The Trust have called for the board to resign.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
Worth it's own thread IMO.

“We call for the immediate resignation of the Executive Board of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, and for the owners to work with us to appoint a new board that has elected and accountable fan representation on it. That representation must make key decisions about the running of the club dependent upon fan approval, and we would expect to see that made a legal requirement across the game.”

Worth it's own thread IMO.

“We call for the immediate resignation of the Executive Board of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, and for the owners to work with us to appoint a new board that has elected and accountable fan representation on it. That representation must make key decisions about the running of the club dependent upon fan approval, and we would expect to see that made a legal requirement across the game.”

Great idea, almost certainly won’t happen.

I’m a bit calmer than earlier in the week. I know ENIC have done some great infrastructural stuff. But they’ve taken so much money out. They have a cash cow in Tottenham and have lined their pockets accordingly. The stadium build debt is on us not them. The Training Ground cost less than Soldado. Levy has taken more money out of the club for his salary than any other Chairman in global football. They’re not custodians. They’re there to make money for themselves. They have to understand - and all owners need to understand - that the fans are the club. They merely control the corporate entity attached to the club. They work for us and the players play for us. Without fans, football is nothing.

We have to start somewhere, I suppose. Even if they don't act on it, which is what everyone expects in reality, at least they get an indication on how the supporters are feeling.
Personally, I wish I didn't love this Club as much as I do, as all this palaver is wearing me down and I would love to just walk away. I wouldn't put up with this 💩 from a bloke!

This whole fiasco has shown what parasites our owners are

Surely the most ardent Enic supporter can no longer support them or believe they have the best interests of the fans at heart

The thing that pisses me off is they never call them out on the biggest problem - poor recruitment.

Yes there’s always “lack of recruitment” cited but our biggest problem is actually the quality of recruitment.

If we had Leicester’s recruitment team + our added transfer funds and European status we would of won the league seasons ago.

GET HITCHEN OUT.

Force levy to commit to a bigger transfer budget this summer. I don’t care as much about ENIC leaving if they can do those things. There is no guarantee that our new owner won’t just be a kronke/glazer like character anyway.

I honestly don’t think he gives a shit what the fans think about him. Water off a ducks back.
We're not even fans to him. We're member numbers easily replaced by a conveyor belt of new people signing up.

He'd be perfectly happy with 60k tourists waving their half and half scarfs and buying the Caribo Cup Losers merchandise.

After what has happened does anyone really think what us fans or the trust says matters to the board/owners? Lets not act like the protests were the reason the super league was stopped. It was because of the threats from the league, UEFA, FIFA, politicians. Everyone else who wanted to keep control, nothing to do with us fans who have a very small voice.

I’m a bit calmer than earlier in the week. I know ENIC have done some great infrastructural stuff. But they’ve taken so much money out. They have a cash cow in Tottenham and have lined their pockets accordingly. The stadium build debt is on us not them. The Training Ground cost less than Soldado. Levy has taken more money out of the club for his salary than any other Chairman in global football. They’re not custodians. They’re there to make money for themselves. They have to understand - and all owners need to understand - that the fans are the club. They merely control the corporate entity attached to the club. They work for us and the players play for us. Without fans, football is nothing.

Bingo.

They are using the FC to fund the development of the sports entertainment company.

It's quite blatant and in no way controversial (unfortunately). The only staggering thing is how many fans REFUSE to face those very facts.

ENIC haven't taken a dividend for years. Levy isn't even the best paid chairman or Club exec in the PL.

Their end game is to make a ton of money, but that's not what they have done so far, this notion that Levy/ENIC have "lined their pockets" from the cash cow that is THFC is utter bollocks. Levy gets a salary (and recently a bonus for the stadium), that's pretty much it.

No it's not.

It's a cash cow to service the debts taken on to build the infrastructure for the Sports Entertainment Company.

It's no coincidence that - along with ESL franchise plans - other players are made for NFL, other sports and even concerts.

The revenue flows from the FC into infrastructure development. Not the other way round.

I fully expect them to build a hotel near the training ground too and perhaps even next to the ground in order to service sports teams and even national teams from abroad in full spectrum sollutions.

Just because they aren't trotting wheelbarrows of liquid cash out of the west stand, it doesn't mean that "it's pretty much it".

If so, you are barking naive about how corporate business is being conducted.

Probably won’t make a difference but fair play to them. I don’t think I have ever seen the Spurs supporters trust giving real ultimatums like this though. They clearly are serious about this. Fully in agreement with it. #levyout #enicout

I read the statement as saying that they refuse to meet the Board, but instead insist on meeting the owners.........which are really one and the same, Levy would be leading both meetings and I can't see Joe Lewis wanting to attend. He seemingly leaves every decision up to Levy anyway.
The trust have done good work but they are acting here like poundland 1970’s shop stewards with some of their demands. Regardless of what Levy and co have done and it is wrong you don’t completely reject all lines of communication. Face time with Joe Lewis - don’t make me laugh. It’s as if the Trust really don’t understand the THFC ownership structure.

It’s very unprofessional and doesn’t help. This isn’t the time for Cloake to LARP a union boss to fulfil his far left marxist fantasies.

Back
Top Bottom