The Trust have called for the board to resign.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The unwillingness of the governing bodies of the sport (the FA, EPL, UEFA, FIFA, etc) to act collectively and to show some spine against the tiny handful of top clubs is very inexplicable to me.

We've seen how totally unworkable an ESL is. So why does UEFA always give these clubs more and more in response to that toothless threat?
Oh, I meant actual government. Not bodies of the sport. A total revamp.

The footballing bodies (FIFA, FA, UEFA, ect) are just a bunch of corrupted tossers who are in it for the fancy positions and free meals.

Government intervention in some form is the only way as I see it.
This is hyper capitalism in its purest form, and a public regulation is the only way to stop it.
Be careful what you wish for. Government action will be a disaster. It will not be what fans want but what they want. Look at what has happened with the Villa match. Government wanted all matches on TV and so tV staggered the times but now the fans are allowed in and we get 6pm on a Wednesday night. That is the sort of crap you will get with Government interference. Government will possibly decide they want matches free on BBC but they will not pay the high fees Sky do and the clubs will get less money. I would rather football sort themselves out.

Government will possibly decide they want matches free on BBC but they will not pay the high fees Sky do and the clubs will get less money. I would rather football sort themselves out.
That's part of the big problem. Ridiculous amounts of telly money and astronomical player wages. It's unsustainable and a race towards bankruptcy. That's why this Super League was proposed all along.

Government intervention in some form is the only way as I see it.
This is hyper capitalism in its purest form, and a public regulation is the only way to stop it.
What right do the public have to stop it?
Football is a funny thing. Fans care and obsess so much they think they have a right to control the club.
Half of them can barely spell their own 1 syllable name, much less run a billion dollar business.

What right do the public have to stop it?
Football is a funny thing. Fans care and obsess so much they think they have a right to control the club.
Half of them can barely spell their own 1 syllable name, much less run a billion dollar business.
To be fair it's not as if the financial fair play system has ever worked what so ever. Look at PSG and Man City.

This should be something that UEFA should be handling from the top, but that's never going to happen. They just want their fair share.

That's part of the big problem. Ridiculous amounts of telly money and astronomical player wages. It's unsustainable and a race towards bankruptcy. That's why this Super League was proposed all along.
I am no supporter of the Super league but Government action will just be a disaster. Whilst it is impossible to know now what they would do, there will be legistration the fans would not like. One example is I used to pay for Sky subscription to get all televised matches. Government wanted more competition. Now you need to subscribe to Sky, BT & Amazon to get them. The subscription price has not reduced as it is just more expensive.
Let the PL take action and not the Government.

I am no supporter of the Super league but Government action will just be a disaster. Whilst it is impossible to know now what they would do, there will be legistration the fans would not like. One example is I used to pay for Sky subscription to get all televised matches. Government wanted more competition. Now you need to subscribe to Sky, BT & Amazon to get them. The subscription price has not reduced as it is just more expensive.
Let the PL take action and not the Government.
The problem is football has proven that it cannot self regulate. The fact is there is too much greed and corruption in football and I do not know who needs to review and regulate, the current government would be a disaster they are full of there own greed and corruption.

The problem is football has proven that it cannot self regulate. The fact is there is too much greed and corruption in football and I do not know who needs to review and regulate, the current government would be a disaster they are full of there own greed and corruption.
That's the wrong way around - football has proven itself superb at self regulating, changing almost everything within the game to create a multi-billion pound industry - the problem is that self regulation is not designed around the fans but around the business.

We are the poster child - run by a board that has increased our value from 60m to 1.5billion making all those involved - owners, mangers, players - massively more wealthy ... despite what some on here seem to believe it is a prime example of how to run a successful growth business.

The issue is that (despite a world class stadium) the fans feel less and less part of the club and more and more like over-paying customers. Can government regulation fix that? how?

To be fair it's not as if the financial fair play system has ever worked what so ever. Look at PSG and Man City.

This should be something that UEFA should be handling from the top, but that's never going to happen. They just want their fair share.
For me, if 1 team can prove another team is nowhere near meeting FFP, then it should be done away with entirely. There's no way some teams should be compliant and others not

TBH, it should have been canned the minute City got away with clear and obvious financial fixing.

For me, if 1 team can prove another team is nowhere near meeting FFP, then it should be done away with entirely. There's no way some teams should be compliant and others not

TBH, it should have been canned the minute City got away with clear and obvious financial fixing.
Do not forget all the money laundering that goes through Chelsea's books apparently they have earned 700 million from transfers and their commercial deals are insane there has to be something dodgy going on behind the scenes with them because Chelsea are not worth the same if not more than Liverpool commercially.

That's the wrong way around - football has proven itself superb at self regulating, changing almost everything within the game to create a multi-billion pound industry - the problem is that self regulation is not designed around the fans but around the business.

We are the poster child - run by a board that has increased our value from 60m to 1.5billion making all those involved - owners, mangers, players - massively more wealthy ... despite what some on here seem to believe it is a prime example of how to run a successful growth business.

The issue is that (despite a world class stadium) the fans feel less and less part of the club and more and more like over-paying customers. Can government regulation fix that? how?
The government should've stepped in when the Premier League began. They should've known eventually it would come to this

Last edited:
Oh what a glorious trainwreck that will be.

Their response to the club announcing fan representation came off as super petty.

But Tottenham's statement came across as insincere and very petty also, and totally at odds with all the other clubs statements who seemed apologetic, and were timely and will work with their supporters rather than try and form another method to control them.

Tit for tat response from the Trust doesn't help, but I am certainly on their side in this stand off, and they have the backing of FSA and DCMS in the government.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom