays and Saturday lunchtimes (and the Fridays) is taking the piss this season. Cunts.

Not in Europe so it’s a lot easier to give us these random times / days

And West Ham was already midweek anyway so just good to be on the tv.

TV picks are supposed to be confirmed around 6 weeks before the game, so I imagine around the beginning of April. Although sometimes it's less than 6 weeks.

TV picks are supposed to be confirmed around 6 weeks before the game, so I imagine around the beginning of April. Although sometimes it's less than 6 weeks.
One of my biggest bugbears is the lack of consistency as to when they confirm.
I don’t get as wound up as some by the playing Saturday lunchtime or Monday evening etc if you can plan for it. But FFS, why can’t the PL force the tv companies to confirm a minimum of 6 weeks out.

The NLD (27th April, 3pm as it stands) is absolutely gonna be live on SkySparsenal....
I guess they're just waiting to see when they can shoehorn our Friday night game against Chelsea in, so that they can make sure the NLD is played in the LUNCHTIME slot the next day...

A 12 hour turnaround for our boys should be plenty time to regroup, and nurse any injuries from a bruising encounter the night before!!!

One of my biggest bugbears is the lack of consistency as to when they confirm.
I don’t get as wound up as some by the playing Saturday lunchtime or Monday evening etc if you can plan for it. But FFS, why can’t the PL force the tv companies to confirm a minimum of 6 weeks out.
The PL don't seem to have released a release schedule this season. Last season they committed to "at least 6 weeks notice", but that often slipped so this season they've said "at least 5 weeks notice".

Flying from New Zealand? Bet it's quicker than my trek from the south east 🤣🤣🤣

Matchweeks 35-38 are (usually) released individually rather than as parts of a monthly block.

Woolwich is MW 35 and Burnley is MW 37.

So expect Woolwich to be announced around 23 March and Burnley around 6 April.

100% Woolwich will move. Burnley will depend of whether they are still in a relegation scrap. If they are already doomed (and it looks like they will be) I doubt it will be shown unless the top 4 fight is still on. FWIW Man U v Woolwich is probably the biggest game, closely followed by Villa v Liverpool so they will almost certainly be picked. Everton v Sheffield U could be important, but Sheff U will probably be gone long before that and Everton could be safe. If we are picked expect it to be Friday or Monday, whichever is most inconvenient.

We play City on 20 Apr. Fa Cup semi final date. They are home to Newcastle in quarter final so every chance that game will be postponed.
9 and 16 apr are champ lge weeks so we cannot play Chelsea then as our game was a tv game, and will be on tv when played. So 23 Apr is the best bet. Needs sorting asap. Not helping if Chelsea stay in the FA Cup.
So a couple of midweek games in the closing weeks of the season. I don’t think it’s a bad thing. When we have a weeks prep we don’t exactly look much good . 2 weeks prep for Palace…..who knows!!

Matchweeks 35-38 are (usually) released individually rather than as parts of a monthly block.

Woolwich is MW 35 and Burnley is MW 37.

So expect Woolwich to be announced around 23 March and Burnley around 6 April.

100% Woolwich will move. Burnley will depend of whether they are still in a relegation scrap. If they are already doomed (and it looks like they will be) I doubt it will be shown unless the top 4 fight is still on. FWIW Man U v Woolwich is probably the biggest game, closely followed by Villa v Liverpool so they will almost certainly be picked. Everton v Sheffield U could be important, but Sheff U will probably be gone long before that and Everton could be safe. If we are picked expect it to be Friday or Monday, whichever is most inconvenient.
Looking at the fixtures, obviously City, United and Liverpool games will be on tv as the title might be on the verge of being decided . So that’s 2 left to pick. No doubt Burnley and Sheffield Utd will be gone by then. We are in the scrap for top 4 , Villa will be on v Liverpool as are Man Utd v Woolwich. Poss Forest v Chelsea if Forest get points deduction and are in the bottom 3, I would think there is a fair chance we will be on tv as there will be something riding on our result. Plus we will attract more viewers than Luton
I am assuming there will be 5 games on as there often are but as it is the penultimate game they may not want a Friday or Monday game.
At least the last game v Sheffield Utd will be on tv, they all are for the first time for last game.

We play City on 20 Apr. Fa Cup semi final date. They are home to Newcastle in quarter final so every chance that game will be postponed.
9 and 16 apr are champ lge weeks so we cannot play Chelsea then as our game was a tv game, and will be on tv when played. So 23 Apr is the best bet. Needs sorting asap. Not helping if Chelsea stay in the FA Cup.
So a couple of midweek games in the closing weeks of the season. I don’t think it’s a bad thing. When we have a weeks prep we don’t exactly look much good . 2 weeks prep for Palace…..who knows!!

Yeah, I think its increasingly likely that our April will ultimately look like this if City get to the semi finals :

2nd April - West Ham
8th April - Nottm Forest
13th April - Newcastle
23rd/24th April - Chelsea
27th April - Woolwich

I think City game will likely be postponed until 13/14th May.

Looking at the fixtures, obviously City, United and Liverpool games will be on tv as the title might be on the verge of being decided . So that’s 2 left to pick. No doubt Burnley and Sheffield Utd will be gone by then. We are in the scrap for top 4 , Villa will be on v Liverpool as are Man Utd v Woolwich. Poss Forest v Chelsea if Forest get points deduction and are in the bottom 3, I would think there is a fair chance we will be on tv as there will be something riding on our result. Plus we will attract more viewers than Luton
I am assuming there will be 5 games on as there often are but as it is the penultimate game they may not want a Friday or Monday game.
At least the last game v Sheffield Utd will be on tv, they all are for the first time for last game.
Just to prove I've go nothing better to do this afternoon before the beer fridge is unlocked for the weekend, last season's matchweek 37 had two on Saturday*, two on Sunday and one on Monday. No Friday match though.

There were also matches on the following Wednesday and Thursday to fit in the last two postponed games, so I wouldn't rule that out to fit in City or Chelsea on 15/16 May.

*Oh and we got the 12:30 Saturday match at home v Brentford. And lost 1-3. :harrysmile:

Back
Top Bottom