The Trust have called for the board to resign.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People can have a view on whether it was right or wrong, but I don't see this "he just went with the flow" argument standing up.
ENIC is obviously trying to build a global sport conglomerate, Levy was in this because it fits with the plan and it would not be surprising if he was one of the architects.
Isn't that going with the flow?

To pretend that Sky/EPL/UEFA and now the EFL aren't all different sides of the same coin is foolhardy, money took over the minute the EPL and TV companies got rid of "Saturday 3:00pm" after that the TV Companies and the Elite clubs have dictated change after change, and UEFA have just gone along with it. This was just the latest attempt to create a private club, and you can be sure it won't be the last.

The one massive positive from this shit-show is that fans have shown that we do still matter, even if we're now small change in terms of revenue, when we get together we can still fuck over even the biggest chairmen, Levy included.

Well, well, well.
Close to 10 years I have been calling for the removal of this cancer from our club.
The amount of abuse I have received for holding this view point.
The amount of abuse Joan Thomas has received.
The boards actions over the past week validate everything we have said.
Thrilled to say I, and others on this forum have been correct.
Open to apologies.
More open to a collective movement against the ENIC/Levy cancer.
Nope. You are correct now, but you e been wrong for almost a decade.

You’re the guy who stands in the desert saying “it rains here all the time”, then spend almost ten years getting a suntan before it rains for the first time, at which point you turn into a smug cunt and say “told you so”.

So be as thrilled and self satisfied as you want, but you’re not as prescient as you seem to think you are.

Levy needs to go, ENIC need to look for a buyer and sell at a more realistic price than they would like. They'd still make a huge profit and Lewis could enjoy the money for as long as he has left on Earth, which at 84 probably isn't that long!

They've improved the facilities but not through spending out of their own pockets. Either through money the club has earned or loans taken out in its name. Joe Lewis doesn't owe £1bn, the cub does.

They've shown that they're not interested in actually winning trophies and I think that should be painfully obvious to even the fully paid up members of the Levy Fanclub.

Get rid.
Agree with absolutely all of that, but on the other hand they are hardly Mike Ashley/Glazers

I dislike Levy and Lewis but they are by no means awful owners.... they are beige really. That said, I’m in my 40’s now and want to celebrate a league title soon. After 20 years of ENIC, I’m up for change

sell up to those Saudi bastards

Wow. So £4m a year as custodian of the club, and last year’s £7m payment too. Plus his shares. If that’s not lining pockets to you then you’re a very lucky and very rich man!
£4m a year to run a £500m highly competitive business ... that's not even in the top 500 for CEO's wages. Might sound like a lot to you but it's really not that much for the size of the job.

Not saying it's right ... that's a whole different argument.

£4m a year to run a £500m highly competitive business ... that's not even in the top 500 for CEO's wages. Might sound like a lot to you but it's really not that much for the size of the job.

Not saying it's right ... that's a whole different argument.
Not sure that’s true.... two things:

I work for a company with a 40 billion turnover and our CEO gets loads of flak for her wage (twice what Levy earns).

How many CEO’s that earn that much have a 20% stake / ownership in their company. Seems like cake and eat it to me

Not sure that’s true.... two things:

I work for a company with a 40 billion turnover and our CEO gets loads of flak for her wage (twice what Levy earns).

How many CEO’s that earn that much have a 20% stake / ownership in their company. Seems like cake and eat it to me
Just search top CEO's wages - you will be horrified that no 500 was $16.4m

Shares and salary are seperate - if you bought shares in the company you work for would you expect a pay cut to go with that?

Wow. So £4m a year as custodian of the club, and last year’s £7m payment too. Plus his shares. If that’s not lining pockets to you then you’re a very lucky and very rich man!

Levy’s normal salary as chairman is less than he pays Sissoko ffs. Less than he pays his managers. And you don’t earn money for having shares unless you pay yourself a dividend of the annual profits. Which Levy hasn’t done for a decade or so.

Can call for levy/enic out but whats the alternative here. Glazers/ mansour/ abramovich type??
Another thing fans need to be aware of. We call for signings,, big signings we need to compete top 4 minimum etc. where does that money come from with co vid etc.big money like super league. Need to be careful what we wish for.
Fear of been left behind has driven our participation in the super league

Shares and salary are seperate - if you bought shares in the company you work for would you expect a pay cut to go with that?
Top 500 of what? Fortune 500? How many of those companies have a turnover of half a billion? 😂

he doesn’t have a handful of shares, he owns c.20% that he didn’t buy himself

Anyone else seen the der Spiegel leaked documents.

If these are legit, and their ones about Man City FFP turned out to be, there is a €150m penalty clause for pulling out of the league.

Now I am not sure if that would just be a case of right pocket, left pocket as all clubs in same boat, but if not, major issue for us.

I echo the majority of the comments already posted. In the past I have backed Levy, even though he clearly has his faults the recent progress the club has made is undeniable whether we agree with the way the club is run or not. For example, we could have been run like Newcastle who have massively gone backwards as a football club considering the position they were in.

My view now is, I've lost trust in the board. I struggle to see how this current leadership team can have any say in decisions going forward when they have proved what sneaky conniving gits they are.

I agree with the statement by the fans trust, this was needed, otherwise it would have been like we were accepting what happened.

How easy will it be to implement change? I'm not so sure, but it's a start.

For the financial year ending 2019, FTSE 100 CEOs took home a median pay package worth £3.61m

not many of that lot have revenues of 500M!

Isn't that going with the flow?

To pretend that Sky/EPL/UEFA and now the EFL aren't all different sides of the same coin is foolhardy, money took over the minute the EPL and TV companies got rid of "Saturday 3:00pm" after that the TV Companies and the Elite clubs have dictated change after change, and UEFA have just gone along with it. This was just the latest attempt to create a private club, and you can be sure it won't be the last.

The one massive positive from this shit-show is that fans have shown that we do still matter, even if we're now small change in terms of revenue, when we get together we can still fuck over even the biggest chairmen, Levy included.
It was a reaction to your "he was offered a spot" comment ... he wasn't offered a spot, he helped design the thing.

The conspiracy probably goes back at least as far as our "special relationship" with Real Madrid. Presumably this is part of it.

Agree with absolutely all of that, but on the other hand they are hardly Mike Ashley/Glazers

I dislike Levy and Lewis but they are by no means awful owners.... they are beige really. That said, I’m in my 40’s now and want to celebrate a league title soon. After 20 years of ENIC, I’m up for change

sell up to those Saudi bastards
Please not the f****** Saudis.

I suspect a major driver for Spurs to join is that we missed out on the start of PL due to a previous Chairman almost bancrupting us.

So Spurs at start of PL era started in a very weak position, with a smallish weak squad where the annual target was to beat the drop (relegation). Our average position was about 14th with staying in PL usually only achieved n April.

So with Real Madrid driving a new league and other big clubs joining it the question was whether to join that group or not.

Had we NOT joined and European Superleague happened (replacing CL - NOT PL) I can imagine a similar thread castigating Levy for not joining.

Listening to Ramon Vega on a podcast the other day - when he signed we didn't even have a gym, the players were given cards to David Lloyd in Chigwell....our infrastructure has gone from non league to super league under Enic
Do we get the infrastructure cup to put in our trophy cabinet ?

Back
Top Bottom