THST - Useless and need to be replaced.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I believe that the organisation does its best under very trying circumstances. The fact that there is no requirement for the Club to engage with any supporters group or representatives means that any questions/queries/demands that the Trust wish to put to the Club/Chairman need to be (a) within the remit set by the Club otherwise they will be ignored or even worse, told that there will be no communication with the Trust at all. The unpaid volunteers who run the Trust work long hours to try and make the match day going experience (home and away) better for the fans and also attempt to have the Club explain their financial and administrative procedures more clearly, along with sharing the Club's future planning. Bearing all this in mind, what is it that you want/expect the Trust to do, that won't get them excluded from any further discourse?
I want more vocal and viperous opposition to Levy the incumbent and feel we need to organise it as fans.

The training ground protest is pissing in the wind for example.

I want more vocal and viperous opposition to Levy the incumbent and feel we need to organise it as fans.

Yeah

There are many Levy and ENIC opposition groups who want to take a more vocal/direct action approach to getting Levy's attention, but expecting The Trust to give support to such tactics is, as outlined above, beyond their remit and will see the Trust denied any further contact with the Club.

Yeah

There are many Levy and ENIC opposition groups who want to take a more vocal/direct action approach to getting Levy's attention, but expecting The Trust to give support to such tactics is, as outlined above, beyond their remit and will see the Trust denied any further contact with the Club.
As expected...maybe replacing trust bit harsh. Third option would be cool - create our own thing and make some noise but I honestly wouldn't know where to begin just that I'd play a part if it was effective and non violent.

My stance is - you're full of shit.

You care online - but really, in the real world, you don't care 'enough'.
Lol. Actually I'm a ST holder who can barely afford to get to games nowadays, let alone a train ticket to Enfield AND having to give up a shift Saturday morning.

I will be at the games and regardless the stadium is the best forum to make an impact. Nice to meet you btw.

Yes, one of my daughters and me are ST holders - why?

I think I watch about 200000 live games a season - what that has to do with anything, I have no idea?
Trying to keep the chat OT but don't know you so want to find common ground.

Do you think there needs to be strong words had against ENIC? If so, is THST the best and only mechanism to do that?

Do you agree that if one wanted to dissent against the club a protest at a game is better than the training ground? It seems to be the only place I can imagine anything meaningful happening.

Trying to keep the chat OT but don't know you so want to find common ground.
Fair enough :thumbup:
Do you think there needs to be strong words had against ENIC? If so, is THST the best and only mechanism to do that?
I do think there needs to be action to wake up ENIC/Levy. Currently, The Trust seem to be the only ones looking for clarity from the club, yet keep getting derided.
Do you agree that if one wanted to dissent against the club a protest at a game is better than the training ground? It seems to be the only place I can imagine anything meaningful happening.
Nothing will happen at the ground, there's been so much talk about it here and elsewhere. The 4 or 5 blokes across the road from the stadium seem to have given up too.

I don't think anything will happen with this Saturday (training ground protests have been attempted before) either.

The Trust seem to be the only ones looking for clarity from the club, yet keep getting derided.
Fair play to what they do (I don't really understand or begrudge them). They're just unlikely to press the right buttons.
Nothing will happen at the ground, there's been so much talk about it here and elsewhere. The 4 or 5 blokes across the road from the stadium seem to have given up too.

I don't think anything will happen with this Saturday (training ground protests have been attempted before) either.
Unfortunately I agree, there is quite a high churn of ST's in my block, either time shares or flipping them on the ticket exchange. It makes it hard to build the rapport needed to get 20 fellas in your area to tolerate even a banner, for example.

I'm honestly snookered as to how to get some significant momentum here. Maybe it just starts with talking to the people around us more.

Fair play to what they do (I don't really understand or begrudge them). They're just unlikely to press the right buttons.

Unfortunately I agree, there is quite a high churn of ST's in my block, either time shares or flipping them on the ticket exchange. It makes it hard to build the rapport needed to get 20 fellas in your area to tolerate even a banner, for example.

I'm honestly snookered as to how to get some significant momentum here. Maybe it just starts with talking to the people around us more.
A walk out on 23 mins perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom