Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still tempering expectations.

But I like the signing more after that interview.
It’s no surprise when a top class player ‘fails’ at that shit stain Club with such lousy management, directorship and general stench of temporary-ness in place. The 100% support he’ll receive from the Manager downwards at THFC will be a huge motivation to hopefully turn his career around.

I think (hope) he’s going to be a fucking monster in an Ange team. Presses. Can run forever and quickly. Lots to prove after his spell at Chelsea. Misses sitters but has a good scoring record mostly. Assists and disrupts.
I think him, Sonny & Richy provides greater competition within the squad. Let’s be honest they’re all hit and miss at times. Genuinely think that crazy Australian genius has it already figured out.

He did sound nervous in the interview a little hopefully we make him feel welcome and loved here and he scores hatfuls we know he can do it pretty Chelsea days. I would love nothing more then him scoring the winner against Chelsea at the bridge and doing an adebeyor slide to the home fans

Well I'm actually really pleased about this one I think he fits Anges system perfectly.

Works hard and has quality. Also has genuine pull away pace.

Definitely a better player than some suggest, he will miss a few, he will also score and assist.

Werner's keys to success...

Press like crazy
Cause havoc
Don't be a bitch
Chip in with a goal or assist here and there

It's that simple

I can’t see why anyone would berate this signing.
We pay his wages for a maximum 6 months if it’s awful. We sign him for peanuts if he hits form he is capable of🤷‍♂️.
He is as like for like with Sonny as we would get in January while Sonny is on international duty.
Both very streaky players. The only difference is the bad smell of one playing and failing at Stamford Bridge v the other being an ambassador for THFC. It’s nothing to berate a 27 year old for. He’s seen the light!
He’s definitely going to help through the second half of the season because his attributes and mentality are Ange approved.
Great signing imo. And if he isn’t he can go back from whence he came in June. It’s smart and a Posty approved deal.
I’m in.
How much did the chavs pay for him btw?
The piss boiling is beyond wonderful if he does for us what they demanded.

Last edited:
Tragic child that I am I’m now super excited for Sunday. We have enough in and amongst us to win and with some style too. I really like this signing. Even if his impact is just for a few months, he’s going to complement the players we do have right now really well. Dragusin needs to hurry up and join the party.

Food Love GIF by TRT

Back
Top Bottom