Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v WBA : Sunday 12:00pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So...did we win today? Cracking thread guys

:mourfacepalm:
Some people would bitch if you hung 'em with a brand new rope.

Gerard Ekdom Cowboy GIF by NPO Radio 2

Idk what I want from that City game tbh.

If we lose I'd like to see us be at least either defensively solid or trying to be adventurous

I expect a park the bus and it'll be a question of how long we can go before someone makes a mistake.
A decent performance would be nice. We put in one against Liverpool at Anfield and nearly got a win but somehow still left with no points.

That said, I think City are due to thump us, but then again I thought we were due against Liverpool.

So a dodgy 1-1 draw incoming with a 90'+6' winner from Sterling ruled off by VAR.

Do we think Jose sticks with Sanchez and
Toby after keeping a clean sheet ? I would like to see Tanganga and Rodon given some more minutes in defence

As many have said good to get the 3 points , done decent poccession and created a few chances. However we need to take into account wba basically have us the ball so it was a question of us being able to do something. I’m in the jose our camp but we all want spurs to win every game so let’s take the win and move on but with caveat that it’s only WB who are crap. We still sat off for the last 20 and allowed them to put a few balls in the box which led to goals which were just offside. So not ideal. Also I noticed our passing went to pot towards the end when for the most part we were passing crisply and quickly. Not sure what happened there but it coincided with lamela going off. On to the players I think we need to start being more consistent in the tram selection and formation. The chopping and changing especially at the back can’t be helping. So I’d say go with Toby and Dav, FBs serge and reg when fit. CM as per today and Harry and son up front. So most of the team would be stable. For now stick with lamela and Lucas along side son. Let them build some consistency, movement and understanding. Berg was useless when he came on. If the players drop of them starting swapping in alternatives which will be improved when gio and dele are back. The players need to know any slacking and drop in levels then there is someone who will come in and take their place. We know lamela can’t maintain fitness or performance levels so get as many good games out of him as possible. Main thing is to play on the front foot and press which Érik and Lucas help with.

As many have said good to get the 3 points , done decent poccession and created a few chances. However we need to take into account wba basically have us the ball so it was a question of us being able to do something. I’m in the jose our camp but we all want spurs to win every game so let’s take the win and move on but with caveat that it’s only WB who are crap. We still sat off for the last 20 and allowed them to put a few balls in the box which led to goals which were just offside. So not ideal. Also I noticed our passing went to pot towards the end when for the most part we were passing crisply and quickly. Not sure what happened there but it coincided with lamela going off. On to the players I think we need to start being more consistent in the tram selection and formation. The chopping and changing especially at the back can’t be helping. So I’d say go with Toby and Dav, FBs serge and reg when fit. CM as per today and Harry and son up front. So most of the team would be stable. For now stick with lamela and Lucas along side son. Let them build some consistency, movement and understanding. Berg was useless when he came on. If the players drop of them starting swapping in alternatives which will be improved when gio and dele are back. The players need to know any slacking and drop in levels then there is someone who will come in and take their place. We know lamela can’t maintain fitness or performance levels so get as many good games out of him as possible. Main thing is to play on the front foot and press which Érik and Lucas help with.
If you saw this block of writing, would you read it?

A decent performance would be nice. We put in one against Liverpool at Anfield and nearly got a win but somehow still left with no points.

That said, I think City are due to thump us, but then again I thought we were due against Liverpool.

So a dodgy 1-1 draw incoming with a 90'+6' winner from Sterling ruled off by VAR.
They've won 14 matches on the bounce.

Probably a great time to play them. The Antithesis of Dr Tottenham and Spursy.

1-3 Spurs

It was a typo. Should be ‘team’.

but if you mean more generally. Neither, It’s a joke. Someone suggested a manager was going to park the team bus in front of goal, no analogy, just jibing.

Back
Top Bottom