Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v WBA : Sunday 12:00pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't have much too say when your mate moony does it tho do you?

Has he posted images of other forum members previously? If so, then I don’t agree with that either.

I can see you’re trying to make a nuisance of yourself and start more cunt offs. I’m not falling for you bait, lad, so don’t even bother. Have a nice day :)

Yes you know he has so stop faking your outrage, you are the worst abuser on here.

Just telling you what you are a fake disingenuous employer of huge double standards and the biggest victim I've ever seen.

Cool. If your opinion meant anything to me, I would be inclined to give a fuck.

Unfortunately for you, it doesn’t.

Please stop trolling, lad. I would hate to have to vote you into the bin for another lengthy period of time (again).

I hope you enjoy a spectacular day xx

Its weird because yet again you are equating a clear cut chance with scoring it or not.
Had we scored the chances you claim we didn’t create in various matches, you would also mark them down as created.

That’s what’s weird.
To be honest, had we missed both chances in the City game, you’d say we created fuck all
no I wouldn't have actually so quit telling me what I would have done and keep lying to prove a point as well.

Cool. If your opinion meant anything to me, I would be inclined to give a fuck.

Unfortunately for you, it doesn’t.

Please stop trolling, lad. I would hate to have to vote you into the bin for another lengthy period of time (again).

I hope you enjoy a spectacular day xx
You too mate and remember posting pictures of posters isn't ok repeatedly threatening posters and their families with horrific levels of violence often sexual a slight faux pas

Laters Mikey wrestler 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You too mate and remember posting pictures of posters isn't ok repeatedly threatening posters and their families with horrific levels of violence often sexual a slight faux pas

Laters Mikey wrestler 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I'm glad you see things my way and accept that posting photos of other members is not ok. You're a bright lad, I knew you would come around.

Laters lovely boy xx I hope you have very exciting plans for the day :) May the sunshine bring you much happiness and merriment.

happiness GIF

Last edited:
We had 3 shots on target v Wolves but apparently we created more v City with 2

(and 9 against 4 shots in total)

Id love to know how you get a shot off without creating a chance to shoot

Narrative Incoming:
All the shots vs Wolves were hopeful 40 yard punts

We had 3 shots on target v Wolves but apparently we created more v City with 2

(and 9 against 4 shots in total)

Id love to know how you get a shot off without creating a chance to shoot

Narrative Incoming:
All the shots vs Wolves were hopeful 40 yard punts
yeh like I and a few have noticed. You simply can't differentiate between very good chances and shots on goal. You consider them the same so there's no point continuing this but.all I ask in future is try not to lie and twist the truth in debates.

Reflections on yesterday.....

- I thought it was possibly our best performance of the season, certainly up there with Newcastle for me.

- Opposition has to be factored in of course, but we controlled the ball and more importantly the territory. There seemed to be a more concerted effort to maintain a higher line and win the ball back in the opposition half. This resulted in a lot of aimless hoofs from WBA (sound familiar) that were easy to deal with.

- The MF trio worked a treat. There might well be a time for a Hojbjerg-Sissoko axis but against bottom half teams isn’t it.

- We had 3 MF’s that willingly showed for the ball, and can take it under pressure and transition defence from attack. WBA didn’t press us hard, but we were better equipped when they did. Having Tanguy deep to take the ball and ghost past a player, and Lamela always a willing outlet playing in between the lines is a huge difference to our normal setup.

- Lamela is an exceptional presser. He made a big impact on that side.

- It was nice to see Kane playing further up the pitch. Again, I think our domination of territory contributed towards that. He didn’t need to come too deep to get on the ball and could trust the MF trio to give him the necessary supply line.

- Might sound odd considering they both scored, but I didn’t feel like our attack was so reliant on Kane and Son to do everything. It felt like a team ambition to drive forward and create chances.

- Really feel like we need to integrate Vinicius more than we have so far. He should have gotten 25 mins here. Kane’s injury record suggests we’ll need him again this season, it’d be nice if he had a chance to shake the rust off before then.

Be interesting to see how we approach the Everton game. Forget the result, the performance should have given the players (and the manager) a degree of confidence about what we’re capable of when the hand brake is off.....

Another big week. COYS

yeh like I and a few have noticed. You simply can't differentiate between very good chances and shots on goal. You consider them the same so there's no point continuing this but.all I ask in future is try not to lie and twist the truth in debates.
This is so hilarious it hurts

I’m the one telling you that to get a shot on target off you have to have created something

NOT that every shot is a clear cut chance

Your narrative seems to be a mixture of several things:
1) that you can have shots on target without creating a shot on target

2) that having 4 shots in 90 minutes is creating more than having 9 shots in 90 minutes

3) that missing/scoring a chance is what determines whether that chance was created at all

4) that creating a chance doesn’t count if it’s not a one on one

Again. You don’t have to create CLEAR CUT chances to create a goal scoring chance.

And even when we do, you dismiss it.
You have claimed that Sons header wasn’t a clear cut chance CREATED due to the fact it might have been ruled out by VAR.

So basically, we didn’t create that chance, but if Son was 3mm further back, then we did create that chance

Haha

This is so hilarious it hurts

I’m the one telling you that to get a shot on target off you have to have created something

NOT that every shot is a clear cut chance

Your narrative seems to be a mixture of several things:
1) that you can have shots on target without creating a shot on target

2) that having 4 shots in 90 minutes is creating more than having 9 shots in 90 minutes

3) that missing/scoring a chance is what determines whether that chance was created at all

4) that creating a chance doesn’t count if it’s not a one on one

Again. You don’t have to create CLEAR CUT chances to create a goal scoring chance.

And even when we do, you dismiss it.
You have claimed that Sons header wasn’t a clear cut chance CREATED due to the fact it might have been ruled out by VAR.

So basically, we didn’t create that chance, but if Son was 3mm further back, then we did create that chance

Haha
You guys are having an interesting discussion (genuinely).
For example if someone is set through 1v1 then leaves the ball behind or takes a crazy touch and squanders possession there's been no shot. Yet it would be insane to suggest it wasn't a goal scoring chance.
As you werr

And to add, Auriers header wasn’t a clear cut chance yesterday, neither was Lamelas chip just over the bar, or Kane’s saved effort

Does that mean we didn’t create three opportunities to score?

Jesus Christ

Back
Top Bottom