The Trust have called for the board to resign.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's crazy to me how these magnates of football don't realize how loose their grip on the casual overseas fan is, and how sanding off the local and the traditional elements and aesthetics of the game appeals to them LESS, not more.

This is the NASCAR craze in the US all over again. Sterilize the sport in pursuit of a casual audience while alienating the hardcore, and when the casual national audience gets bored with it you're left with nothing.
I do not get the idea of trying to attract the casuals. I originally supported Detroit Lions in the NFL and just gave up supporting any team because I felt no attachment to the club.

I do not get the idea of trying to attract the casuals. I originally supported Detroit Lions in the NFL and just gave up supporting any team because I felt no attachment to the club.
There's lots of money to be made selling shirts and TV rights and the odd tourist ticket to people abroad, no shame in any of that.

But to think of that audience as your core demographic, and to think about managing the product with them in mind is totally self-defeating. English football is exotic to foreigners, that is central to the appeal. The more you embrace what makes it weird and at times illogical, the more you are delivering something that differentiates itself from something like the NFL or NBA or whatever.

I think the idea to attract the casuals comes from an inability to understand why people are fans in the first place. They think it's about big names, hype, and manufactured drama. It isn't, but they don't get that, and can't.

The idea to attract the "casuals" (which is a BS term to begin with) is that there is way more money in that group.

This is what I hope that we can get from this.

Getting the entire board sacked seems a bit unrealistic. But having a position for the Trust or another fan organisation on the board should be doable.
Agree with the idea of some sort of mechanism whereby the Club is answerable to the fanbase but (as was pointed out by THST in the meeting ) if a fan were to be elected onto the board they would firstly have a fiduciary duty to act in the interests of the shareholders above all others and failure to do could risk financial ruin to the individual even if limited liability exists. Add to that the probability of being effectively 'gagged' on certain matters in line with what is laid out in the articles of association I wouldn't envy the role of any fan prepared to take up the position without running the risk of being called a 'turncoat' in a relatively short space of time.

Secret footage of the Board's response:
Arrested Development No GIF

Today from The Trust.

THST Statement: How we change our Club for the better

26/04/2021

Events of the last week have demonstrated beyond doubt that there must be change at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. The actions of the current Executive Board have inflicted substantial reputational damage on our Club as a result of their involvement in the discredited European Super League, risking damaging consequences. And despite the many achievements off the pitch, the failings on it are all too clear.

We know there is growing supporter anger with the current Club Board and Owners. We understand that. We need to focus that anger.

Supporters showed what can be achieved when we stopped the European Super League plans in their tracks. And we thank everyone who has spoken up. This was a victory achieved by fans showing they were not prepared to let our game be further ruined by greed. Now we need to put forward positive solutions that deliver real change. We have an opportunity to reshape our Club and place fans, and football, front and centre.

We can achieve change if we put forward positive solutions that can gain the backing of the largest number of supporters.

Last Friday, our biggest-ever members' meeting called for the Executive Board of THFC to resign and for the Club’s owners to work with us to create a new board structure that better connects to our principles and priorities, better reflects the diversity of our fan base, and that would prevent a repeat of the ESL debacle from ever shaming our Club again.

We understand the calls for “ENIC Out”. But simply calling for the Board and Owners to resign or sell without influencing what comes next achieves very little in the long term. THST has said for many years that the law must be changed to give fans more power in how our clubs are run. Now the UK government has launched a review to do just that. We are working closely with them to develop a model that will deliver this across the game, and we are drawing up practical measures that can be implemented at our Club.

Our offer to the current THFC owners to work together on this remains open. We know there are many good people within the Club who would welcome the chance to work on solutions. And we know a Club such as ours will be an attractive proposition for prospective owners who recognise the benefits of working with and harnessing the power of our supporters.

The anticipated return of up to 10,000 fans to our stadium in May for the last Premier League home game of the campaign against Aston Villa gives us an opportunity to make our feelings clear. We need to do so in a positive and unified way that gets us the greatest possible support, and stays within COVID regulations under Step 3 of the government’s roadmap out of lockdown. We will announce further plans via this website and on our social media channels.

Change is coming and collectively we can positively influence that change. The last week has shown how much power fans coming together with one voice can have. We intend to use that voice to affect lasting change at THFC.

THST Board
27 April 2021

Paul Smith is a wanker. Used to sit about 5 seats from him in the Paxton.

Would always criticise certain players (Jenas) while sucking off others (Keane).

Should follow Sissoko and Aurier out of the door.

It's like gnats biting the legs of giants - The Trust are just a bunch of nerds with time to spare - sure they make some good points and keep a dialogue going but it's all just noise.

The reality is ENIC purchased THFC for 60m and twenty years latter under the chairmanship of Levy that investment is now worth 2 billion ... the mid-table going nowhere club they bought is now recognised as part of Europe's elite ...

Now you can call them cunts, greedy, uncaring and anything else, but if you ignore your personal feelings and just look at the facts, they have been incredibly successful both for themselves and for our club.

Dragged our club into the gutter? a cancer to be removed? that's just ignorance and envy talking.

Their failing is not creating a structure to succeed even more on the pitch, and I say even more because when they took over in the previous decade we averaged 12th now we average 5th .... to even the most cynical that's an improvement ... but is it good enough?

With the training ground, stadium, and after Covid the finances in place, no it won't be good enough we need to push on for top 4 or higher ... but to call it cancer, failure, or even pretend that our name has been tarnished from where we were under Sugar ... how short some of your memories must be.

I think I speak for the majority of this forum when I say, how about you fuck off, you boring cunt.

Nobody likes you, and nobody respects you. Delete yourself.

They are literally doing the opposite thing.

Using the FC's operational turnover to service the debt on the infrastructure.

Are you a bit confused? the infrastructure all belongs to the FC (EIL) ... it's not that hard a premise to understand, the FC uses the stadium 25% of the time so build a stadium you can utilise the other 75% to add revenue to the FC.

Concerts, NFL, Boxing, whatever all helps pay the debt FOR the FC ... :wall: :wall: :wall:

Paul Smith is a wanker. Used to sit about 5 seats from him in the Paxton.

Would always criticise certain players (Jenas) while sucking off others (Keane).

Should follow Sissoko and Aurier out of the door.

Why are you talking about Paul Smith here? Do you mean the owner of Spurs Odyssey? Firstly, I don't think he is involved with the Trust at the moment and secondly, he is a passionate fan who has followed Spurs home and away for years. He has made a forum for fellow fans. I have know him for years and he is a good fellow - I can certainly vouch for him and through my experiences with him he has been a nice and certainly not a wanker.

Last edited:
Wha are talking about Paul Smith here? Do you mean the owner of Spurs Odyssey? Firstly, I don't think he is involved with the Trust at the moment and secondly, he is a passionate fan who has followed Spurs home and away for years. He has made a forum for fellow fans. I have know him for years and he is a good fellow - I can certainly vouch for him and he is not a wanker.
Paul Smith from Spurs Od is a complete wanker IMO.

Today from The Trust.

THST Statement: How we change our Club for the better

26/04/2021

Events of the last week have demonstrated beyond doubt that there must be change at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. The actions of the current Executive Board have inflicted substantial reputational damage on our Club as a result of their involvement in the discredited European Super League, risking damaging consequences. And despite the many achievements off the pitch, the failings on it are all too clear.

We know there is growing supporter anger with the current Club Board and Owners. We understand that. We need to focus that anger.

Supporters showed what can be achieved when we stopped the European Super League plans in their tracks. And we thank everyone who has spoken up. This was a victory achieved by fans showing they were not prepared to let our game be further ruined by greed. Now we need to put forward positive solutions that deliver real change. We have an opportunity to reshape our Club and place fans, and football, front and centre.

We can achieve change if we put forward positive solutions that can gain the backing of the largest number of supporters.

Last Friday, our biggest-ever members' meeting called for the Executive Board of THFC to resign and for the Club’s owners to work with us to create a new board structure that better connects to our principles and priorities, better reflects the diversity of our fan base, and that would prevent a repeat of the ESL debacle from ever shaming our Club again.

We understand the calls for “ENIC Out”. But simply calling for the Board and Owners to resign or sell without influencing what comes next achieves very little in the long term. THST has said for many years that the law must be changed to give fans more power in how our clubs are run. Now the UK government has launched a review to do just that. We are working closely with them to develop a model that will deliver this across the game, and we are drawing up practical measures that can be implemented at our Club.

Our offer to the current THFC owners to work together on this remains open. We know there are many good people within the Club who would welcome the chance to work on solutions. And we know a Club such as ours will be an attractive proposition for prospective owners who recognise the benefits of working with and harnessing the power of our supporters.

The anticipated return of up to 10,000 fans to our stadium in May for the last Premier League home game of the campaign against Aston Villa gives us an opportunity to make our feelings clear. We need to do so in a positive and unified way that gets us the greatest possible support, and stays within COVID regulations under Step 3 of the government’s roadmap out of lockdown. We will announce further plans via this website and on our social media channels.

Change is coming and collectively we can positively influence that change. The last week has shown how much power fans coming together with one voice can have. We intend to use that voice to affect lasting change at THFC.

THST Board
27 April 2021
Wow, are they so naive as to actually believe this?

Nothing will change from here, fans have achieved the goals of the incumbent power brokers, the rebel uprising has been quashed and the current status quo preserved.

Fifa can continue to pocket the millions they siphon off of the talents of others, club owners can continue raking in the all important tv money, pundits can continue offering inane commentary and sub standard tactical analysis for the all important Sky dollar, players can trouser upwards of £100k per week, often without having to raise their carcass from the subs bench! And the common man can rejoice at having saved the 'beautiful' game, where once in a while, and only due to a global crisis, he take in the delights of Burnley vs Crystal Palace free of charge on the beeb...

Change is absolutely not coming, the 50+1 model will not be imposed on the clubs and the board most likely tolerates the THST as a PR exercise, indulging them to the extent of turning up to answer a few questions once a year and 'working' with them to benefit the fans. Levy and the board don't give a fuck as long as the money is coming in and the moment the trust suggest anyno radical they will be laughed out of the building, and if they kick up a fuss from there they will be cut off.

The only action that would lead Levy to pay any attention would be for fans en masse to stop giving him their money, and even that is debatable, as it could merely be a drop in the ocean compared to the TV money.

This whole fiasco has shown what parasites our owners are

Surely the most ardent Enic supporter can no longer support them or believe they have the best interests of the fans at heart
Primarily its opened everyone's eyes to our lack of ambition, they wanted into the ESL purely for the money and the security of not having to qualify so they could make up the numbers.
Its become crystal clear why the club only has 1 league cup to its name since they've been here.

Back
Top Bottom