Thread Where We Can Talk Shit About Other Clubs’ Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Falcao to United is just another bizarre transfer. Obviously, he is a fantastic footballer - but an area they don't need to strengthen! They need a centre-back and a right-back. I'm still baffled as to how they allowed Ferdinand and Vidic to leave and not get at least one re-inforcement in?

It's like Paul the Octopus is deciding who they should sign. Seriously.

MOAR FORWARDS :memelol:

ardiles.jpg

So let me get this clear in my head. RvP plays at least a part in getting LvG to go to Utd, sees his friend give Rooney the captaincy and then sign Falcao on loan. Lovely bloke that van Gaal

Falcao - The definition of a player who is more interested in money than trophies.
Anyway who gives a fuck if he cares more about money? Do you go to your job solely for the personal gratification? Or do you go to work to earn a living? Why does being a footballer suddenly mean you have to become a hippy and renounce all materialism. Of course he's going to prefer a job that pays more? We all fucking would.

A big say, since he still has to agree personal terms and say yes or no.
Ok, let me spell it out for you.
"radamel, Monaco have just called, they're building a squad thats going to mount a challenge for the french title. Theyr'e going to give us 50 million euros for you, they said you can have 200'000 euros a week and because its in Monaco you wont pay any tax on that. You'll earn enough money to be able to look after your entire family for the rest of your life. The 50 million we receive will ensure this clubs survival for the foreseeable future and allow us to rebuild a team and keep us challenging in a country ravaged by the financial crisis and struggling in a league monopolised by the top two teams. This money may even allow us to actually mount a title challenge."

"No gaffer, i wanna stay"

Seem likely? Didnt think so. I'm pretty sure If monaco come in with a 50 million euro offer, you're gonna be eating croissants no matter what.

Ok, let me spell it out for you.
"radamel, Monaco have just called, they're building a squad thats going to mount a challenge for the french title. Theyr'e going to give us 50 million euros for you, they said you can have 200'000 euros a week and because its in Monaco you wont pay any tax on that. You'll earn enough money to be able to look after your entire family for the rest of your life. The 50 million we receive will ensure this clubs survival for the foreseeable future and allow us to rebuild a team and keep us challenging in a country ravaged by the financial crisis and struggling in a league monopolised by the top two teams. This money may even allow us to actually mount a title challenge."

"No gaffer, i wanna stay"

Seem likely? Didnt think so. I'm pretty sure If monaco come in with a 50 million euro offer, you're gonna be eating croissants no matter what.

No need to be so blunt or hostile, but YOU asked how much say he had in things. It's quite simple, he can say yes or no. You are giving the impression that he moves for big money and is a complete passenger. Of course he is going to want to line his (and his agent's) pockets, and it's a no-brainer to go to Monaco. Moving to United though? He can still refuse to go.

No need to be so blunt or hostile, but
asked how much say he had in things. It's quite simple, he can say yes or no. You are giving the impression that he moves for big money and is a complete passenger. Of course he is going to want to line his (and his agent's) pockets, and it's a no-brainer to go to Monaco. Moving to United though? He can still refuse to go.
Well like I said, I beg to differ. In my opinion when an offer of 50 million is made you don't really have much of a choice. Pretty sure Atletico preferred the money To a 28 year old striker... And if you think they're gonna say to him "its totally up to you Rad, no ones making you do anything you don't want too" you have a pretty naive view on the state of football these days.

Well like I said, I beg to differ. In my opinion when an offer of 50 million is made you don't really have much of a choice. Pretty sure Atletico preferred the money To a 28 year old striker... And if you think they're gonna say to him "its totally up to you Rad, no ones making you do anything you don't want too" you have a pretty naive view on the state of football these days.

I said Monaco is a no brainer. United not so much, since he will be taking a pay cut effectively to come, more than likely.

Back
Top Bottom