The state of our club right now.... Discuss!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I need to add that I am starting to resent the time taken up following the team at the moment. The cost is not an issue just yet, but in a year or two, it might. As I made the trip to Manchester a bit of a mini break (I went to the National Football Museum which was definitely worth a visit), it wasn't a complete waste of time. Not sure what delights Preston has to offer, so just doing the coach for that!
You are amazing the day you give up I'm quitting too.

DDgPzAuXYAEvMqG.jpg

:adegrin2:

I'm at the point now where I just don't care any more. Haven't been to a single game this season, and I don't get excited to watch us when we're on TV.

It's just so obvious now that the owners objectives are nowhere near aligned to the fans' and the manager, so what's the point in me spending loads of money going to games?

I've mentally checked out now, and until Levy is gone, I can't see that changing.

I was offered a season ticket this year ... SO glad I decided not to get it.

Are we even a football club any more? I mean this in the fact that do those in charge want us to win , is there dream to see this team victorious on the pitch and win some trophies?
Honestly I don’t think that’s the aim, we are run as a very successful business, unfortunately the football comes second to that.

I think going 2-0 up against City just before half time did us more harm than good - it was like holding a red flag to a bull. If we'd gone in 0-0 at half time, we could have plodded along as we were and maybe got a couple of late goals which is the best way to beat City. We don't have the defence to cope with a furious onslaught from City's forward line.

This is why I haven't despaired at our last result. The team has responded well to the return of Kulusevski and Bentancur and is on course to improve. We can't do anything about Paratici, we can't do anything about Conte and we can't do anything about Levy but we can get behind the team.

COYS

The club doesn’t really exist any more. There’s no collective Club of any meaning. The entity that has taken over the name of THFC is worth feeling a part of as much as a commercial cinema or bowling alley - and we’re treated like plastic and dispensable customers anyway - and I really don’t enjoy NWHL at all.
I hate to say it, but that's how I've felt the dozen or so times I've visited the new stadium. I feel like an Apple consumer walking into a shopping mall. It is big, grand, amazing ... but it kind of leaves me a bit cold. All that notification shit and DJs. I do miss the old feel of WHL and all its quirks.

I went to watch Luton last year and their stadium is a right shithole. But I really enjoyed it. Fans right up in the player's faces, old-school stands and a bovril. Football was very decent as well.

#Nostalgia

Coming into this season Spurs needed to retool the roster, but making Champions League made it difficult. The team is now in no man's land between the PL elites and 7th place and not likely to climb higher or fall lower soon. The front office is in disarray, not just because of Paratici's problems but also because of Spurs transfer strategy that seems more oriented to "winning" deals than making deals. If Conte can only work with the board through Paratici and Paratici can't continue then it probably is time to make an immediate move and start reworking the roster. And hopefully whatever the future it doesn't involve taking a step back with a return to Ponch.

Coming into this season Spurs needed to retool the roster, but making Champions League made it difficult. The team is now in no man's land between the PL elites and 7th place and not likely to climb higher or fall lower soon. The front office is in disarray, not just because of Paratici's problems but also because of Spurs transfer strategy that seems more oriented to "winning" deals than making deals. If Conte can only work with the board through Paratici and Paratici can't continue then it probably is time to make an immediate move and start reworking the roster. And hopefully whatever the future it doesn't involve taking a step back with a return to Ponch.

Retool the roster????

Ponch???

Give me some of your drugs.

Levy to spend £100m next week.

Kane & Conte to sign.

Golden Boot II for Son.

Cup double winners.

ENIC to donate their entire share holding to THST.

"have some faith"

:nawty:

COYS

Eric Dier as our CB for the past 3 years......
Why can't we buy a decent CB?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Why do we still have Lloris who is 80 years old and a back up keeper that is over 90....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:contehandshead:

I just don't understand. Aren't we like the 9th richest club in the world or something? ACT LIKE IT ENIC/LEVY!!

Things are not great at the minute but that’s football why not, just a idea get behind the team, manager & the players who lacking are lacking in confidence see where it takes us.

Back
Top Bottom