Thread Where We Can Talk Shit About Other Clubs’ Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he was from any other country he'd be half of that AT MOST. They need a striker thats gonna get them goals... so they sign a striker well known for not scoring any fucking goals. Brilliant.

Just for fun, I've been reading the r/soccer subreddit on, well, Reddit and it's un-fucking-believable. Almost every woolwich fan has convinced themselves that this is a steal for them, and United fans are beside themselves at it. You would think that Welbeck was the second coming.

That place is shockingly full of idiots.

Just for fun, I've been reading the r/soccer subreddit on, well, Reddit and it's un-fucking-believable. Almost every woolwich fan has convinced themselves that this is a steal for them, and United fans are beside themselves at it. You would think that Welbeck was the second coming.

That place is shockingly full of idiots.

In a vacuum I don't think the Welbeck signing is a bad signing for the scum, but considering what they paid for him and the fact that they typically haven't had problems scoring without a real number 9 it's crazy to me that they would spend 16mil on a backup striker when they have 3 CBs (one of which is 19) and zero good CDMs. I love it.

It's interesting how both United and Woolwich have gone out to drastically improve their attack when both really should have focused on their defenses, well I get the both bought an overpriced English fullback each. We on the other hand seriously strengthened our defense. Lets hope the old saying stands true about the best teams being built from the back!

Meanwhile avb is doing some weird business

16.jpg

Radamel Falcao joined Manchester United after Real deal failed, says father | Football | theguardian.com

Seems like his father is hinting that Real wouldn't pay his wage demands, in different words of obviously. Being Real Madrid I would of thought their salary is roughly bottomless. Would love to know what he is on at Man U. With Rooney on 250g a week and Van Persie on 220g surely he's got to be higher than both of them, so United now have the most expensive strike force in world football. Also Falcao scored 11 in 20 last year for Monaco before his injury.

Radamel Falcao joined Manchester United after Real deal failed, says father | Football | theguardian.com

Seems like his father is hinting that Real wouldn't pay his wage demands, in different words of obviously. Being Real Madrid I would of thought their salary is roughly bottomless. Would love to know what he is on at Man U. With Rooney on 250g a week and Van Persie on 220g surely he's got to be higher than both of them, so United now have the most expensive strike force in world football. Also Falcao scored 11 in 20 last year for Monaco before his injury.
By all accounts, Rooney is on 300k and Falcao is on 346k.

£346k a week?!? Fuck me.... Maybe explains why Real didn't come in for him - Ronaldo has a clause that states he is top wage earner doesn't he.

Modern football disgusts me more and more every year. United have morphed into Citeh.

I know it's market forces, supply and demand and all that, but 346K a week, for playing football, is rather obscene.
I'll just mosey on in here and state that, having my degree in economics, few things infuriate me more than people just saying "hey, supply and demand and all that" as a throwaway comment.

Not cunting you off or anything, honestly. I just think that at a basic level that few things are less understood by the general public than the concepts of supply and demand.

Believe me, that shit starts to get funky.

Back
Top Bottom