The Trust have called for the board to resign.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's like gnats biting the legs of giants - The Trust are just a bunch of nerds with time to spare - sure they make some good points and keep a dialogue going but it's all just noise.

The reality is ENIC purchased THFC for 60m and twenty years latter under the chairmanship of Levy that investment is now worth 2 billion ... the mid-table going nowhere club they bought is now recognised as part of Europe's elite ...

Now you can call them cunts, greedy, uncaring and anything else, but if you ignore your personal feelings and just look at the facts, they have been incredibly successful both for themselves and for our club.

Dragged our club into the gutter? a cancer to be removed? that's just ignorance and envy talking.

Their failing is not creating a structure to succeed even more on the pitch, and I say even more because when they took over in the previous decade we averaged 12th now we average 5th .... to even the most cynical that's an improvement ... but is it good enough?

With the training ground, stadium, and after Covid the finances in place, no it won't be good enough we need to push on for top 4 or higher ... but to call it cancer, failure, or even pretend that our name has been tarnished from where we were under Sugar ... how short some of your memories must be.

If recognised by the "elite" means being invited into the ESL, then no it's not because of the team, but rather the fuck off huge stadium bang in the middle of London, one of the worlds tourism experience hotspots.

Perfect for staging never ending stage performances of dramas between the same old teams month after months.

Oh. Hold on. Wait. Didn't I just accuse ENIC of doing just that, using the FC to finance their corporate ambitions into general sports entertainment experiences ?

:mourbringit:

Now, I never ...

It doesn't matter if they are taking cash.

The FC generates both liquidity, turnover and interest rating.

All of which can be operationalised into taking strides forward.

We aren't. Once in a while we sign a Sissoko, but that's it.

There is absolutely no ambitions from the football, apart from facilitating the money train participation.

As if we needed further proof, the club was amongst the last to withdraw from ESL and haven¨t interacted at all with the fan community about it.

I see no hope for us, unless ENIC sells by choice.

There has been demo's outside Chelsea and Liverpool, and the Utd fans even occupied the training ground. We're doing nothing. We have accepted ENIC.
The collective swing from all fans might see change across the board at all clubs

If recognised by the "elite" means being invited into the ESL, then no it's not because of the team, but rather the fuck off huge stadium bang in the middle of London, one of the worlds tourism experience hotspots.

Perfect for staging never ending stage performances of dramas between the same old teams month after months.

Oh. Hold on. Wait. Didn't I just accuse ENIC of doing just that, using the FC to finance their corporate ambitions into general sports entertainment experiences ?

:mourbringit:

Now, I never ...

Is that a bad thing? using other people's money to support the FC ... are you against that?

Is that a bad thing? using other people's money to support the FC ... are you against that?

Depends what is being sold to support the football club.

From my standpoint they were selling the traditions of organized Football.
They were basically selling a soul they didn't own.

One of the Sky guys said that Levy is the worst of the six owners/chairmen, as being English he should have known better, he should have known this would never have been allowed or accepted.

One of the Sky guys said that Levy is the worst of the six owners/chairmen, as being English he should have known better, he should have known this would never have been allowed or accepted.
Those Sky guys have heard of Levy before, right?😂😂

Think there's a split topic here ....

As far as the billion dollar mega-stadium goes - let's fill it with NFL, rugby, concerts, flower arranging for all I care ... if that can generate 200m more revenue for the FC then have at it.

Your point on 'selling a soul' is I suspect different to maximising stadium revenue, Levy probably did know that the ESL was a terrible idea and a complete long-shot, whatever you think of him he's certainly not a fool. That said even if he thought the ESL only had a 10% chance of success could he, or any other chairman, gamble the future of THFC by not joining?

No question it was a mistake, but it was one that any CEO would have made, to get dogs abuse for doing it is acceptable, to go bankrupt for not doing it is something else entirely.

Maybe he does have to sell, clearly a large section of the fan base thinks so, but as pointed out elsewhere the Woolwich fan base have been split for years over Kroenke and he's still there ... getting an owner to sell a business he no doubt thinks is on the verge of success? that's going to take billions, and probably billions from an owner who is even more undesirable than Joe, be careful what you wish for.

I wonder if anyone would have supported Levy if he had told the Super League to piss off and it went ahead without us. That was the danger a few years ago as we were no where near good enough to be accepted.

I wonder if anyone would have supported Levy if he had told the Super League to piss off and it went ahead without us. That was the danger a few years ago as we were no where near good enough to be accepted.

People who have no analytical skills and get high on being self righteous represent a sizeable enough percentage of the population that you will never hear the voices of those who make decisions rationally and with zero consideration for sunk costs and history we can’t get back or do again

Our owners are business people who have a better track record of making decisions than those spouting on here about romantic notions of history and bygones and made up tales of when Spurs was a “community” club and can’t deal with the opportunities presented by our expanding profile

They’re what some may call “small minded”

People who have no analytical skills and get high on being self righteous represent a sizeable enough percentage of the population that you will never hear the voices of those who make decisions rationally and with zero consideration for sunk costs and history we can’t get back or do again

Our owners are business people who have a better track record of making decisions than those spouting on here about romantic notions of history and bygones and made up tales of when Spurs was a “community” club and can’t deal with the opportunities presented by our expanding profile

They’re what some may call “small minded”
That depends on how you look at it, which is the case I've always made. I don't think you need half a brain to look at the business side of Tottenham Hotspur and recognize what ENIC has done for the club is incredible, and again, I think it's stupid for people to argue that ENIC have not been beneficial for the "brand" and Levy has done an incredible job in playing catch up with other brand name teams. A state of the art stadium that was built more as a entertainment complex means that between entertainment and the NFL series, we're pretty set. Tottenham will never be a Leeds or a Rangers. Now, as someone who appreciates good business, I understand what ENIC are doing and what they are looking to achieve. Profits. Maximized profits. And none of us on here can blame a business for wanting to make money. In a business sense, and on paper (and I mean purely on paper) because of Covid and the stadium ENIC isn't in a position to say no.

What's frustrating is that we've watched other clubs build brands (PSGxJordan), make profit, and use it to reinvest in the football teams in order to improve them and go on to build teams (LFC) who can go on to challenge the next year while they have a squad in that "5 year window".
On top of that, we're all aware of the players (and possibly a manager) who have left Tottenham and won trophies.

The footballing business of ENIC is where we constantly fail. Levy's constant indecision while sitting in his ivory tower and thinking too much about the business aspect is our biggest downfall. Just look at our club in the last week.

Instead of going out and finding a manager who is proven and available, he has decided that it is in the best interest of business, not football, that he uses a sacrificial scapegoat (Ryan Mason) to appeal to the fans humane side to keep us quiet. So now, instead of a season which most of us have written off, we're going to be behind another 3-4 months behind in terms of letting a manager adapt.
(Chelsea wanted Nagelsmann after Lampard but didn't want to wait and appointed Tuchel instead)
same goes for signing players. Bringing a new player in the end of the transfer window means that the focus is already on the games ahead, not introducing and building the squad allowing for the manager to work out what the best formation, starting 11 will be. And on top of that, and I'm sure to no one's surprise, Levy gets himself involved in the squad based on transfer prices, not footballing ability.

That depends on how you look at it, which is the case I've always made. I don't think you need half a brain to look at the business side of Tottenham Hotspur and recognize what ENIC has done for the club is incredible, and again, I think it's stupid for people to argue that ENIC have not been beneficial for the "brand" and Levy has done an incredible job in playing catch up with other brand name teams. A state of the art stadium that was built more as a entertainment complex means that between entertainment and the NFL series, we're pretty set. Tottenham will never be a Leeds or a Rangers. Now, as someone who appreciates good business, I understand what ENIC are doing and what they are looking to achieve. Profits. Maximized profits. And none of us on here can blame a business for wanting to make money. In a business sense, and on paper (and I mean purely on paper) because of Covid and the stadium ENIC isn't in a position to say no.

What's frustrating is that we've watched other clubs build brands (PSGxJordan), make profit, and use it to reinvest in the football teams in order to improve them and go on to build teams (LFC) who can go on to challenge the next year while they have a squad in that "5 year window".
On top of that, we're all aware of the players (and possibly a manager) who have left Tottenham and won trophies.

The footballing business of ENIC is where we constantly fail. Levy's constant indecision while sitting in his ivory tower and thinking too much about the business aspect is our biggest downfall. Just look at our club in the last week.

Instead of going out and finding a manager who is proven and available, he has decided that it is in the best interest of business, not football, that he uses a sacrificial scapegoat (Ryan Mason) to appeal to the fans humane side to keep us quiet. So now, instead of a season which most of us have written off, we're going to be behind another 3-4 months behind in terms of letting a manager adapt.
(Chelsea wanted Nagelsmann after Lampard but didn't want to wait and appointed Tuchel instead)
same goes for signing players. Bringing a new player in the end of the transfer window means that the focus is already on the games ahead, not introducing and building the squad allowing for the manager to work out what the best formation, starting 11 will be. And on top of that, and I'm sure to no one's surprise, Levy gets himself involved in the squad based on transfer prices, not footballing ability.
Good post but transfer prices and footballing ability go hand in hand imho. He won’t let managers sell or move on dele winks aurier sissoko sanches moura lamela cause he won’t get proper value on them? Let’s not forget the millions that could be saved on wages by offloading this Deadwood at bargain basement prices that could be used elsewhere. just cause 3-4 years ago Dele was scoring 20 goals a seasonsp and talked about in terms of moving to real doesn’t mean Jack when the the kid doesn’t have the passion to put the effort in nowadays.

Players out of favour have to decide if they want to stay and fight for their place or go which in most cases will mean to a lesser team than Spurs and on less money. However if under contract the power is with the player and not Levy. Rose proved that as he was not wanted but rejected any offers.

I honestly don’t think he gives a shit what the fans think about him. Water off a ducks back.
We're not even fans to him. We're member numbers easily replaced by a conveyor belt of new people signing up.

He'd be perfectly happy with 60k tourists waving their half and half scarfs and buying the Caribo Cup Losers merchandise.

He'd be perfectly happy with 60k tourists waving their half and half scarfs and buying the Caribo Cup Losers merchandise.
It's crazy to me how these magnates of football don't realize how loose their grip on the casual overseas fan is, and how sanding off the local and the traditional elements and aesthetics of the game appeals to them LESS, not more.

This is the NASCAR craze in the US all over again. Sterilize the sport in pursuit of a casual audience while alienating the hardcore, and when the casual national audience gets bored with it you're left with nothing.

Back
Top Bottom