Thee Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v WBA : Sunday 12:00pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We owe them a thrashing.
It’s been a while (off the top of my head) since we really turned them over and embarrassed them.
The game where we was 3-0 up should have been it, had we gone for the jugular...

Soucek out is huge.
I’m going 1-3 to us - on today’s showing.
Never mind the juggler; lets hope they don't make clowns of us again!(Sorry for the bad Dad joke)

Do we think Jose sticks with Sanchez and
Toby after keeping a clean sheet ? I would like to see Tanganga and Rodon given some more minutes in defence

I do worry that we don't seem to know what our 1st choice defensive pairing (or defensive 3) is. Perhaps Jose has it figured out, but it hasn't been apparent. I think you need game time together to build that understanding, trust and consistency. Tanganga's obviously got runway and the potential, but I've no idea where he stands in terms of form and readiness now. I'd like to see more of Toby and Rodon together.

I do worry that we don't seem to know what our 1st choice defensive pairing (or defensive 3) is. Perhaps Jose has it figured out, but it hasn't been apparent. I think you need game time together to build that understanding, trust and consistency. Tanganga's obviously got runway and the potential, but I've no idea where he stands in terms of form and readiness now. I'd like to see more of Toby and Rodon together.

City have just won 14 straight playing different CB's almost every game - you simply have to rotate the squad - playing a "best two" week in week out will just lead to two broken CB's.

how is it weird? we created at least 2 clear cut chances that game and scored them. Thats more then we did in all the other games I listed.
Its weird because yet again you are equating a clear cut chance with scoring it or not.
Had we scored the chances you claim we didn’t create in various matches, you would also mark them down as created.

That’s what’s weird.
To be honest, had we missed both chances in the City game, you’d say we created fuck all

Last edited:
"It was only West Brom"

New Variant Winks Syndrome
It’s only Marine
It’s only Wycombe
It’s only Sheffield Utd
It’s only Leeds
It’s only Stoke

And when we beat City and Woolwich we didn’t deserve it because we were too negative and they had more crosses, and smashing Utd was because it was early in the season and anything can happen.

Including today that’s 6 Spurs wins in the last 6 weeks not worth celebrating.

Is this TFC or AFTV?

Last edited:
City have just won 14 straight playing different CB's almost every game - you simply have to rotate the squad - playing a "best two" week in week out will just lead to two broken CB's.

I checked City's last 14 matches and Dias + Stones seem to have started 10 of them? There were 2 matches with Dias + Laporte and 1 each with Laporte + Garcia and Dias + Walker (both FA Cup matches against lower league opposition).

Notwithstanding the above, I recognise you need to rotate, especially with the crazy schedule this year, but in Man City's case, it looks like they at least have Dias as the anchor. I'm not sure who ours is and can only guess it's Dier?

I checked City's last 14 matches and Dias + Stones seem to have started 10 of them? There were 2 matches with Dias + Laporte and 1 each with Laporte + Garcia and Dias + Walker (both FA Cup matches against lower league opposition).

Notwithstanding the above, I recognise you need to rotate, especially with the crazy schedule this year, but in Man City's case, it looks like they at least have Dias as the anchor. I'm not sure who ours is and can only guess it's Dier?
Good point - who is the anchor? Dier 19, Davies 17, Toby 14

As for City appearances you're right it's just Dias but as you can see it's pretty well split - which is a bugger for fantasy football .....

Dias - 20
Cancelo - 17
Walker -15
Stones - 13
Zinchenko - 9
Laporte - 7
Mendy - 6
Ake - 6
Garcia - 3

Next!!!!!!

147507897_10158750465712900_8330925725905480912_n.jpg

Don't have much too say when your mate moony does it tho do you?

Has he posted images of other forum members previously? If so, then I don’t agree with that either.

I can see you’re trying to make a nuisance of yourself and start more cunt offs. I’m not falling for you bait, lad, so don’t even bother. Have a nice day :)

Back
Top Bottom