This could have been / should have been us

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we had pulled our finger out and convinced that shark faced cunt to manage us and backed him.

Done what Liverpool did and refused offers for our star men.

But let's face it, what manager worth their salt would work for Levy?

I hear on here all the time how we are "cursed". We are cursed, cursed by that little bullet headed cunt who has nothing but self interest at heart.

Fuck you Levy, DIE.

If we had pulled our finger out and convinced that shark faced cunt to manage us and backed him.

Done what Liverpool did and refused offers for our star men.

But let's face it, what manager worth their salt would work for Levy?

I hear on here all the time how we are "cursed". We are cursed, cursed by that little bullet headed cunt who has nothing but self interest at heart.

Fuck you Levy, DIE.

Who? Rodgers?

Liverpool appointed him 2 weeks before Redknapp was even sacked...

Liverpool also refused one offer for a fraction of the Bale amount, for a player that was banned for 10 games. It wasn't even a serious offer, and it came from Woolwich who have won less than Liverpool of late.

I think people need to get over it..

3edc6d78ccb059b9afd4db5dd1d493b1490136eb853c99d2f203c146d5962d41.jpg

Who? Rodgers?

Liverpool also refused one offer for a fraction of the Bale amount, for a player that was banned for 10 games. It wasn't even a serious offer, and it came from Woolwich who have won less than Liverpool of late.

We spoke to Rodgers, I thought that was common knowledge.

We probably offered him 50k a year and all the scampi fries he could eat.

It's frustrating seeing these cunts romping to the title, but we were never going to be able to keep hold of Bale, or Modric. Not when Madrid had been whispering in their ears for months.

Who? Rodgers?

I find it funny that 90% of what you say is often factually inaccurate. Rodgers gave a damning assessment of Levy.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/19/liverpool-brendan-rodgers-tottenham-cardiff

I find it funny that 90% of what you say is often factually inaccurate. Rodgers gave a damning assessment of Levy.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/dec/19/liverpool-brendan-rodgers-tottenham-cardiff

Do you have some sort of odd personal issue with me? You often throw insults my way for no reason, and with no real reason to.

Irony of your post is that there's no evidence to support what you're saying, nor has it even been proven or quoted that Rodgers was offered the job - making 100% of what you said factually unfounded.

I didn't want Rodgers then and I still wouldn't want him now

Any successes he would potentially have still wouldn't be stomach-able for all the "this is Tottenham Hotspur Football Club" shite

Fucking up a title push at home due to an awful individual error? It really does feel like it should be us.

I didn't want Rodgers then and I still wouldn't want him now

Any successes he would potentially have still wouldn't be stomach-able for all the "this is Tottenham Hotspur Football Club" shite
To be fair that was nothing to do with Rodgers, that was the owners.

The shagging transvestites and bullshit quotes, that was all him though.

To be fair that was nothing to do with Rodgers, that was the owners.

The shagging transvestites and bullshit quotes, that was all him though.

I didn't actually mean the TV programme - just the way he begins every sentence with those words

I've never seen someone so happy to have a black armband on as well......personal tragedies are great currency up there, and you have to be a very strange character to use things like that as motivation for your team imo,

I didn't actually mean the TV programme - just the way he begins every sentence with those words

I've never seen someone so happy to have a black armband on as well......personal tragedies are great currency up there, and you have to be a very strange character to use things like that as motivation for your team imo,
I agree, how long is a piece of string when you 'celebrate ' /remember a tragedy.

“A close shave,” he said. “They are a great club and one of the things I looked at was the history. They’d had 11 managers in 18 years there so for someone like myself, I needed to create something.

"I needed to go to a club that was going to give us that opportunity. I am more than happy with the choice I made to come here and hopefully in time it will prove to be the right one.”

18 years from 2012 is 1994. They had 7 set ups in that time, with 6 different managers up until Rodger's appointment. We had 8 different managers, if you include Santini's brief spell. Not enough to justify his comments, in my opinion.

Consider the managerial setups, win %'s and what each manager won, and you'll see the man is just a cunt with no respect - Liverpool has discarded more managers with less conviction, and I'm not convinced that he got an offer, regardless of whether he was spoken to.

Liverpool:

1) Souness - 42% - FA Cup (1)
2) Evans - 52% - League Cup (1)
3) Wierd Evans-Houllier thing - 39%
4) Houllier - 52% - FA Cup (1), League Cup (2), Community Shield (1), UEFA Cup (1), UEFA Super Cup (1)
5) Benitez - 56% - FA Cup (1), Community Shielf (1), Champions League (1), UEFA Super Cup (1)
6) Hodgson - 42% - Didn't even get to see a cup run
7) Dalglish - 47% - League Cup (1)

Us:

1) Francis - 38%
2) Gross - 33%
3) Graham - 40% - League Cup (1)
4) Hoddle - 39%
5) Santini - 38%
6) Jol - 45%
7) Ramos - 39% - League Cup (1)
8) Redknapp - 49%

There is level of defeatism ingrained in the club.
Realism has kicked in over the Levy/ENIC/Sugar years that
we have little or no chance of top 4 or silverware. The traditions of
our once glorious club have been eroded to comical self imploding
ridicule . Nothing will change , our day has been , our owners
have no will or determination to change.

Oh well then in that case carry on going about your business.

This will be a very constructive thread

It's one of the threads where people spout crap about how terrible we are and they wish we were another team, ignoring completely that we were in a similar position as Liverpool not a few seasons back - but Redknapp bottled it in a squad with nearly all of our best players of the last 10 years (Modric, Bale, VDV, Adebayor, Parker, King).

Destined to end up with at least one argument and a sin binning somewhere...

Back
Top Bottom