The state of our club right now.... Discuss!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He still made the right choice, my lad is nearly 18 and has just gone out with his spurs beanie on, let others take the piss, spurs is his club and he's proud of that and it will never change
Congrats Reaction GIF

Just my thoughts
Wrong manager for this board.
Our DOF is apparently a criminal.
Club makes us think they are on the brink of bankruptcy.
Strengthening the back line has been neglected for few years now.

Just to name few.
coys

Luckily, (and probably thanks to my weekly post match rantings coming back from a game) my son fucking HATES football...

It's the greatest gift I could've given him!

He'll thank me when he's older!!!!

Mine’s the same and follows Rugby League

Can’t say that I blame him

Just my thoughts
Wrong manager for this board.
Our DOF is apparently a criminal.
Club makes us think they are on the brink of bankruptcy.
Strengthening the back line has been neglected for few years now.

Just to name few.
coys
To think we paid £45m for Davinson keeps me up at night.

We'll be fine.

Always seem to have these sort of issues. Went from being disconnected to the club to connecting big time with Martin Jol in charge, brought the fun factor back before it went sour and we went down the winner route with Ramos. It got miserable again (at least there was a cup win that turned us into a big club in there). We then felt connected again when we went with Redknapp who gave us some amazing memories. It then went and turned sour again and we decided to go down the AVB route, which again managed to disconnect us from the club before we lucked out with Pochettino. Rinse. Repeat.

Levy just needs to decide whether we are going to act like a big club, get the big managers in who have a proven track record of winning things consistently, give them everything we need and understand that it's not a long term Alex Ferguson type deal and it's going to be lots of managers in over a short period of time but with potential gains.

Or he wants us to be a club that try and do things the way we've always done it, Play exciting football, provide a ground for some of the best young talent, get the best out of the squad it has and look to build something special with a guy who gets the club and wants to do it all here.

Right know ?
We've had total 30 years of Sugar/Levy no wonder we are in a super state of discourse and practically trophy less .
We can never be successful while these shit fucks dictate how this grand old FOOTBALL club operates .

We'll be fine.

Always seem to have these sort of issues. Went from being disconnected to the club to connecting big time with Martin Jol in charge, brought the fun factor back before it went sour and we went down the winner route with Ramos. It got miserable again (at least there was a cup win that turned us into a big club in there). We then felt connected again when we went with Redknapp who gave us some amazing memories. It then went and turned sour again and we decided to go down the AVB route, which again managed to disconnect us from the club before we lucked out with Pochettino. Rinse. Repeat.

Levy just needs to decide whether we are going to act like a big club, get the big managers in who have a proven track record of winning things consistently, give them everything we need and understand that it's not a long term Alex Ferguson type deal and it's going to be lots of managers in over a short period of time but with potential gains.

Or he wants us to be a club that try and do things the way we've always done it, Play exciting football, provide a ground for some of the best young talent, get the best out of the squad it has and look to build something special with a guy who gets the club and wants to do it all here.

You’ll excuse me if I’m not comforted by ‘we’ll be fine’ from the guy who thinks we’re a match for any team in the league and has predicted us to win every match going back to the Cretaceous period.

What Levy needs to do is fuck off. Nothing else.

We'll be fine.

We won’t be relegated for sure but we will have Kane and Son going with Kane off to United, Woolwich probably winning the title, Paratici gone and Conte mostly likely in the summer, ticket prices and food still crazy while with absolutely no forward vision for the club. It’s boring, we are a boring club going round in circles, I enjoy watching Brighton more than us. We have no identity other than a big fancy stadium.

This period post Poch has annoyed me as much as the 90’s, shit football with no plan but somewhat better players overall. I want a fucking plan, an actual vision, and a vision of the football not building hotels.

You’ll excuse me if I’m not comforted by ‘we’ll be fine’ from the guy who thinks we’re a match for any team in the league and has predicted us to win every match going back to the Cretaceous period.

What Levy needs to do is fuck off. Nothing else.

Must have missed the part where I said we'd lose to City. Nugget.

We won’t be relegated for sure but we will have Kane and Son going with Kane off to United, Woolwich probably winning the title, Paratici gone and Conte mostly likely in the summer, ticket prices and food still crazy while with absolutely no forward vision for the club. It’s boring, we are a boring club going round in circles, I enjoy watching Brighton more than us. We have no identity other than a big fancy stadium.

This period post Poch has annoyed me as much as the 90’s, shit football with no plan but somewhat better players overall. I want a fucking plan, an actual vision, and a vision of the football not building hotels.

I remember losing King, Modric and van der Vaart within weeks of eachother. I remember losing Gareth Bale at his absolute peak. We'll lose Kane and we'll survive mate.

Our next managerial appointment is alot more important though to offset that. I don't have much faith in us getting that one right if we're just going to be trying to go for managers like Mourinho, Conte, Tuchel.

I remember losing King, Modric and van der Vaart within weeks of eachother. I remember losing Gareth Bale at his absolute peak. We'll lose Kane and we'll survive mate.

Our next managerial appointment is alot more important though to offset that. I don't have much faith in us getting that one right if we're just going to be trying to go for managers like Mourinho, Conte, Tuchel.

I can stomach losing Kane if we had a plan, we don’t. It’s all short term opportunism, this is outdated and unless we are going to spend vast amounts of cash it won’t take us anywhere. The manager for me is not that important next to Levy stepping down, the manager won’t fix our deeper issues.

I can stomach losing Kane is we had a plan, we don’t. It’s all short term opportunism, this is outdated and unless we are going to spend vast amounts of cash it won’t take us anywhere. The manager for me is not that important next to Levy stepping down.

And only one of those is realistic.

Yep which is why we probably will remain going nowhere.

Depends on your personal definition of somewhere.

Consistent title challenges every single year? Probably not. We've seen that a handful of times in our entire history and as you say, currently the investment isn't there. But by that definition we never went anywhere under Pochettino or Redknapp either.

Trophies? We've had plenty of opportunities for that over the last two decades and we've failed pretty much every time because of poor coaching or the players not showing up.

It's obvious Levy will be here for the foreseeable future. So I am putting my hope on him lucking out with his next managerial appointment and we get someone who can coach a group of players to play good football, brings in a few signings that can assentuate that and we can atleast enjoy seeing what he can do whilst enjoying what we see on the pitch.

Seen us lose hoddle,waddle ,gazza not inclusive of those more recently that have fucked off through lack of ambition from the club..
Losing kane wont really bother me tbh..id say go with our thanks and win at the top level while you still can

Support of this club amazes me with our loyalty.

We really are at a crossroads now wether we want to even try and compete or become mid table mediocrates just happy to poddle along .
I live in hope something changes ffs
That wont come from.enic...simple ?.

Last edited:
Depends on your personal definition of somewhere.

Consistent title challenges every single year? Probably not. We've seen that a handful of times in our entire history and as you say, currently the investment isn't there. But by that definition we never went anywhere under Pochettino or Redknapp either.

Trophies? We've had plenty of opportunities for that over the last two decades and we've failed pretty much every time because of poor coaching or the players not showing up.

It's obvious Levy will be here for the foreseeable future. So I am putting my hope on him lucking out with his next managerial appointment and we get someone who can coach a group of players to play good football, brings in a few signings that can assentuate that and we can atleast enjoy seeing what he can do.

Conte is an elite manager, he only won the title in Italy just before coming to us, if he ain’t fixing the club nor is anyone else. We don’t win thophies because normally when we get to finals we meet stronger sides like Liverpool or Chelsea and don’t have enough. We have had good coaching from Poch to Conte and it’s not been good enough to get us over the line. Neither Klopp nor Pep is changing that.

I have seen enough of this board to see they don’t have a plan on the pitch. They don’t properly support managers, we hire cheque book managers with a limited cheque book then wonder why it fails, we get project managers like Poch then don’t support the project. It’s a shambles.

At this point I would rather they be honest, accept they don’t know how to build a winning team and hire a manager who plays entertaining football instead so at least it can be fun but nothing is truly getting fixed while Levy is chairman.

We'll be fine.

Best post on this thread so far..

We do need to get the next bit right though.... or else.

Back
Top Bottom