Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thankfully none of his chances were ones where he should score, but e probably should have hit the target. Outside of his disappointing finishing was a lot of running, some good link up play and an assist. Wasn’t the dream debut he might have hoped for but he certainly contributed to a good point. Overall a decent game and I think he does well for us.

Thought he did well. Strong, incisive running. Some good balls in.

Put it this way, Werner's performance would have been Johnson's best in a Spurs shirt. One's been here all season, the other has had 2 training sessions.

Given a couple of weeks to understand the system/players around him better and I reckon he'll be very useful for us.

It was a good debut and very nice to get an assist too.

I think his pace is going to be a huge asset and he could cause City some big problems with his movement.

Once he gets a bit more confidence he’ll start taking players on more instead of sending it backwards. I think then we will see his true capability in this side. Breaking the lines with his running and carrying.

Even with the wayward shooting if he presses, assists and chips in with the odd goal he’s good value IMHO at the price to make the transfer permanent.
Yeah, I think you're right.

What is it - £13m?

Yeah, for Ange, in this system, that's looking like it should be a good deal.

Good squad option, for how we play.

Bring a lot of flexibility, as he can play across the front.

---Maddison----Son----Werner---
That, for example, would carry a load of threat for any defence.

Smart, experienced player not afraid to take on his man. Looks like he's already comfortable with Ange's system. If he can chip in with a few goals, this will be a very savvy loan.

Hopefully a positive influence on BJ as the lad looks completely shot of confidence.
I suspect Johnson/Deki/Solomon/Werner will all end up rotating with each other when fit and fighting for those spots OR come on from 55/60 mins to keep the intensity.

Yeah, I think you're right.

What is it - £13m?

Yeah, for Ange, in this system, that's looking like it should be a good deal.

Good squad option, for how we play.

Bring a lot of flexibility, as he can play across the front.

---Maddison----Son----Werner---
That, for example, would carry a load of threat for any defence.
Yeah something in the €15m/£13m orbit IIRC which looks good value for what he brings.

Well he can’t shoot :ange-facepalm:

But I like the cut of his jib. Once he gets used to the no passing backwards rule I think he displaces BJ when son is back.

Think he’ll prove to be a good signing

0 times 0 judgement after one game and next to no familiarity with his team mates.

Glad to have him. Fingers crossed it works out.

Last chance for PL glory.

At least he is away from that cnut ridden, traitor filled sh!t club..

I dont know what people were expecting on his debut, after being in the squad for the week? Thought he did quite well, there we no comedy moment of him missing sitters or anything. Was actually quite surprised how well he slotted in.

Last edited:
To which I say, 'A leopard doesn't change its spots'.

...or maybe you know something I don't?
I have no issue with digging a player out for being shit but there’s a grace period which he is well and truly within. We’ve got people on here still defending Johnson for some reason, yet Werner is fair game after playing 70 minutes of football for us.

images

Back
Top Bottom