THFC....where are we?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see your point in wanting triers in the team but Lennon?

Never realised his potential - the first few years of his career, he was lightning quick, direct, dangerous but never addressed the big weaknesses holding him back - inability to cross the ball well on a consistent basis and general lack of goal threat / end product.

It looks to me like he has lost a bit of pace and unlike early in is career seems unwilling / lacking in confidence to take on defenders and cause problems.

Hard to see how much he can really give the team now other than work rate and we really need players in that position who can create and score goals regularly. Can't see him being the answer.
He could do a job at RB until Walker returns. Dier isn't the answer, and he's being played out of position.

Just goes to show that points on their own dont tell the whole story..I mean, we are 5 points off 4th with 29 games to make it up. Should be laughably doable right?

Right?

A big reason why a record points tally never masked the massive flaws in our game for some of us.

This season, if you just walked in from nowhere and looked at the table, you'd think nothing more than a slow start, but no big deal. The reality is quite different though, as we are all fearing the freefall, and confidence hitting rock bottom as it seems to have done every season at some point for the last few years.

One problem is that this doesnt feel like a team yet. Thats why I was so pissed off with Dawson being shipped off, with some Spurs fans celebrating. Well.....now you a crying your eyes out for a leader and some heart. Congratulations.

I want Lennon to feature more, and Id take back Daws and Defoe in a heartbeat. Cant wait for Walker to come back too.

Im struggling to relate to my club, or even recognise it. There is a lack of a bond, and to be honest, Id be happy to see a radical overhaul within the first team and the fringe players..

When fit:

.................................................Lloris

Walker/Naughton.............Dier.............Kaboul.....................Rose

Lennon...........................Mason.........Bentaleb..................Eriksen

........................................Townsend/Lamela

.................................................Kane

I want triers in the team.

Lennon is unfortunatly not the player he was him and Townsend offer very little, only player I really want back is Walker, Dier looks tired at right back and Kane has to play, tired of all the excuses Soldado and Ade keep getting when Kane has been so much better.

Lennon is unfortunatly not the player he was him and Townsend offer very little, only player I really want back is Walker, Dier looks tired at right back and Kane has to play, tired of all the excuses Soldado and Ade keep getting when Kane has been so much better.
Out of interest did you think Defoe was so much better when he was scoring for fun in europa/milk cup games?

Out of interest did you think Defoe was so much better when he was scoring for fun in europa/milk cup games?

Yes he was scoring, which is kind of what a striker should be doing, Defoe is a good player, a better player than Soldado and Kane in his very few prem games has done well IMO, Soldado has not been a success unfortunatly and I don't see that changing.

Yes he was scoring, which is kind of what a striker should be doing, Defoe is a good player, a better player than Soldado and Kane in his very few prem games has done well IMO, Soldado has not been a success unfortunatly and I don't see that changing.

That's the kind of consistency our strikers need.

For me Lennon has something we are lacking in our team. A belonging to Spurs.

What he lacks in form, he has ten fold in application and attitude.

While I never put down Holtby for his effort and energy, I will concede that his attitude is EXACTLY what we need in the squad. It actually makes no difference if a more talented player plays, yet he cant be bothered to break sweat....or constatntly makes the wrong decisions etc.

We need triers. The talent comes next.

For me Lennon has something we are lacking in our team. A belonging to Spurs.

What he lacks in form, he has ten fold in application and attitude.

While I never put down Holtby for his effort and energy, I will concede that his attitude is EXACTLY what we need in the squad. It actually makes no difference if a more talented player plays, yet he cant be bothered to break sweat....or constatntly makes the wrong decisions etc.

We need triers. The talent comes next.

I suppose a balance would be good, remember Ginola lazy as fuck but a genius, we could afford to have him because of the other players in the team, at the moment I think we have two issues with the first 11, experience and work ethic, our first 11 is very young which may benefit us long term but hurts us now and as you say grafters.

I want us to use Kane, Mason, Rose as they have the ability and heart for this, Fazio looks like an angry fucker so want him on the pitch particularly if Verts is next to him to add some aggression. Concerned up top, Ade and Soldado ain't doing it, we need to improve the forward line, Barinhino must be a target for us as he has pace which we lack, a new Defoe.

I think I've found the problem.

1) Hugo Lloris - Awesome player, should leave soon for his own careers sake.
4) Younès Kaboul (Captain) - A truly shocking footballer who doesn't deserve the status of Captain.
5) Jan Vertonghen - Great on his day, obviously wants out.
6) Vlad Chiricheș - Handball against Besiktas was as shocking as he is.
15) Eric Dier - Fan favourite after West Ham, seems OKAY since, but over played & tired.
21) Federico Fazio - Does he even play for us?
2) Kyle Walker - Will hopefully bring some backbone into the side when he's fit.
3) Danny Rose - Puts in some effort, despite being shocking, wouldn't get into another side in the top 7.
16) Kyle Naughton - I'm better than him. Seriously.
32) Benoît Assou-Ekotto - He's alright.
33) Ben Davies - Why did we buy you mate?
25) Benjamin Stambouli - Why did we buy you son?
29) Étienne Capoue - Why did we buy you pal?
8) Paulinho - Does he even play for Spurs anymore?
19) Mousa Dembélé - I like you, but you're not very good at football.
42) Nabil Bentaleb - Mediocre.
23) Christian Eriksen - By far our best player out field.
38) Ryan Mason - Showing some talent and fight, but not ready for regular serious first team football.
7) Aaron Lennon - Used to love Azza. Getting way past it now. He's got to be late 30s at least?
11) Erik Lamela - Slowly getting better, has some potential.
17) Andros Townsend - Don't know how his name is on any team sheet for Spurs or England.
22) Nacer Chadli - Occasionally is okay... being optimistic.
9) Roberto Soldado - Complete waste of money. COMPLETE. Good pen at City m8.
10) Emmanuel Adebayor - Go away please, Arse, City, Madrid reject. Struggling to work out what team would happily want him.
18) Harry Kane - Hardly a brilliant talent, but our best striker currently. Says a lot.

Summary;
-Why do we have 92 Central Midfielders who aren't good at playing football?
-Why did we get rid of Bale & Modric when we're "gunning" for top four?
-Why did we get rid of Sandro, Dawson, Holtby & bring in 86 players who are no better, probably worse than them?
-Why did we get rid of Harry Redknapp?
-Why do we think we'll fill a 58,000 seater stadium when last week 19k turned up?
-Why do we have a squad full of players who wouldn't get into any top 4, let a lone top 7 team?
-Why do I attend Spurs matches?
-Why do people wear half & half scarves?
-Why don't we give 15% of all away tickets to members? i.e Arse away, QPR away when they sell out JUST to season tickets?
-Why do the stewards who assemble on 35 always make me want to push them down the stairs?
-Why do we have football players who aren't good at playing football?
-Why am I looking forward to Aston Villa on Sunday?
-Why am I reminiscing about Steed Malbranque, Tainio, Berbatov & King?
-Why is it so warm for late October?

That's something that bugs me out of Adebayor and Kaboul, they often look like they're trying to become best mates with the opposition during matches, joking with them after tackles etc.

Personally I think the Europa thing is stretching it a bit. Not least because we played at home, and it was hardly a gruelling encounter. In fact (and this is the only area I am prepared to question Poch over less than 10 games in) the buzz of battering a crap team could have been carried into this game through, say, Harry Kane.

Anyway, even if we aren't at home, flying first-class really aint that taxing. And as for distances, visiting Galatasaray or CSKA (CL teams) are a longer/as long flights as Asteras or Partizan.

I get that flying anywhere eats into preparation time, but then should we really need 6 full days to prepare to host one of the League's bottom sides? Everton played away, in Europa, and came home to beat Burnley, at Burnley.

Maybe we should go back to a 4-5-1 from the current 4-2-3-1

------------->Davies-------------------->Rose
---------->Vertonghen------->Mason
Lloris------------------>Capoue--------------->Soldado
--------->Fazio--------------------->Eriksen
------------>Naughton---------------->Walker

Back in the seasons 2010/12 we were crying out for a striker like Soldado, now we have him we are not playing to his strengths. Have Lennon and Rose whipping balls in, I wouldn't be against to actually to swapping Davies and Rose, playing players who can actually cross.

That's something that bugs me out of Adebayor and Kaboul, they often look like they're trying to become best mates with the opposition during matches, joking with them after tackles etc.

I know it really bugs me, and yet again its the overpaid twat up front that is guilty of this, at Woolwich away, there he is laughing and joking with the oppostion, fucking idiot should be focused and should be wanting to rip their fucking heads off over the next 90 minutes........he can have a laugh and high five after the game or even gang bang them for i all care, its this type of attitude amongst our senior players that means we will never win the 'big games' and why we suddenly find ourselves under pressure when we can not even beat a shit newcastle team at home with all the so called talented players we have.....

I think I've found the problem.

32) Benoît Assou-Ekotto - He's alright.
29) Étienne Capoue - Why did we buy you pal?
19) Mousa Dembélé - I like you, but you're not very good at football.
42) Nabil Bentaleb - Mediocre.
22) Nacer Chadli - Occasionally is okay... being optimistic.

Summary;
-Why did we get rid of Harry Redknapp?
-Why do I attend Spurs matches?
-Why do we have football players who aren't good at playing football?

:baeshock:

Back
Top Bottom