Three foreign players - old Serie a rules

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dr Rocktopus

🎃🦇🎃🦇🎃
Back in the late 80s and early 90s, pre Bosman ruling, Italian clubs could have a maximum of three non-Italian players in their squad.

If that was currently in place in the Prem which three Spurs players would you keep?

It's a tough one when you think about players in their prime, players at the later stages of their career, and exciting young talent like Sarr and Udogie.

Back in the late 80s and early 90s, pre Bosman ruling, Italian clubs could have a maximum of three non-Italian players in their squad.

If that was currently in place in the Prem which three Spurs players would you keep?

It's a tough one when you think about players in their prime, players at the later stages of their career, and exciting young talent like Sarr and Udogie.

It was the case in most, if not all, European leagues. Including England. It was always bizarre, as a non-Brit, how English teams were decimated in Europe, because UEFA refused the FA's rule of not counting Scottish, Welsh, and Northern Irish as foreigners. Edit: And Irish (????)

Anywho: Romero, Bissouma, and Son. No contest. Only Udogie are pushing them, because of his insane ceiling.

3 non homegrown is fucking tough. i remember it being 3 non european players. its amazing serie A was a beast of a league back then with that ruling. italy should of been cleaning up world cups and euros.

Romero and VDV so we would have a solid defence to build around.

Then I would also keep Maddison because if every team needs 22 English players then there will be a massive premium on the top English players so would have to keep our best one!
:sarrthink:

Why do people find it so hard to make a decision?
Romero and VDV so we would have a solid defence to build around.

Then I would also keep Maddison because if every team needs 22 English players then there will be a massive premium on the top English players so would have to keep our best one!
:sarrthink:
I think he means non-HG?

Back
Top Bottom