The Trust have called for the board to resign.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Worth it's own thread IMO.

“We call for the immediate resignation of the Executive Board of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, and for the owners to work with us to appoint a new board that has elected and accountable fan representation on it. That representation must make key decisions about the running of the club dependent upon fan approval, and we would expect to see that made a legal requirement across the game.”

It's like gnats biting the legs of giants - The Trust are just a bunch of nerds with time to spare - sure they make some good points and keep a dialogue going but it's all just noise.

The reality is ENIC purchased THFC for 60m and twenty years latter under the chairmanship of Levy that investment is now worth 2 billion ... the mid-table going nowhere club they bought is now recognised as part of Europe's elite ...

Now you can call them cunts, greedy, uncaring and anything else, but if you ignore your personal feelings and just look at the facts, they have been incredibly successful both for themselves and for our club.

Dragged our club into the gutter? a cancer to be removed? that's just ignorance and envy talking.

Their failing is not creating a structure to succeed even more on the pitch, and I say even more because when they took over in the previous decade we averaged 12th now we average 5th .... to even the most cynical that's an improvement ... but is it good enough?

With the training ground, stadium, and after Covid the finances in place, no it won't be good enough we need to push on for top 4 or higher ... but to call it cancer, failure, or even pretend that our name has been tarnished from where we were under Sugar ... how short some of your memories must be.

Listening to Ramon Vega on a podcast the other day - when he signed we didn't even have a gym, the players were given cards to David Lloyd in Chigwell....our infrastructure has gone from non league to super league under Enic

I listened in, and she came over as very passionate about our Club, a little bit self important, maybe, but she cares.
Agree

however she comes across as the sort of person that would grate on you if you worked with her, would have to leave or jump from the building. Loves the sound of her voice and no ability to listen

No it's not.

It's a cash cow to service the debts taken on to build the infrastructure for the Sports Entertainment Company.

It's no coincidence that - along with ESL franchise plans - other players are made for NFL, other sports and even concerts.

The revenue flows from the FC into infrastructure development. Not the other way round.

I fully expect them to build a hotel near the training ground too and perhaps even next to the ground in order to service sports teams and even national teams from abroad in full spectrum sollutions.

Just because they aren't trotting wheelbarrows of liquid cash out of the west stand, it doesn't mean that "it's pretty much it".

If so, you are barking naive about how corporate business is being conducted.
These all compliment the football club turnover though.... not as if they taking FC cash and investing in Bitcoin.

that’s said are the investment revenues separate from FC eg if they make £10m profit from 5 concerts, where does that go?

...our infrastructure has gone from non league to super league under Enic
Who gives a fuck .
The infrastructure will always grow at the expense of silverware . The club is a tool for those two ugly cunts to grow bigger richer while the football side does fuck all.
They have just tried to fuck all Spurs fans , destroy English football and just fill it with tourists .
There is nothing that justifies their bent regime.

This is always going to be based on opinion and the split is always going to come down to Levy as a businessman vs Levy as a football fan. It just depends on what's more important in each individual's opinion of the club.

Had it not been for the Oligarchs and Arab owners, under the style of football business ownership based on previous eras he has done a lot of things right.

We're cemented amongst the top teams in Europe, a stadium that few of us could have imagined back in the early 00's and

...1 trophy

....and that's where the football part kicks in. His footballing decisions have been questionable, if not awful. From being notoriously stingy and waiting until the 11th hour with transfers, unsupportive of managers who deserved transfers getting involved with the squad and god knows how he makes some of his transfer decisions.

Who gives a fuck .
The infrastructure will always grow at the expense of silverware . The club is a tool for those two ugly cunts to grow bigger richer while the football side does fuck all.
They have just tried to fuck all Spurs fans , destroy English football and just fill it with tourists .
There is nothing that justifies their bent regime.

Well I do

On field success and trophies aren't guaranteed, you could do everything right off the pitch and still not win.

But investing in the training ground, academy, stadium, etc gives you the best possible chance at sustaining a successful club.

I was going to sit in on the THST zoom meeting last evening, but in the end I just couldn't be arsed to sit through 2 hours of it.

I was going to sit in on the THST zoom meeting last evening, but in the end I just couldn't be arsed to sit through 2 hours of it.
It was ok, TBF. I think Martin Cloake wanted to stress what the meeting was all about - just the vote on the declaration. People making 'off the point' arguments in the chat and sharing the meeting when specifically asked not to annoyed me. But considering the numbers that attended, thought it ran quite smoothly.

Listening to Ramon Vega on a podcast the other day - when he signed we didn't even have a gym, the players were given cards to David Lloyd in Chigwell....our infrastructure has gone from non league to super league under Enic
Maybe we can claim the gym trophy for this?

Last edited:
The The Outsider The Outsider troll claiming we were a small club before ENIC took over - utter lies and usual

We were always the second biggest club in London and far more decorated than Chavs then and City and historically always the 5th best club.

How would fan ownership fit with the fact we have about £1 billion in debt. So our debt is equal to about 100 per cent of the value of the club.
If football finance goes tits up after Covid the fans would presumably become jointly liable for repayment.

Fan ownership would have to be through some kind of institution, so presumably that trust or club or whatever form it takes would hold the debt liability.
Is that about right?

Sometimes we play down the trust but if it wasn't for them we'd be playing where West Ham are playing right now.
No brand new WHL . NO.
This board is trying to destroy the history of our club 2012 with the potential stadium and re-location and now the Super league.

Like the THST says they CANNOT be trusted.

Back
Top Bottom