THST - Useless and need to be replaced.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unsurprisingly, the club have hardly given answers that come as any surprise, telling us nothing we don't already know, with the possible exception of admitting that some previous transfers haven't worked out, i.e. we've lost money in the arrival and subsequent departure of certain players.

Not really worth the furore, in my opinion.

The club do need to communicate better with supporters but it's delusional to think they are going to welcome anyone who doesn't have a financial involvement into their world. Certainly not these owners, anyway.

The club do need to communicate better with supporters but it's delusional to think they are going to welcome anyone who doesn't have a financial involvement into their world. Certainly not these owners, anyway.

While I wouldn't call their responses confrontational, it did have somewhat of a feeling of defensiveness and indignance at having to answer them.

Oh, you have a genuine question on behalf of your supporter base? Just reference the PR responses already published in our documents last year.

While I wouldn't call their responses confrontational, it did have somewhat of a feeling of defensiveness and indignance at having to answer them.

Oh, you have a genuine question on behalf of your supporter base? Just reference the PR responses already published in our documents last year.
Yes, I felt that too. It felt almost 'deliberately rushed', as in 'we don't have to do this but it's ticking boxes whilst putting you back in your box at the same time'.

There is a need to at least try and hold the club accountable for its actions and operations (to a degree - they are still the paymasters, no matter what I think). I don't know what the answer is - any supporters' trust tends to become too political and self-serving, and therefore losing its initial premise, and any relationship with the club is going to be strained/tolerated at best.

My god what an arrogant, sniffy, out of touch response. Just like their super league non apology. They really do seem to think they are beyond reproach and think the club is their own personal fiefdom. Clearly we all need to shut up and be grateful for their mere presence.

I mean when i read the initial message the trust posted with their questions to the club you could see straight away it was done in the wrong way with stupid questions that would illict simple responses from the club.

One thing I love about that club response. They know how fucked off the supporters are and the amount of stick we are giving them. The #LevyOut, Twitter rants, discontent in the crowds etc are being noticed across the board. Music to my ears :)

Unsurprisingly, the club have hardly given answers
I mean, it should be surprising that the public communications of the club are that poor.

It's very very difficult for a club to be a true, sincere vessel for their supporters' passion. But it's trivially easy to fake it, and ENIC don't even seem capable of faking it.

The closer you get to the inner sanctum of the club, the more every surface is coated with utter contempt for the fans, the industry, really the game itself. Just a toxic, toxic outlook.

I mean when i read the initial message the trust posted with their questions to the club you could see straight away it was done in the wrong way with stupid questions that would illict simple responses from the club.
This.

The statement and questions was never going to get anything other than this.

You don't need a degree in communication to figure that out.

At the end of the day, the club and the fans are coming at this from polar different viewpoints.
We, as fans, are desperate for success on the field, champions league and beating the Goons.
The club are looking at the Beyonce concert, NFL, etc etc.
I actually think the club don't care about the fans. They have established a business and that's exactly what it is and you are pissing in the wind if you think that will change.

At the end of the day, the club and the fans are coming at this from polar different viewpoints.
We, as fans, are desperate for success on the field, champions league and beating the Goons.
The club are looking at the Beyonce concert, NFL, etc etc.
I actually think the club don't care about the fans. They have established a business and that's exactly what it is and you are pissing in the wind if you think that will change.

The club want success, it's literally in their communication with the Trust above- everything done off the field is to aid/increase investment in the team with the aim to challenge for and win major honors. And true to that statement what we have seen since the stadium opened is increased investment in the team and footballing structure of the club.

People are happy to quote a 25 year old passage from Levy when talking about ENICs intentions with a different football club as the the holy grail of gotchas but when he is talking about this club specifically in real time it gets brushed off.

It's why these dialogues are a waste of time, no one cares what is said - the club couldn't have said anything in a statement in response to the Trust that would have satisfied the mob - they want to see the results delivered now.

The club want success, it's literally in their communication with the Trust above- everything done off the field is to aid/increase investment in the team with the aim to challenge for and win major honors. And true to that statement what we have seen since the stadium opened is increased investment in the team and footballing structure of the club.

People are happy to quote a 25 year old passage from Levy when talking about ENICs intentions with a different football club as the the holy grail of gotchas but when he is talking about this club specifically in real time it gets brushed off.

It's why these dialogues are a waste of time, no one cares what is said - the club couldn't have said anything in a statement in response to the Trust that would have satisfied the mob - they want to see the results delivered now.

This post has interesting similarities to the clubs official response :mourloopy:

Back
Top Bottom