The Trust have called for the board to resign.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's no joke

What the hell does infrastructure actually mean to fans
If you don't understand what difference having 600m income compared to 300m income makes ... best not start your own business.

Obviously if the club has twice as much money it can spend a lot more on transfers and salaries - that's the bit that's better for the fans ....

If you don't understand what difference having 600m income compared to 300m income makes ... best not start your own business.

Obviously if the club has twice as much money it can spend a lot more on transfers and salaries - that's the bit that's better for the fans ....
Great

So we can waste even more money on shite players and still win nothing

It’s hilarious because Levy committed more money to his failed Mourinho fetish than anything he’s ever done before.

similar to those lot down the road - £183mil on 3 forward plus Willian on £200k a week.

Over the last 10 years, it’s not funding that’s the problem it’s quality of recruitment and constant brinksmanship tactics in transfers in both buying and selling.

the money is there, it’s just always been used poorly (aside from summer 2015)

First thing that comes up when you google Daniel Levy annual salary.
2nd highest is crazy when we say how we haven't the spending power of a lot of other teams. yet our chairman is 2nd highest paid. That would be just about ok if we was doing a great job. But he clearly isn't. In fact he has cost us a fortune lately.

Woolwich are in the bottom half now. Does that make them a small club?

Man City were in the third tier not so long ago.

Man Utd were in the second division just a couple of decades before.

Every club will go through a period of performing below their station. That's football. It doesn't make that club a small club.

Before ENIC, Spurs were widely recognised as one of the BIG 5

I'll never understand this small club mentality that some of our own fans use to try and deflect away criticism of the owners. Why do you refuse to acknowledge our rich and illustrious heritage.

Spurs have always been a "big club" winning the double ensured that, however to claim that before ENIC we were still recognised as a big club means you probably weren't about at the time, from the end of the 80's right through the 90's we were lurching from one financial crisis to the next ...

and on the pitch we finished 10/15/8/15/7/8/10/14/11/10 .... big club results, are you sure?

Rather like RM and Barcelona today, we were 100% behind the EPL because Sugar saw this as a way out of our financial mess ... that never really worked which is why ENIC started to buy him out in 2000.

2nd highest is crazy when we say how we haven't the spending power of a lot of other teams. yet our chairman is 2nd highest paid. That would be just about ok if we was doing a great job. But he clearly isn't. In fact he has cost us a fortune lately.
The value of the business has grown exponentially under his tenure. That’s his job as someone who runs the business operation .

he needs to step away from the football side of things now. Hire a sporting director and just set the funds for them.

Woolwich are in the bottom half now. Does that make them a small club?

Man City were in the third tier not so long ago.

Man Utd were in the second division just a couple of decades before.

Every club will go through a period of performing below their station. That's football. It doesn't make that club a small club.

Before ENIC, Spurs were widely recognised as one of the BIG 5

I'll never understand this small club mentality that some of our own fans use to try and deflect away criticism of the owners. Why do you refuse to acknowledge our rich and illustrious heritage.
It's a yes from me Simon.

Who gives a fuck .
The infrastructure will always grow at the expense of silverware . The club is a tool for those two ugly cunts to grow bigger richer while the football side does fuck all.
They have just tried to fuck all Spurs fans , destroy English football and just fill it with tourists .
There is nothing that justifies their bent regime.
Can't wait to tell city fans celebrating they won the title, that well,
"ramon vega used to have to use a david lloyd gym but now we have our very own gym."
Like I say, we have a lot of fans more concerned about infrastucture & keeping levy/enic than success on the pitch.

When they took over, we was the 4th most decorated club in post war England.
Football has changed a lot, the best most fans of my particular generation could ever really have expected during their life so far was a cup run realistically, even pre ENIC...

...which was why I posted the list of trophies lifted since they took over and the money league clubs' positions etc.

1 Trophy but 8th/9th richest compared to the other numbers knocking about there speaks for itself. Super League, what a laugh.

"ramon vega used to have to use a david lloyd gym but now we have our very own gym."
Like I say, we have a lot of fans more concerned about infrastucture & keeping levy/enic than success on the pitch.
Literally every team in and around us in the league has upgraded infrastructure over the past decade. It’s something we had to do to keep pace. spurs lodge and staying at white hart lane Would have put us at a massive disadvantage

The infrastructure clearly needed an overhaul. Can't really argue with it. We've established foundations (no pun intended) to build on. Kudos to Levy for that.

It's important to note that we COULD NOT have borrowed £1 Billion to invest in our squad. Banks would say, "where's the collateral?". We'd say "there: Sanchez, Doherty, Hjobjerg [insert more poorly scouted players costing £1B]". Banks says:

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

We should have backed Poch. But we didn't have the money at the time. Poch fucked up, too, it's not like he was brutally let down by someone promising him everything and giving nothing. We ended up borrowing a shitload more during covid to buy some (mostly) shit players.

Now, I'm glad that the ESL didn't go ahead, but if it was a case of 'are you in or out?', then Levy was right to put us in the ESL. No question. We would have been TOTALLY FUCKED if it had gone ahead without us. Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in cloud cuckoo land.

We badly need a director of football.

I think Levy should half his salary to £1.5m. That gives us £1.5m in the kitty we didn’t have before. How’d you want to spend it this season? Maybe pay Ndombele for 7 weeks? Or maybe we splurge it all on a guy from League 2? Decisions, decisions.....

The value of the business has grown exponentially under his tenure. That’s his job as someone who runs the business operation .

he needs to step away from the football side of things now. Hire a sporting director and just set the funds for them.
He just seems to arrogant & too much of a control freak to do that I'm afraid.

I think Levy should half his salary to £1.5m. That gives us £1.5m in the kitty we didn’t have before. How’d you want to spend it this season? Maybe pay Ndombele for 7 weeks? Or maybe we splurge it all on a guy from League 2? Decisions, decisions.....
If only it was just that. £4m this year; £7m last year. Add in the awful signings. Add in the expensive manager disasters. His stewarding has not been good from a footballing perspective at all. He’s been en expensive failure on the pitch. And it’s not just his salary, even though, for me, it’s obscene. I don’t care what other FTSE directors get. We’re a football club.

Literally every team in and around us in the league has upgraded infrastructure over the past decade. It’s something we had to do to keep pace. spurs lodge and staying at white hart lane Would have put us at a massive disadvantage
That's my point. Its not unique to us. Like this special thing only we have done. There is a lot more money in football these days so everyone has upgraded infrastructure, like you say. So we need to judge more on the pitch. 1 trophy in 20 years. Doubtful for CL again this season. Looking miles away from a major trophy. Time for a change.

That's my point. Its not unique to us. Like this special thing only we have done. There is a lot more money in football these days so everyone has upgraded infrastructure, like you say. So we need to judge more on the pitch. 1 trophy in 20 years. Doubtful for CL again this season. Looking miles away from a major trophy. Time for a change.
That doesn’t necessarily have to be ownership though. The structure needs to change.

Chairman and owners should never be directly recruiting the manager/coach. I fully believe in the 3-tier system. Board/owner/chairman > Sporting director aka general manager > coaching staff

If only it was just that. £4m this year; £7m last year. Add in the awful signings. Add in the expensive manager disasters. His stewarding has not been good from a footballing perspective at all. He’s been en expensive failure on the pitch. And it’s not just his salary, even though, for me, it’s obscene. I don’t care what other FTSE directors get. We’re a football club.
I don’t think it’s a lot in the grand scheme of things. When we are paying a manager and players +£10m per annum. And we all know that the £7m was including a bonus for delivering the stadium project. So hardly representative of an average.

He’s made some ropey decisions and some very good ones. There’s no denying the quality of the infrastructure, his employment of Redknapp, Poch, Jol in particular, our heightened status and respect over his tenure.

An expensive failure on the pitch? Maybe. Depending on the power he actually wields here. And none of us know. If he’s signing players the managers or scouts don’t want, then fuck him. I doubt he is. But he’s the guy employing those managers and scouts, so at fault there. But does he get credit for hiring Poch, but blasted for signing players like Janssen that Poch maybe wanted? Again, we don’t know.

However, if Stratford was an actual plan, fuck him. And as I’ve said, the ESL debacle has made me think it is time for a change. In fact, I’m back to might be time for a change. The more I read from the usual Levy Out mob, the more I want to change my mind back to in. Reminds me of Bill Hicks saying he’d stop smoking if he didn’t think he’d turn into an ex smoker.

The infrastructure clearly needed an overhaul. Can't really argue with it. We've established foundations (no pun intended) to build on. Kudos to Levy for that.

It's important to note that we COULD NOT have borrowed £1 Billion to invest in our squad. Banks would say, "where's the collateral?". We'd say "there: Sanchez, Doherty, Hjobjerg [insert more poorly scouted players costing £1B]". Banks says:

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

We should have backed Poch. But we didn't have the money at the time. Poch fucked up, too, it's not like he was brutally let down by someone promising him everything and giving nothing. We ended up borrowing a shitload more during covid to buy some (mostly) shit players.

Now, I'm glad that the ESL didn't go ahead, but if it was a case of 'are you in or out?', then Levy was right to put us in the ESL. No question. We would have been TOTALLY FUCKED if it had gone ahead without us. Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in cloud cuckoo land.

We badly need a director of football.
Yeah I agree. Just think its not a special thing to just as as team spirit points out, most teams around has have done it. I think any owners we had would have done it for all the reasons you suggest we needed to do it. It goes with the territory.

Yeah we didn't poch back enough. No signings is a joke. We did have the money for a levy bonus which seems key to us as club. I think its typical us to move to a new stadium when we are doing so well. How to stop the great momentum & form you have ha. I can't really remember but feels like Woolwich were winning titles when they moved out of highbury too.
We are rarely as good as were under poch so its a shame we didn't hold off until the form dipped which was inevitable. Why haven't Woolwich kicked on since the stadium move? Just being run badly or?
& how can we be sure we don't make the same mistakes?

As for the ESP , I am still shocked all these people like levy thought it would go ahead! But I shouldn't be as he thought jose was still a top manager & a perfect fit for us! So his judgement went long ago!
Also, once you make the ESP gamble after the jose one...... I think you need to walk or be sacked.

Back
Top Bottom