The Trust have called for the board to resign.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like I said, not even the highest paid in the PL, let alone in "global football"
I thought he made £7 mil last year, wasn't it something like £3 mil in salary and £4 mil in bonuses?

I might be wrong here but Im pretty sure I remember that because he furloughed the tottenham staff 20% the same day. I'm sure if we look back on the forums there's a thread on it.

The only way to solve this issue is to alow the fans to own part of the club similar to the german system. I mean it's so obvious that fans should be allowed to own shares of a club. Public shared companies have mostly investors who own a lot of shares but don't care about the company but only profits and you can clearly see this type of behaviour in english football. That these owners didn't give two fucks about what the fans think about such important decisons clearly proofs that. Me personally, I would gladly buy some shares of Tottenham!

ENIC haven't taken a dividend for years. Levy isn't even the best paid chairman or Club exec in the PL.

Their end game is to make a ton of money, but that's not what they have done so far, this notion that Levy/ENIC have "lined their pockets" from the cash cow that is THFC is utter bollocks. Levy gets a salary (and recently a bonus for the stadium), that's pretty much it.

No it's not.

It's a cash cow to service the debts taken on to build the infrastructure for the Sports Entertainment Company.

It's no coincidence that - along with ESL franchise plans - other players are made for NFL, other sports and even concerts.

The revenue flows from the FC into infrastructure development. Not the other way round.

I fully expect them to build a hotel near the training ground too and perhaps even next to the ground in order to service sports teams and even national teams from abroad in full spectrum sollutions.

Just because they aren't trotting wheelbarrows of liquid cash out of the west stand, it doesn't mean that "it's pretty much it".

If so, you are barking naive about how corporate business is being conducted.

No it's not.

It's a cash cow to service the debts taken on to build the infrastructure for the Sports Entertainment Company.

It's no coincidence that - along with ESL franchise plans - other players are made for NFL, other sports and even concerts.

The revenue flows from the FC into infrastructure development. Not the other way round.

I fully expect them to build a hotel near the training ground too and perhaps even next to the ground in order to service sports teams and even national teams from abroad in full spectrum sollutions.

Just because they aren't trotting wheelbarrows of liquid cash out of the west stand, it doesn't mean that "it's pretty much it".

I don't really care, but it this were true you could easily prove it.

I thought he made £7 mil last year, wasn't it something like £3 mil in salary and £4 mil in bonuses?

I might be wrong here but Im pretty sure I remember that because he furloughed the tottenham staff 20% the same day. I'm sure if we look back on the forums there's a thread on it.

There is a point being missed, I don't give a toss what Levy is paid IF he makes good business decisions for the club, he got a bonus based on a number of objectives being met, we're paying £15m a season for Jose and you can question players wages too. Premier League clubs make a lot of money and they spend a lot too, go check out any club in the league and show me the one that only spends money on buying players and renewing contracts...

The reason that Levy needs to step down is nothing to do with the governance of the club, Spurs is well run off the pitch, even if the footballing decisions over the last 3 seasons are open to debate.

But when you try to put Spurs in to a competition which is effectively a cartel, make no consultation with any of the fans about it at all (because you know damn well that your club's supporters would be dead against it and you just don't care that it could well destabilise domestic football in the UK and other countries too) but all you're thinking is how much money you can pull out of the game and fuck everyone else.. Well then you've just shown you don't give a toss about your fans or what matters to them. It's too bigger breach of trust.

I just don't think they get the perception of pure greed and arrogance that normal people view the 6 clubs with. The owners saw the dollar signs and did not care for the consequence, THST are right, they have to go.

I think the worry is that our Club's name has been tarnished by this proposed scheme, but it won't be the owners who suffer the consequences. My solution would be a huge fine, but the owners have to pay it from their own funds - they can afford it, after all.

85.55% ENIC
ENIC is owned 70,6% by Joe Lewis, 29.4% by Daniel Levy and his family members.

The other 14.45% is mainly small investments by fans which they have held on to since floatation, no other significant corporate investor.

No it's not.

Looking forward to reading the response!

No it's not.

Revenues are ultimately driven by performance on the pitch though. So the investment in infrastructure is just a way of generating extra £ to invest back in the team, no?

What has gone on this week including the threat of Government action will have scared away any potential buyers. Therefore ENIC will not go. Levy is the only important Exec and whatever you think of him I would not want an inexperienced fan replacing him. I do not believe we were the main instigator of the project but just decided better in than out. I oppose any Government action as any legistration will undoubtedly backfire in the same way that VAR was a good idea but we all dispair at it's implementation.
I am not against Levy resigning but a proper experienced CEO must replace him and not some fan.
Now let's concentrate on our slim chance of winning Sunday and leave this until Monday.

TBH, the Trust are full of Jackie Weaver types: if they weren't football fans, they'd be on parish councils pushing issues no one cares about, or on school boards interfering in everything.

Busybodies and extras in life.

Well, well, well.
Close to 10 years I have been calling for the removal of this cancer from our club.
The amount of abuse I have received for holding this view point.
The amount of abuse Joan Thomas has received.
The boards actions over the past week validate everything we have said.
Thrilled to say I, and others on this forum have been correct.
Open to apologies.
More open to a collective movement against the ENIC/Levy cancer.

It's like gnats biting the legs of giants - The Trust are just a bunch of nerds with time to spare - sure they make some good points and keep a dialogue going but it's all just noise.

The reality is ENIC purchased THFC for 60m and twenty years latter under the chairmanship of Levy that investment is now worth 2 billion ... the mid-table going nowhere club they bought is now recognised as part of Europe's elite ...

Now you can call them cunts, greedy, uncaring and anything else, but if you ignore your personal feelings and just look at the facts, they have been incredibly successful both for themselves and for our club.

Dragged our club into the gutter? a cancer to be removed? that's just ignorance and envy talking.

Their failing is not creating a structure to succeed even more on the pitch, and I say even more because when they took over in the previous decade we averaged 12th now we average 5th .... to even the most cynical that's an improvement ... but is it good enough?

With the training ground, stadium, and after Covid the finances in place, no it won't be good enough we need to push on for top 4 or higher ... but to call it cancer, failure, or even pretend that our name has been tarnished from where we were under Sugar ... how short some of your memories must be.

Back
Top Bottom