The Trust have called for the board to resign.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's admirable that the supporters trust think that making a statement will force anyone's hand at Tottenham.

The world has moved on and big business is what football is all about - not the fans.

Lets just face it, it was UEFA, FIFA and the many governments around the world as well as united condemnation across the mainstream media that put paid to the ESL - the fan reaction on its own would have had little impact.

If the Spurs old faithful desert the team then there are millions around the world with cash in their pockets to fill the void.

Levy will draw a line under it and that will be that - he is not going anywhere unless he chooses to or ENIC chooses to sell Spurs.
So what's your point exactly. Are you saying we should all just shut up and let Levy & co have a free reign to what ever they like with our club unchallenged?

So what's your point exactly. Are you saying we should all just shut up and let Levy & co have a free reign to what ever they like with our club unchallenged?
Not at all - people do what they feel they should do - but it's pretty pointless expecting it to have an effect on ENIC and Levy.

Say they bow to "fan pressure" and resign and sell up....... Who would you like to buy us that would do anything different?

An oligarch who just buys success? A billionaire who buys all the best players and we then win the Champions league, Premier League and FA Cup?

Would that satisfy the "real fans"?

Tired Excuse Me GIF by Spotify
Brilliant reposte - first class.

:adethumbup:

Not at all - people do what they feel they should do - but it's pretty pointless expecting it to have an effect on ENIC and Levy.

Say they bow to "fan pressure" and resign and sell up....... Who would you like to buy us that would do anything different?

An oligarch who just buys success? A billionaire who buys all the best players and we then win the Champions league, Premier League and FA Cup?

Sounds good to me

Someone needs to tell Levy to put the club on Rightmove asap

Just search top CEO's wages - you will be horrified that no 500 was $16.4m

Shares and salary are seperate - if you bought shares in the company you work for would you expect a pay cut to go with that?
Denise Coates, the owner of Bet365 is the gold standard to huge wages.

From 2016-2020 she's earned over £1.2 billion, in 2020 she was paid a total of £421m in wages and dividends. An average of £48,000 per hour, that's every hour of every day!

A 4m CEO salary for a 500m turnover company is not unusual ...
Owning shares has nothing to do with salary ... I own 100% of my company still pay myself a salary.
Not unusual? Really? ‘For the financial year ending 2019, FTSE 100 CEOs took home a median pay package worth £3.61M’

we wouldn’t even get into the FTSE 500 with a 500M revenue (400M next year by the way).

with all due respect, I imagine you started your biz from scratch rather than taking an operational role and weasling your way to a 20% stake

Denise Coates, the owner of Bet365 is the gold standard to huge wages.

From 2016-2020 she's earned over £1.2 billion, in 2020 she was paid a total of £421m in wages and dividends. An average of £48,000 per hour, that's every hour of every day!
A complete outlier

Whilst I disagree with a lot you say (“not one brick” will never be forgotten I’m afraid) I do agree that accountability is absolutely key.
We can agree or disagree on how good/bad/indifferent we feel about ENIC but Levy got it absolutely right when he claimed to be merely a custodian of the club. That is exactly what he & his company are and will always be until they move on.
I have no goodwill left for them at all. They’ve done their bit and run their course.

Well I wouldn't say no better than the shit we have now.

Just search top CEO's wages - you will be horrified that no 500 was $16.4m

Shares and salary are seperate - if you bought shares in the company you work for would you expect a pay cut to go with that?
Levy hasn't received any dividends on his shares for at least 10 years.
Neither has Enic/Lewis

Not fucking surprised with the increase in TV money exploding the clubs revenue
I don't get your point?

The club generates more revenue than it has ever done before, including the TV monies, and STILL no dividends are paid to the shareholders.

That's a good thing.

It's admirable that the supporters trust think that making a statement will force anyone's hand at Tottenham.

The world has moved on and big business is what football is all about - not the fans.

Lets just face it, it was UEFA, FIFA and the many governments around the world as well as united condemnation across the mainstream media that put paid to the ESL - the fan reaction on its own would have had little impact.

If the Spurs old faithful desert the team then there are millions around the world with cash in their pockets to fill the void.

Levy will draw a line under it and that will be that - he is not going anywhere unless he chooses to or ENIC chooses to sell Spurs.
Never underestimate the fans....a united fan base and the shows over for the owners, of any club...

I don't get your point?

The club generates more revenue than it has ever done before, including the TV monies, and STILL no dividends are paid to the shareholders.

That's a good thing.
It’s a good thing - agreed

my point is revenue would have increased regardless

Does anyone have info or links to how bad the economic situation for PL clubs Championship clubs and foreign clubs really is ? I must admit I expected some clubs to start defaulting on something (debt, wages, taxes etc.) during the 20/21 season - but that hasn't really started it seems. And not many fire-sales either it seems.

Does anyone have info or links to how bad the economic situation for PL clubs Championship clubs and foreign clubs really is ? I must admit I expected some clubs to start defaulting on something (debt, wages, taxes etc.) during the 20/21 season - but that hasn't really started it seems. And not many fire-sales either it seems.

Which coincided with us becoming the first club in any major league to spend £0.00p on the football team in a whole summer transfer window.
Backed up by the same cowardice in the winter window.

If you can't understand why so many fans feel uncomfortable with this then I seriously have to question if you're a football fan at all. Let alone a Spurs fan.
Except the profit was from that year's trading so we didn't have it to spend until the year after - that's how economics work.

How much have Spurs invested in players in the last two seasons when the will have lost probably over 100m - if you can't understand how big business works you really shouldn't comment.

Spurs net transfer spend in the last five years is 226m .... is that still nothing?

You are living in the past just to keep your argument going. No question we should have spent more in the transfer market 2018 nobody would disagree but since then we've spent 260m on new players, did you miss that part or does it just not fit with your agenda?

You think that slagging off the club makes you a fan? You hide behind making it personal abuse against individuals within the club, but that's a coward's trick. If you think THFC is so shit why follow them? A fan will follow the club through good times and bad, will support them whether it's Scholar, Sugar, ENIC and whomsoever comes next, we will support Ramos, Allen, Redknapp, AVB, Sherwood, Poch, Mourinho, Mason whilst they manage our club, we will get behind each and every player wearing the Lillywhite no matter what.

Not sure what you call a person who spends their time cunting of the owners, the managers and the players on a Spurs website - but anyone must seriously have to question if you're a football fan at all. Let alone a Spurs fan.

Back
Top Bottom