The state of our club right now.... Discuss!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

200.gif

To slip back into the middle of the pack, Newcastle will replace us in the big 6 discussion.

I just can't see ENIC selling up or putting in the required investment on the pitch to stay where we have been for the past few years.

Seen this coming for a long time now
I did say a few weeks ago I think the Super League will eventually happen , we will be on the outside when it finally does . Levy will be trying to persuade us Spurs v Bournemouth warrants Category A pricing

Last edited:
I’ll have to apologise to my two sons , daughter and four grandchildren then . What a heartless bastard I am ……… There again I’ll put the blame on my dear old departed dad . Thanks dad
i blame Jimmy Greaves , he is why I support Spurs , all my family are gooners , everyone where I live are gooners. It’s Greavsie’s fault but I wouldn’t change it even if I could .

I did say a few weeks ago I think the Super League will eventually happen , we will be on the outside when it finally does . Levy will be trying to persuade us Spurs v Bournemouth warrants Category A pricing
I would think we would still be included. The Super League wasn’t about football pedigree, it was about financial pedigree.

I just found out that Brighton are run by one of our old ex non executive directors. Baffles me that this person can plan and Levy can’t.
He probably fucked off from Spurs because he realised that there is only one man ever winning anything at Spurs and that man is Daniel Levy.

Frank Arnesen, Martin Jol, Harry Redknapp, Poch & Paul Mitchell.

Every other appointment was questionable or shite.

Levy has had a good run off everyone else's back.

Time is up.

:levyeyes:He probably fucked off from Spurs because he realised that there is only one man ever winning anything at Spurs and that man is Daniel Levy.

Frank Arnesen, Martin Jol, Harry Redknapp, Poch & Paul Mitchell.

Every other appointment was questionable or shite.

Levy has had a good run off everyone else's back.

Time is up.
Anyone good always leaves us. You can only wonder why?
:levyeyes:

Ok. I’ll play.

It goes without saying that Levy / ENIC are to blame here - systemically and historically. And I’ll point out - just for balance - that unforeseen issues such as COVID and the emergence of oil states and super rich Yanks skewed the sport at crucial times against Spurs. But the list of things going wrong right now are largely (but no solely) can be laid at the feet of Levy:

Conte - wrong coach at the wrong club. Football tactics have passed AC by. His tactics, methods and stubbornness are outdated and clearly flawed. On a personal level we can’t gauge how the loss of 3 close friends have affected him this season. But his heart isn’t in it - it seems from afar. Combine this with the posturing over signing a contract or walking away when things get tough (a constant over his 14months) mean that he is a lame duck who (even if Levy wanted to back - which I doubt) can’t be trusted to stay even after the club lays out hundreds of millions for ‘his type’ of player.

The players - poor recruitment coupled with hanging onto players for too long means Spurs are saddled with too many poor and/or underperforming players. The former - Royal, Sessegnon, Lenglet, Doherty plus all of the loanees. The latter, Lloris, Davies, Dier and for different reasons Son and arguably Kane. Another factor related to Conte (which puts the players once again in a terrible light) is ‘happiness’ with tactics, conditioning etc

Paratici - yes, delivered Kulusevski and Bentancur but is now a lame duck / convict and will have to leave further damaging the club.

Us, the fans - suffering as the butt of so many other fans jibes, memes, piss taking. Paying well over the odds for ST’s and match day tickets. Craving a trophy, any hint of success after years of going ‘so close’ and now tearing ourselves apart on line and I suspect, a La Woolwich in the days of Wenger in/out in the stadium.

The vast majority of the above - barring a couple of points - clearly the fault of ownership / management

But yes, 1882 - as a fan of over 40 years it really does appear that THFC have angered the sporting gods badly and permanently!! I’m a glass half empty kind of bloke in life - and (am not joking) can blame Spurs for this…
Great post Henry Hotspur Henry Hotspur

Not much to add - chucking in my ST next season and going to a mix of several games a season with some non-league will be my small act of resistance against the Levy beast.

Spurs are just dull nowadays. No plan, no vision, no identity, no fun.

We made a bigger financial catastrophe from the Bale money, six duds only Eriksen had the quality.
+the transfer window we didn’t buy anyone and not taking advantage of the fact we got to the champions league final that should have been the springboard to kick on irrespective of a large slice of luck getting there we should have taken advantage……strengthened the squad, freshened it up and promoted that reaching that level was possible with us, but no

Wouldn’t worry about your disagree , Bruce Castle hasn’t had much to say since 2016 !
I can handle a disagree (though don't always see the point of them.)it's just when it's a statement that's totally personal to me, then people aren't in a position to.
Like being asked your favourite colour or what time train you are getting. Then someone disagreeing...

+the transfer window we didn’t buy anyone and not taking advantage of the fact we got to the champions league final that should have been the springboard to kick on irrespective of a large slice of luck getting there we should have taken advantage……strengthened the squad, freshened it up and promoted that reaching that level was possible with us, but no
You are right; instead of capitalising, we sat on our hands and did nothing. A backward step & opportunity missed; as we drift further away from the best.

Ok. I’ll play.

It goes without saying that Levy / ENIC are to blame here - systemically and historically. And I’ll point out - just for balance - that unforeseen issues such as COVID and the emergence of oil states and super rich Yanks skewed the sport at crucial times against Spurs. But the list of things going wrong right now are largely (but no solely) can be laid at the feet of Levy:

Conte - wrong coach at the wrong club. Football tactics have passed AC by. His tactics, methods and stubbornness are outdated and clearly flawed. On a personal level we can’t gauge how the loss of 3 close friends have affected him this season. But his heart isn’t in it - it seems from afar. Combine this with the posturing over signing a contract or walking away when things get tough (a constant over his 14months) mean that he is a lame duck who (even if Levy wanted to back - which I doubt) can’t be trusted to stay even after the club lays out hundreds of millions for ‘his type’ of player.

The players - poor recruitment coupled with hanging onto players for too long means Spurs are saddled with too many poor and/or underperforming players. The former - Royal, Sessegnon, Lenglet, Doherty plus all of the loanees. The latter, Lloris, Davies, Dier and for different reasons Son and arguably Kane. Another factor related to Conte (which puts the players once again in a terrible light) is ‘happiness’ with tactics, conditioning etc

Paratici - yes, delivered Kulusevski and Bentancur but is now a lame duck / convict and will have to leave further damaging the club.

Us, the fans - suffering as the butt of so many other fans jibes, memes, piss taking. Paying well over the odds for ST’s and match day tickets. Craving a trophy, any hint of success after years of going ‘so close’ and now tearing ourselves apart on line and I suspect, a La Woolwich in the days of Wenger in/out in the stadium.

The vast majority of the above - barring a couple of points - clearly the fault of ownership / management

But yes, 1882 - as a fan of over 40 years it really does appear that THFC have angered the sporting gods badly and permanently!! I’m a glass half empty kind of bloke in life - and (am not joking) can blame Spurs for this…
Great post,only just read it.
As for the uncertainty round Conte. Me and a couple of mates were discussing this Thursday. Even if DL had a complete change of heart,why would you pour loads of money into a blokes coffers if you weren't certain he would be there in in 4months? New boss,new tactics that quite probably won't suit many of our squad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom