This could have been / should have been us

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we had pulled our finger out and convinced that shark faced cunt to manage us and backed him.

Done what Liverpool did and refused offers for our star men.

But let's face it, what manager worth their salt would work for Levy?

I hear on here all the time how we are "cursed". We are cursed, cursed by that little bullet headed cunt who has nothing but self interest at heart.

Fuck you Levy, DIE.

Only just picked up on this thread. Your so 100% correct. It could have, and should have been us. The difference, Levy !!

It's one of the threads where people spout crap about how terrible we are and they wish we were another team, ignoring completely that we were in a similar position as Liverpool not a few seasons back - but Redknapp bottled it in a squad with nearly all of our best players of the last 10 years (Modric, Bale, VDV, Adebayor, Parker, King).

Destined to end up with at least one argument and a sin binning somewhere...

First of all, how do you include Parker in that line up, LOL. So Redknapp bottled what, 2 x 4th and a CL quarter final, not to mention the most attractive football in the prem. Yes we finished 4th when we should have finished 3rd. The only real difference was Chelsea winning a CL final which they got outplayed in. I suppose you would rather another few seasons of the Portuguese idiot feeding us more boring football. REALLY ???????

There is level of defeatism ingrained in the club.
Realism has kicked in over the Levy/ENIC/Sugar years that
we have little or no chance of top 4 or silverware. The traditions of
our once glorious club have been eroded to comical self imploding
ridicule . Nothing will change , our day has been , our owners
have no will or determination to change.

Yep it's also the desperation at looking at our rivals and poorly trying to copy them, get rid of redknapp he taken us as far as he can, avb is the new Mourinho/wenger attitude. Our players our wages it's hard to break the top 4 unless Lewis stops being a tight billionaire cunt and spends some money I mean real money like 60
Million and buys say ibrahimivic or something.

Yep it's also the desperation at looking at our rivals and poorly trying to copy them, get rid of redknapp he taken us as far as he can, avb is the new Mourinho/wenger attitude. Our players our wages it's hard to break the top 4 unless Lewis stops being a tight billionaire cunt and spends some money I mean real money like 60
Million and buys say ibrahimivic or something.

Harry was given almost no money (12m net p,a), so how do you know he took as far as he could. We were only a striker away from a genuine prem challenge. Blame LEVY

Harry was given almost no money (12m net p,a), so how do you know he took as far as he could. We were only a striker away from a genuine prem challenge. Blame LEVY

Yep did well, levy is always looking for the next big thing , has no patience, that's why if we ever get a truly world class manager levy will most likely sack him as well after a season. It means we are constantly rebuilding all the time and can never develop a long term plan.

It's one of the threads where people spout crap about how terrible we are and they wish we were another team, ignoring completely that we were in a similar position as Liverpool not a few seasons back - but Redknapp bottled it in a squad with nearly all of our best players of the last 10 years (Modric, Bale, VDV, Adebayor, Parker, King).

Destined to end up with at least one argument and a sin binning somewhere...

Disagree with your argument thought redknapp did a great job and our squad is just as strong now as then (worse first 11 but much greater depth) however why would anyone sin bin you. Who is the arse around here sin binning people he needs to man up and grow a pair.

Its undeniable that we should have finished 3rd in redknapps last season, and the ultimate blame has to lie with the manager.

True he fucked up but his fuck up is still better than any success we had under avb or Sherwood and that's the issue we are falling behind our rivals.

Its undeniable that we should have finished 3rd in redknapps last season, and the ultimate blame has to lie with the manager.

So if we sack a manger for finishing 4th instead of 3rd, how long we will we ever keep a manager? We need to get real. Our net spend for several years now has been zero, and under Arry, who only got 12m per annum, turned us into a great side. We all know that Levy is cnunt to work for, he will screw a manager down to a crap contract, and then give him no money to spend unless he sells his best players. It's the chairman holding us back, and I just wish we gave him the same stick as we did Sugar. Then perhaps he would fook off.

So if we sack a manger for finishing 4th instead of 3rd, how long we will we ever keep a manager? We need to get real. Our net spend for several years now has been zero, and under Arry, who only got 12m per annum, turned us into a great side. We all know that Levy is cnunt to work for, he will screw a manager down to a crap contract, and then give him no money to spend unless he sells his best players. It's the chairman holding us back, and I just wish we gave him the same stick as we did Sugar. Then perhaps he would fook off.
Sorry i didn't know you were on the board?
How else would you know what Redknapp was sacked for?
Why are you trying to portray Harry Redknapp as the second coming? The guys a prick. If he's so good, where is he now?
Redknapp only had 12 mill right? He had a lot of money at QPR, hows that worked our for them?

“A close shave,” he said. “They are a great club and one of the things I looked at was the history. They’d had 11 managers in 18 years there so for someone like myself, I needed to create something.

"I needed to go to a club that was going to give us that opportunity. I am more than happy with the choice I made to come here and hopefully in time it will prove to be the right one.”

18 years from 2012 is 1994. They had 7 set ups in that time, with 6 different managers up until Rodger's appointment. We had 8 different managers, if you include Santini's brief spell. Not enough to justify his comments, in my opinion.

Consider the managerial setups, win %'s and what each manager won, and you'll see the man is just a cunt with no respect - Liverpool has discarded more managers with less conviction, and I'm not convinced that he got an offer, regardless of whether he was spoken to.

Liverpool:

1) Souness - 42% - FA Cup (1)
2) Evans - 52% - League Cup (1)
3) Wierd Evans-Houllier thing - 39%
4) Houllier - 52% - FA Cup (1), League Cup (2), Community Shield (1), UEFA Cup (1), UEFA Super Cup (1)
5) Benitez - 56% - FA Cup (1), Community Shielf (1), Champions League (1), UEFA Super Cup (1)
6) Hodgson - 42% - Didn't even get to see a cup run
7) Dalglish - 47% - League Cup (1)

Us:

1) Francis - 38%
2) Gross - 33%
3) Graham - 40% - League Cup (1)
4) Hoddle - 39%
5) Santini - 38%
6) Jol - 45%
7) Ramos - 39% - League Cup (1)
8) Redknapp - 49%

and take into account the current owners , with their track record of supporting managers, sacked Hodgson soon as they turned up, dalglish 1 season after giving him the job full time, making the gnome their 3rd manager in 2 years in charge.

IMO we sacked redknapp because, having been backed 100% by the club and board through his court case, he started, in the same week that he got off, fluttering his eyelashes at the FA over the england job. He's since admitted to asking opposition managers if they fancied being his assistant, and admitted that he took his eye off the ball as far as spurs were concerned.

i think some guys need to accept that you can dislike the reign of the last year of redknapp, avbs football and sherwoods personality simultaneously....

Redknapp had the exact same chance that Rodgers had this season. if we had the luck, and full attention of the manager, that liverpool have had this season back in 2012 we would have been in for the title too. losing 3rd isn't what got redknapp sacked, it's just a byproduct of what got him sacked.

Rodgers is a shit, but don't know if it's worse that there are people on here that agree with him

Sorry i didn't know you were on the board?
How else would you know what Redknapp was sacked for?
Why are you trying to portray Harry Redknapp as the second coming? The guys a prick. If he's so good, where is he now?
Redknapp only had 12 mill right? He had a lot of money at QPR, hows that worked our for them?

Couldn't have said it better.

This revisionist Harry-glorification is as revolting as it is tampered truth.

The guy was a crook, and he fucked us at first given chance. So would he, had all of Chelsea, Utd, City let alone a big foreign club came along with offers for him. Took our entire season down the drain, as he tried to play the England political game with the FA. Our best season in modern times.

IMO we sacked redknapp because, having been backed 100% by the club and board through his court case, he started, in the same week that he got off, fluttering his eyelashes at the FA over the england job. He's since admitted to asking opposition managers if they fancied being his assistant, and admitted that he took his eye off the ball as far as spurs were concerned.

Damn straight. And the romantics have forgotten that last half season now, it would seem. The cringe.

IT COULD HAVE BEEN US!!!

IF WE ONLY SIGNED (insert every trophy winning manager/player of the PL era) IN TIME!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

:defoe:

Well then here goes, I think Fergie would have been great as our manager. Add Ronaldo, Shearer, Gerrard, Henry, Keane, Drogba, Terry, Stam, Bale (oh yeh we got him), Suarez maybe a few others that should have kept us in the hunt over the past 20 years or so. It's a nice day dream isn't it, oh well.

Well then here goes, I think Fergie would have been great as our manager. Add Ronaldo, Shearer, Gerrard, Henry, Keane, Drogba, Terry, Stam, Bale (oh yeh we got him), Suarez maybe a few others that should have kept us in the hunt over the past 20 years or so. It's a nice day dream isn't it, oh well.

Fucking Levy

Back
Top Bottom