Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v WBA : Sunday 12:00pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Comedy Central GIF by Broad City
I know you gingers secretly do alright .... pal of mine pulls like 10 men .... reckons the ginge makes him exotic .... I said bollox at best the ladies are curious ..... what ever it’s works was his reply

His nickname is literally a word to mock Jose. What would you’d expect? :mourcry:
Oh come on boys it’s bit of a giggle. He has been affectionately known as Maureen for years. Anyway I took it from more than “Maureen...gives your more”😀.
Back to my post I wasn’t being that critical just saying the sane as many others. Except just pointing out that the front 4 looked good and if we can keep lamela fit we have someone who will help with the higher press. Before his last injury he was playing decent up to December.
Also stated that a little more consistency in selection will probably help as well. This should help build a pattern of play the players feel comfortable with and performances will improve. Bit like 2016/17 the back four and CMs picked themselves hence more consistency in results and performance.

I think that had more to do with WBA than it did with us. You could see in the 2nd half when they started putting even just a little pressure on us we couldn't do anything against them.

I hope that this shows a change in tactics but the 2nd half leaves some concerns and Jose's past of folding anytime there is pressure on us and changing us back to super negative football is also concerning.
EXACTLY !
I noticed this to after we scored the 2nd we sat back and basically did nothing for the rest of the game.
Many fans chose to ignore this but those were the warning signs for me.

We need to see this not happen.

EXACTLY !
I noticed this to after we scored the 2nd we sat back and basically did nothing for the rest of the game.
Many fans chose to ignore this but those were the warning signs for me.

We need to see this not happen.

What I am hoping is that we took our foot off the gas more than struggled with pressure being put on us because before that WBA did nothing but sit back and let us do whatever we wanted.

Ok, based on your name, you are the guy to ask. Does tonight throw shade on Belichek?
...it shows that Belichick's mystique was largely dependent on Brady (a la AVB-Bale?), and that Belichick should have paid Brady the $25M/yr he wanted - if the Patriots' mediocrity continues into next season, Belichick will be in the same boat as Mourinho is currently...
COYS

Well it was a decent result no doubt, but its not something to get excited about imo..
This was west brom who are utter crap, but maybe just maybe this could help spur the lads on despite mourinho.

...it shows that Belichick's mystique was largely dependent on Brady (a la AVB-Bale?), and that Belichick should have paid Brady the $25M/yr he wanted - if the Patriots' mediocrity continues into next season, Belichick will be in the same boat as Mourinho is currently...
COYS
Dont think you know much about american football

Reflections on yesterday.....

- I thought it was possibly our best performance of the season, certainly up there with Newcastle for me.

- Opposition has to be factored in of course, but we controlled the ball and more importantly the territory. There seemed to be a more concerted effort to maintain a higher line and win the ball back in the opposition half. This resulted in a lot of aimless hoofs from WBA (sound familiar) that were easy to deal with.

- The MF trio worked a treat. There might well be a time for a Hojbjerg-Sissoko axis but against bottom half teams isn’t it.

- We had 3 MF’s that willingly showed for the ball, and can take it under pressure and transition defence from attack. WBA didn’t press us hard, but we were better equipped when they did. Having Tanguy deep to take the ball and ghost past a player, and Lamela always a willing outlet playing in between the lines is a huge difference to our normal setup.

- Lamela is an exceptional presser. He made a big impact on that side.

- It was nice to see Kane playing further up the pitch. Again, I think our domination of territory contributed towards that. He didn’t need to come too deep to get on the ball and could trust the MF trio to give him the necessary supply line.

- Might sound odd considering they both scored, but I didn’t feel like our attack was so reliant on Kane and Son to do everything. It felt like a team ambition to drive forward and create chances.

- Really feel like we need to integrate Vinicius more than we have so far. He should have gotten 25 mins here. Kane’s injury record suggests we’ll need him again this season, it’d be nice if he had a chance to shake the rust off before then.

Be interesting to see how we approach the Everton game. Forget the result, the performance should have given the players (and the manager) a degree of confidence about what we’re capable of when the hand brake is off.....

Another big week. COYS
I always read every post on the match thread a day or so after the match when the dust has settled. Sadly this match thread was largely spoiled by an incredibly childish argument where all participants have to take some blame for their rude and often utterly pointless posts, however it's still worth it because I get to read thoughtful and insightful posts like yours about the actual underlying football, which is what I care most about and is why the entire sport exists. So thanks for making the effort. :)

I always read every post on the match thread a day or so after the match when the dust has settled. Sadly this match thread was largely spoiled by an incredibly childish argument where all participants have to take some blame for their rude and often utterly pointless posts, however it's still worth it because I get to read thoughtful and insightful posts like yours about the actual underlying football, which is what I care most about and is why the entire sport exists. So thanks for making the effort. :)
Thanks Jim!

COYS

Back
Top Bottom