The Spurs Of London - SL Benfica

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

--------------Lloris----------------
--Walker-- Kaboul--Veljkovic--
--Paulinho-Sandro--Bentaleb--
--Dembele---Eriksen--Chadli--
------------Adebayore------------

I don't want to see Naughton, Rose or Fryers in a white shirt ever again to be honest. They simply can not defend. I would rather give the youth a chance (sic). Youth youth.

I know damn well Rose, Naughton and Fryers will never be anywhere near the level we need so why keep the fail spiral going?

Would you rather see a luke warm performance from Naughton? A potentially catesrophic one from Rose? Or a "what the fuck is he doing now" display from Fryers? Or a young Spur given the chance?

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnatio...tottenham-prospect-rankings-6-milos-veljkovic

Cue "he's injured" to send me over the edge of insanity...

AVB-e1322107287416.jpg

article_90b8b99a14a5c578_1363621543_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

Away goals rule is normal. We need 3 in 90 minutes

--------------Lloris----------------
--Walker-- Kaboul--Veljkovic--
--Paulinho-Sandro--Bentaleb--
--Dembele---Eriksen--Chadli--
------------Adebayore------------

I don't want to see Naughton, Rose or Fryers in a white shirt ever again to be honest. They simply can not defend. I would rather give the youth a chance (sic). Youth youth.

I know damn well Rose, Naughton and Fryers will never be anywhere near the level we need so why keep the fail spiral going?

Would you rather see a luke warm performance from Naughton? A potentially catesrophic one from Rose? Or a "what the fuck is he doing now" display from Fryers? Or a young Spur given the chance?

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnatio...tottenham-prospect-rankings-6-milos-veljkovic

Cue "he's injured" to send me over the edge of insanity...

AVB-e1322107287416.jpg

article_90b8b99a14a5c578_1363621543_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg
That left hand side of Veljkovic, Bentaleb and Chadli is not going to cut it against Benfica I'm afraid. We'd be doing Veljkovic a disservice by giving him his debut in such a make-shift line-up against excellent opposition. Smash the boys confidence to no end.

That left hand side of Veljkovic, Bentaleb and Chadli is not going to cut it against Benfica I'm afraid. We'd be doing Veljkovic a disservice by giving him his debut in such a make-shift line-up against excellent opposition. Smash the boys confidence to no end.

We're better off playing 1 or 2 inexperienced players in their natural positions that trying to juggle players around and ending up with 4 or 5 out of position.

We're better off playing 1 or 2 inexperienced players in their natural positions that trying to juggle players around and ending up with 4 or 5 out of position.
I only suggested not playing Veljkovic, not manoeuvring the whole team around. I would sooner see Naughton - Walker - Sandro - Fryers at the back. That's only 2 out of position, but it'll be the same number regardless of the youngster as the only other option is Fryers at CB.

Either way, we're struggling. Though I suspect one of either Kaboul, Dawson or Capoue will be 'risked' rather than a make-shift defensive partnership.

That is a good point. Bentaleb hit the ground running so perhaps it is too much of a gamble to have 2 green players next to each other. Swap out Bentaleb for Dembele so Veljkovic can have a steady player in front of him.

On the flip side it may be good for Bentaleb to have a more attacking role and take him out of the boiler room.

I only suggested not playing Veljkovic, not manoeuvring the whole team around. I would sooner see Naughton - Walker - Sandro - Fryers at the back. That's only 2 out of position, but it'll be the same number regardless of the youngster as the only other option is Fryers at CB.

Either way, we're struggling. Though I suspect one of either Kaboul, Dawson or Capoue will be 'risked' rather than a make-shift defensive partnership.

It's 4 positions where we aren't playing our best available player - we have the option of playing Walker and Sandro in their best positions and should do so........we can fill in around them rather than juggling the entire lineup

It's 4 positions where we aren't playing our best available player - we have the option of playing Walker and Sandro in their best positions and should do so........we can fill in around them rather than juggling the entire lineup
So that leaves us with ...

Walker - Fryers - Naughton?
Or
Walker - Fryers - Veljkovic - Naughton?

We may have no choice at least we'd be playing him in his prefered position, playing players out of position always leads to disaster. Anyway not like we have much of a chance, no one is gonna blame the kid if we lose.

David Pleat was on my flight. He seemed annoyed he was put at the back next to the bog and was simply demolishing the red wine. I hope he made it through customs.

#SavePleaty
#PascalShimbomba

Last edited:
Tim Sherwood has confirmed that spurs are without a senior center back to face Benfica, meaning players will have to fill the position. Adebayor & Paulinho are injured & have not traveled. Rose late Fitness Test

Last edited:
Can we recall Livermore for one game at CB?

We've not got a hope in Hull's chance......

: ostrich:

No Walker, Vertonghen, Dawson, Chiches, Paulinho, Adebayor

Unlikely Kaboul, Capoue or Rose

[formation=352, Lloris, Nort, Vedge, Zeki, Townsend, Bentaleb, Sandro, Eriksen, Invisible Gylfi, Chadli, Soldado][/formation]

Or Lennon, Dembélé (if he's fit enough), Kane.... have we even got enough subs?

SPURSY!!!!

[Kaboul enters physio room]
Physio: "Why hello Younes, what seems to be the problem?'
Kaboul: "I think I've pulled my hip, again."
Physio: "Ah, excuse me one moment, I need to go get my tools!"
[Physio enters adjoining room. Kaboul waits patiently, hearing an infernal clanging noise happening in the next room. Five minutes pass before he returns]
"Ah, here we go... What did you say the problem was again?"
"My hip, I think I threw it out."
"Well, let's just see about that."
[Kaboul watches in confusion as the Physio shakes a cup, then scatters chicken bones across the floor. He studies them intently]
Physio: "Ah, see that? It's not your hip at all. According to this you have bad AIDS!"
"No, I really don't thin..."
"Nonsense, that's exactly what it is. But never fear, all you need is a good bleeding! You'll feel much better in the morning, I can promise you that."
"Whatever, I knew this would be a fucking waste of time..."

Back
Top Bottom