Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

By my rough workings, if he wants £155k p.w., for 4 years, and if his transfer value is £45m, then by selling him this summer we are £75m better off.

Would we be complaining if that money gets a new younger CB and Ryan Sessignon?
I see Jonny Evans will be available for £3m.......:levyeyes:

By my rough workings, if he wants £155k p.w., for 4 years, and if his transfer value is £45m, then by selling him this summer we are £75m better off.

Would we be complaining if that money gets a new younger CB and Ryan Sessignon?
I see Jonny Evans will be available for £3m.......:levyeyes:

We don't need a centre back if we sell Toby.

But the money going towards Sessegnon and another would be nice.

It is a bit like Ferguson at United with e.g. Stam and Beckham. If you don't want to fit in with the group for whatever reason on you go.

People want to scream “In Poch I trust” every five seconds and then start talking about bad management......because Roberto fucking Martinez says Toby’s fit.
Oh and Toby tweeted COYS.

We saw it all with Walker and people STILL won’t hold the players responsible. It’s always the clubs fault apparently.

As you say, look at the players SAF booted out when they started putting Utd second.

IF and it’s still an IF as far as I’m concerned, the rumors are true, then fuck Toby. Go and play somewhere else then.

We are Tottenham, not some fucking pawn or stepping stone for players and their agents anymore.
If so, and he is fit im glad he’s been dropped. Show some respect or fuck off basically. Same goes for Rose.....how did the tantrum work out for him. I’m done with bad eggs trying to fuck up all the hard work, because City pay 4 times more.

Dele Alli is a 21 year old attacking midfielder who has assisted/scored 70 goals. At 21.

His ''regression'' has lead to 10 goals and 13 assists this season.

He has been inconsistent, but still influential. He's 21 for fuck sake, and you're saying he's regressing? No, it's called learning at that age.

It's you that is utterly ridiculous. Dele Alli is the future of this football club with Harry Kane, Harry Winks and Davinson Sanchez.

Losing Toby would mean we lose out on maybe 2-3 years of good performances. Lose Dele and it's a decade.
Did you not see the bit that said “according to you”?

I don’t think he’s regressing. Sammy does.

Read posts properly before you respond.

Did you not see the bit that said “according to you”?

I don’t think he’s regressing. Sammy does.

Read posts properly before you respond.
He has regressed unless you think he’s playing as well as he did two years ago.

However he has 9 years on Toby, and is a far more unique talent. So I would rather keep him that Toby.

Funny you’ve blasted me all season for critique of Dele, but now you think a player that hasn’t featured since October is more important than him.

We don't need a centre back if we sell Toby.

But the money going towards Sessegnon and another would be nice.
IMO it would be too risky to not replace him with a quality CB.
However, if he is sold and we signed Sessengon, a second striker in the Ayew or Rondon mould or an AM like Malcom, all the same people slating the sale would start shooting off about great business.

“Oh look he had a point so I cut the sentence in half”
You have no point - Dele is a more complete and mature player today than he was 2 years ago at 19. You've just been wanking over that Palace goal for too long and lost perspective that he won't be scoring those every week.

You have no point - Dele is a more complete and mature player today than he was 2 years ago at 19. You've just been wanking over that Palace goal for too long and lost perspective that he won't be scoring those every week.

If I had no point why did you manipulate my post and cut off all the positive stuff I said about him?
You say Im living in the past.....the very post you quoted talked about him having 9 years ahead of Toby and him being a unique talent.

Most people would read that as obviously he has time to grow into something special here, but you read the first three words of the post and that was all that counts for you.

I find it really funny people lauding Dele all season, now arguing with me because I think hes more important than Toby.

I find it really funny people lauding Dele all season, now arguing with me because I think hes more important than Toby.
I've said nothing about Toby or who's more important - you're the one who's now written him off as shit because he's been injured for a while. Lamela was out for 2 years yet and you were here daily berating posters who wrote him off

He has regressed unless you think he’s playing as well as he did two years ago.

However he has 9 years on Toby, and is a far more unique talent. So I would rather keep him that Toby.

Funny you’ve blasted me all season for critique of Dele, but now you think a player that hasn’t featured since October is more important than him.
I’ve never said Toby is more important than Dele or vice versa. But don’t let the truth get in the way of you maintaining an argument.

I’ve only said that we are a stronger squad with Toby and we can’t be sure we haven’t missed him. No more than that.

I've said nothing about Toby or who's more important

Yes it is because I said Dele was more important and you have taken exception to it

you're the one who's now written him off as shit because he's been injured for a while.
Really....?
If its all bollocks, then great because as I’ve said he’s a world class defender.
Ok, if thats what you read in your fucked up little head

Lamela was out for 2 years yet and you were here daily berating posters who wrote him off

Yeah.....and looks like I was right doesnt it. Or werethe posters who wrote him off right in your view

I’ve never said Toby is more important than Dele or vice versa. But don’t let the truth get in the way of you maintaining an argument.

I’ve only said that we are a stronger squad with Toby and we can’t be sure we haven’t missed him. No more than that.

No but I said Dele was more imprtant than Toby, and you chose to take exception to it

I took exception to your 'regressed' bollox and your selective bias on which players to support

And as I said, you cut the post of at the first three words....how can it be selective bias when I think he has a more important future to this club than a player I have called world class.

Anyway, the last week was decent on here, but last night you came back, and the Kane thread went to shit. Im not going to let you turn this thread into some Dele spin off.

Think what you want, you´re a true joke and a shit poster

And as I said, you cut the post of at the first three words....how can it be selective bias when I think he has a more important future to this club than a player I have called world class.

Anyway, the last week was decent on here, but last night you came back, and the Kane thread went to shit. Im not going to let you turn this thread into some Dele spin off.

Think what you want, you´re a true joke and a shit poster
And you're a biased wanker who only chooses to support certain players to suit his agenda. Go back to wishing posters death on here.

Last edited:
No but I said Dele was more imprtant than Toby, and you chose to take exception to it
I did as I find it impossible to quantify. I think we’d be weaker if we lost either player as I find it hard to believe we’d be able to replace like for like.

We’d be more weak if we lost any player at all and don’t replace them with a better option. I can’t think of any centre halves that are as good as or better than Toby that we could buy, therefore I think we’d be weaker if we sold him. Seems logical to me, but I’m not charging around the forum giving it “fuck him if he doesn’t want to sign” on the strength of some journo rumours and Tweets, I suppose.

Our longest unbeaten run in 19yrs without him says we haven't missed him, before he was injured we lost and drew games with him playing (we drew against a lower league side with him playing) so with him playing (pretending he wasn't injured and out) we might have lost and drawn more games than we did without him. But again this is speculation, I'm working off the fact of our record without him the past 5 months and that any football team, even the very, very best don't win every game.

We didn't miss Kane when he was injured last year, because Son scored lots of goals. Everyone now looks back at that period and says "we didn't miss Kane", fans and the media state this because it was so. We might miss Kane now but based on what happened last year and the last game I think we might be alright and there is a calmness within the camp and media as a consequence that we didn't miss Kane last year when he was injured, we'll find out.

All of this points to the sum of our parts as a team, I've never been more relaxed in my lifetime of supporting Spurs that we can lose a player and still perform and compete. Eriksen would be my biggest concern, but Lamela is now just clicking into gear and I have always thought he could do Eriksen's job if he got injured, whilst being very different they both are highly creative.

Okay, so this is where we just have to agree to disagree.

You are saying that there is absolutely now chance that having Toby would have meant that in his missed games 60% of win rate could never have been better for for us (yes, that is the ratio, but you only still bang the 19-game-run point)? That it is absolutely impossible that we could win more games? That we could not have picked up more than 2 points from the run of 4 games in EPL after he got injured? Fine. I think we could have. Yes. It is hypotetical, but still.

And for the last time, what you are saying -
"We did not miss Toby at all during that time"
What I say
"He is still our best defender, and we have done very-very well without him. Yet I still believe that we could have done even bit better with him."

I rest my case with this recap and will not answer further on that specific notion.
Good day.

Back
Top Bottom