Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really hope Timo is a success with us and Ange helps him rediscover his mojo.

What will be the cherry on top though will be the meltdown of all the salty chav fans! 😂

Almost certain Timo Werner was playing upfront for Chelsea at that time and not as a wide forward at all.

They’re completely different players. Werner was racking up 14xG without pens because he aimed to be in and around goal so much, Saka plays a lot wider.

Werner has always been more of an inside wide forward. I think at Chelsea he played off Havertz (and even Abraham in 20-21 I think). At Dortmund in the 4222 he played in the top 2 with Poulson but Poulson was the central fulcrum often.

Werner isn’t an orthodox 9, like Son isn’t. Same type of players who make similar runs.

We need to really get behind this lad and give him time to bed in without silly knee-jerk nonsense. If by the end of the first couple of games he's not shown he's world class, then by all means throw him to the fishes, but until then....keep the faith lads!

Could use him for this ^
He was introduced to the media this evening.

g2pwyXZ.png

So,

1. Clearly an intelligent lad, That matters. Little things like saying "my old club" instead of naming the cunts. He's showing us the he wants to be here and he knows why.
2. Rate the confidence. It's real self belief no bravado and fake arrogance.

That interview reminds me of the Maddison one. Very good sign.
He’s got a lot to prove and many naysayers to win over but I think that he, along with the knowledge that Ange has complete confidence in his ability and character will really bring a welcome injection of experience and skill that will push us on and upwards.

He’s got a lot to prove and many naysayers to win over but I think that he, along with the knowledge that Ange has complete confidence in his ability and character will really bring a welcome injection of experience and skill that will push us on and upwards.

Still tempering expectations.

But I like the signing more after that interview.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom