Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So after watching that, the biggest takeaway is that people on social media and lazy pundits have absolutely no fucking idea what they're talking about.

Play him on the wing, keep him on the wing and he'll win us games with the amount of dangerous positions he'll get us into.

Excited.
Yes!

Expectations: Mine are that he will still be shit in front of the goal, or he will fluff that final pass (assist) BUT whilst that will be frustrating I'm extremely confident that his carries and runs off the ball will result in us winning games.

If he is still scuffing shots and missing sitters, the noise around him will be the same as it was at Chelsea, we need to challenge this if that happens. I've mentioned it a few times in this thread but he is our Nunez (assuming that final shot or pass is still crap). Nunez gets all the headlines of being shit, his finishing and final pass are shit BUT his pressing, and his runs off the ball create havoc for oppo defensive lines and LFC profits as a direct result.

If as this piece mentions that he's improved his xG then happy days, but for me my expectation is that his finishing will be shit still and I don't care so long as he makes his runs etc because we will be better for it.

1. Adam Cleary should be on MOTD or Sky
2. This was great, thanks for sharing.

As long as Werner stays on the left, I'm more than a bit optimistic about him here. For certain games (Villa away) a front 3 of

Werner Son Johnson

Is frightening for pace and flexibility. That front 3 can all swap around and all run in behind or round the outside. Absolute nightmare to defend against in a high line and in transition.

Yes!

Expectations: Mine are that he will still be shit in front of the goal, or he will fluff that final pass (assist) BUT whilst that will be frustrating I'm extremely confident that his carries and runs off the ball will result in us winning games.

If he is still scuffing shots and missing sitters, the noise around him will be the same as it was at Chelsea, we need to challenge this if that happens. I've mentioned it a few times in this thread but he is our Nunez (assuming that final shot or pass is still crap). Nunez gets all the headlines of being shit, his finishing and final pass are shit BUT his pressing, and his runs off the ball create havoc for oppo defensive lines and LFC profits as a direct result.

If as this piece mentions that he's improved his xG then happy days, but for me my expectation is that his finishing will be shit still and I don't care so long as he makes his runs etc because we will be better for it.
His PL stats are in line with Deki and Johnson. About 1 GA in three games. Between the three of them per game that's at least one goal per game. In theory. With Sonny and Richie running 1 GA in 2. Madders (when back) hitting 2 in 3.

Solomon (before injury) and Porro are also about 1 in 3 GA. That's a lot of firepower in the first team and backups.

Last edited:
His PL stats are in line with Deki and Johnson, and Solomon. About 1 GA in three games. Between the three of them per game that's at least one goal per game. In theory. With Sonny and Richie running 1 GA in 2. Madders (when back) hitting 2 in 3.

Solomon (before injury) and Porro are also about 1 in 3 GA. That's a lot of firepower in the first team and backups.
Fucking hell, they'll all be tripping over each other in the opponent's penalty box...

Yes!

It's a numbers game, the more you get the ball in to the opposition area the more likely you are to score - Werner presses well, is quick and good running with the ball/beatinga man - that equates to more turnovers high up the pitch, more runs in behind to recieve passes and more take ons to beat defenders, which will lead to more possession in threatening positions and a higher chance of the ball ending up in the back of the net, even if not through Werner directly

Yes!

To be fair to Nunez, for all his shitness he still has 8 goals and 10 assists this season in 1667 minutes (19 games)

If Werner returns anything similar to a goal or assist every 1.02 games for us in this loan, we'd be over the moon and sign him permanently imv

To be fair to Nunez, for all his shitness he still has 8 goals and 10 assists this season in 1667 minutes (19 games)

If Werner returns anything similar to a goal or assist every 1.02 games for us in this loan, we'd be over the moon and sign him permanently imv

Even just narrowed down to the Prem Nunez has 5 goals and 6 assists in 19 games.

We'd all take that from Werner as a loan from the 18/19 games left.

Would it be enough for us to take up the option?

Ange made a great point in the embargoed presser...If Werner had been playing well and scoring goals we wouldn't have been able to afford him in this window...

The midfield is fine though

Personnel-wise it's far from optimum, but the important thing is how they match up against Utd's MF and in that respect I'm fairly confident.

What they don't have (legs and workrate) is something that between them, PEH, Skipp & Bentancur can certainly provide.... Need a big string-pulling performance from Rodrigo tho'.

Last edited:
I think it's a good inclusion to the squad and he is Ange's Spurs Maeda signing , plays either wing or striker , runs all day , gives his all.

May lack in some departments but he'll make up for that in others , at his age in a play style that suits him and a boss who believes in him Timo is an asset. Goals galore from ghosting in at the back post? Hope so.

Werner LW Sonny ST Kulusevski RW Madders CAM is actually a frightening attack and hopefully we see it soon.

Bill Madrid Bill Madrid and Frankfurter Frankfurter
Just a little joke per your list of instructions...I'll remove if you want me to
So weit kommts noch!

Stop Motion No GIF by Mouse

Back
Top Bottom