Three foreign players - old Serie a rules

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Back in the late 80s and early 90s, pre Bosman ruling, Italian clubs could have a maximum of three non-Italian players in their squad.

If that was currently in place in the Prem which three Spurs players would you keep?

It's a tough one when you think about players in their prime, players at the later stages of their career, and exciting young talent like Sarr and Udogie.
It's bad enough some posters are giving 4 answers but can you clarify that you mean non-HG players and maybe edit your OP?

I like to think I’m all about supporting young local talent.

Then I think about what our midfield would look like with Winks, Skipp and Andros Townsend.

:mourweird: :angeshock::conteshock:

Anywho: Romero, Bissouma, and Son. No contest. Only Udogie are pushing them, because of his insane ceiling.
That's nothing... you seen Michelangelo's?
12758.jpg

Now THAT'S an insane ceiling!

Gotta look at position scarcity:
Son— very few homegrown strikers that can bang in 20 goals a year and I ain’t paying 100m for Ollie Watkins.
Vicario — the best homegrown options are Pickford and Pope, a major drop off.
Romero — I’ll probably pick Bissouma if I’m given any more time to think about it.

Vic, Son and Romero for me.

Just thinking back to Monday, most other keepers miss that save. We tend to not think of keepers as match winners but this guy is. I'd miss the likes of Biss massively, but Monday proved we van work around it.

Can't imagine our team without Son, and not just for his goals. Think we'll miss his presence more than Kane.

And I'd be too scared to tell Romero he's off.

Son has to be selected, the main goal threat, best finisher by miles. Links best with our most creative player, Maddison. Captain, arguably a club legend and best ever foreign player for us.

Next two...probably VdV and Romero, because within our current squad, these two are irreplaceable.

But yeah, glad we don't have this rule haha.

Back in the late 80s and early 90s, pre Bosman ruling, Italian clubs could have a maximum of three non-Italian players in their squad.

If that was currently in place in the Prem which three Spurs players would you keep?

It's a tough one when you think about players in their prime, players at the later stages of their career, and exciting young talent like Sarr and Udogie.
Was it squad or first 11?

Back
Top Bottom