The Trust have called for the board to resign.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I suspect a major driver for Spurs to join is that we missed out on the start of PL due to a previous Chairman almost bancrupting us.

So Spurs at start of PL era started in a very weak position, with a smallish weak squad where the annual target was to beat the drop (relegation). Our average position was about 14th with staying in PL usually only achieved n April.

So with Real Madrid driving a new league and other big clubs joining it the question was whether to join that group or not.

Had we NOT joined and European Superleague happened (replacing CL - NOT PL) I can imagine a similar thread castigating Levy for not joining.
Between a rock and a hard place really.

If it went ahead without us we'd have been envious of the teams with permanent places.

Best scenario would have been if it had never been proposed at all. Such a horrible idea specifically designed to abandon the fans and court overseas cash.

It's like gnats biting the legs of giants - The Trust are just a bunch of nerds with time to spare - sure they make some good points and keep a dialogue going but it's all just noise.

The reality is ENIC purchased THFC for 60m and twenty years latter under the chairmanship of Levy that investment is now worth 2 billion ... the mid-table going nowhere club they bought is now recognised as part of Europe's elite ...

Now you can call them cunts, greedy, uncaring and anything else, but if you ignore your personal feelings and just look at the facts, they have been incredibly successful both for themselves and for our club.

Dragged our club into the gutter? a cancer to be removed? that's just ignorance and envy talking.

Their failing is not creating a structure to succeed even more on the pitch, and I say even more because when they took over in the previous decade we averaged 12th now we average 5th .... to even the most cynical that's an improvement ... but is it good enough?

With the training ground, stadium, and after Covid the finances in place, no it won't be good enough we need to push on for top 4 or higher ... but to call it cancer, failure, or even pretend that our name has been tarnished from where we were under Sugar ... how short some of your memories must be.
Not sure where you get the £2 billion valuation from especially if you include the Stadium debt

What did he do wrong? He was offered a spot in the EFL and he took it, should he have turned it down?

Sure it was a pile of shit anti-football bunch of crooks scheme, but no way as CEO of a multi-million pound business could he turn that down.

Just imagine it had worked and that Levy turned it down and West Ham took the spot ... when 10,000 people associated with football, restaurants, pubs and hospitality in Tottenham were out of work as the club dropped out of sight on the big stage and crowds dropped to a few thousand ... you'd be screaming that the bald bastard had screwed us over then as well ...

The EFL was a steaming pile, but accepting a place in it was his only realistic option.

Sure he has been made to look an utter cunt, but that doesn't make his decision wrong.
It was a gamble that didn't work out. Any team in this country who says they wouldn't have taken up the invitation are lying. Not that it makes the ESL concept right, it's wrong at every level.

Yes the same Martin Cloake that benefited financially from writing a book on our failure to win the Champions league.
All of the trust are in it for the benefit for themselves
That was my first experience of joining in with anything to do with The Trust, and know nothing about the board members. They may be in it to benefit themselves, but they appear sincere to me. A bit up themselves but they put in the hours and at least they are a bit more democratic than the football club.

It's no joke

What the hell does infrastructure actually mean to fans

A greater chance of a successful team

It wasn't pure coincidence that at the point where we improved our training ground we got a steady stream of youth team players coming through

When we had shit facilities in the 90's we had virtually none

It won’t happen but I agree with their position. It’s good for them to make the fan position clear that the behaviour is not acceptable, no branding under the carpet. Levy is in the dog house and he has earned it.

It was a gamble that didn't work out. Any team in this country who says they wouldn't have taken up the invitation are lying. Not that it makes the ESL concept right, it's wrong at every level.

Agreed

Worth recalling that success in any walk of life is getting the majority of 'big decisions' right.

And by implication, it means a few bad decisions along the way. But effect of correct big decisions along te way outweigh the bad.

True of all the best leaders

And for someone whose goal in mid 90's was to stay up - yet now we are back to being one of big 4/5/6 clubs in England shows overall Levey's done ok - back 20 years and we wre envious of success of likes of Aston Vila and Leeds !

A greater chance of a successful team

It wasn't pure coincidence that at the point where we improved our training ground we got a steady stream of youth team players coming through

When we had shit facilities in the 90's we had virtually none
How many great players have come through our youth system in the last 20 years

Kane
King

That's it

And more chance of a successful team ? We've won 2 league cups in 22 years

Forgive me if I don't crow about our world class facilities

What have they done right besides money?

Deloitte Money League in order with Trophies lifted this Century (Including domestic Charity Shields etc. since 99/00)

Barcelona 35
Real Madrid 30
Bayern Munich 44
Manchester United 25
Liverpool 15
Manchester City 14
Paris Saint German 30
Chelsea 20
Tottenham 1
Juventus 22 (23 including winning Serie B)
Woolwich 16 (7 Charity Shields)
Borussia Dortmund 8
Atletico Madrid 9
Inter Milan 15
Zenit St. Petersburg 17
Schalke 5
Everton 0
Lyon 17
Napoli 4
Eintract Frankfurt 1
Well Eintract Frankfurt arent better than us at least.

Woolwich are in the bottom half now. Does that make them a small club?

Man City were in the third tier not so long ago.

Man Utd were in the second division just a couple of decades before.

Every club will go through a period of performing below their station. That's football. It doesn't make that club a small club.

Before ENIC, Spurs were widely recognised as one of the BIG 5

I'll never understand this small club mentality that some of our own fans use to try and deflect away criticism of the owners. Why do you refuse to acknowledge our rich and illustrious heritage.

I think a lot of people are missing the point with Levy out stuff. Obviously we need a new owner who can and is willing to pay ENIC's price. Obviously the corporate structure of Tottenham is a bit complicated with assets owned by various entities. But, it is also about putting pressure on Levy in general; Making him feel uncomfortable, making him think twice about pulling this shit again.
The trust are right, strike while the iron is hot to implement real change in Tottenham and the wider game. They know the board including Levy are unlikely to resign.

Last edited:
The thing that pisses me off is they never call them out on the biggest problem - poor recruitment.

Yes there’s always “lack of recruitment” cited but our biggest problem is actually the quality of recruitment.

If we had Leicester’s recruitment team + our added transfer funds and European status we would of won the league seasons ago.

GET HITCHEN OUT.

Force levy to commit to a bigger transfer budget this summer. I don’t care as much about ENIC leaving if they can do those things. There is no guarantee that our new owner won’t just be a kronke/glazer like character anyway.

Top 500 of what? Fortune 500? How many of those companies have a turnover of half a billion? 😂

he doesn’t have a handful of shares, he owns c.20% that he didn’t buy himself
You're all over the map

A 4m CEO salary for a 500m turnover company is not unusual ...

Owning shares has nothing to do with salary ... I own 100% of my company still pay myself a salary.

It was a reaction to your "he was offered a spot" comment ... he wasn't offered a spot, he helped design the thing.

The conspiracy probably goes back at least as far as our "special relationship" with Real Madrid. Presumably this is part of it.
That's new information ... where did you get that from? please share any links.

Back
Top Bottom