Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm still firmly in the "I hope he stays" camp. Sanchez is a good player, but Jan and Toby are the best CB pairing in the league.

There's still time Mr Levy...honestly think he'd rather stay with us in the new stadium and teammates he seems to gel with than go to Manure.

I once had a similar sort of problem trying to help an otherwise intelligent colleague understand that the 21st century began on 1st January 2001 and not 2000. It ran for weeks: he just couldn't get his head around the notion that there was no year zero.

Da fuck u on about... You think we skipped a year or sumthin'? ...Am i suddenly aged 2 on my first birthday?

Any of this sound familiar?:llorishowudoin:

Prediction. Stays... Plays very little... Signs on a pre-deal with a manc club the day after the Jan window closes (maybe after another wave of flirting and posturing from player and agent) and goes for £25m as soon as the window opens in summer 19.

Only a stellar WC stood to resolve all this for us... Haven't heard him receiving any plaudits after any of the games so no longer holding my breath.

Really hope he stays, watching him spraying those beautiful long balls is so nice to watch. Toby & Jan are incredible together and if we are to push for silverware we need to hold on to our best players. Having Jan, Toby & Sanchez is incredible depth at CB along with Foyth & Dier who can fill in.

Really hope he stays, watching him spraying those beautiful long balls is so nice to watch. Toby & Jan are incredible together and if we are to push for silverware we need to hold on to our best players. Having Jan, Toby & Sanchez is incredible depth at CB along with Foyth & Dier who can fill in.
Had a very solid WC. Hopefully united's interest fizzles out & he stays for a good few more years.

I once had a similar sort of problem trying to help an otherwise intelligent colleague understand that the 21st century began on 1st January 2001 and not 2000. It ran for weeks: he just couldn't get his head around the notion that there was no year zero.
I'm so choosing to ignore that .. only by bad maths ... an anomaly of not including year zero is that not adding up

Technically we might be a year out of being in it but the terminology remains correct.

Maybe I've got comprehension issues, but I'm struggling to understand what you're saying here.
? Why
The only reason this is the case is because we didn't start at year 0 AD

We started on year 1

So technically we are out a year

But if you choose to ignore that fuck up ... which I am

Then to say we are in (our terminology) the 21st century is correct the moment year 2000 becomes

? Why
The only reason this is the case is because we didn't start at year 0 AD

We started on year 1

So technically we are out a year

But if you choose to ignore that fuck up ... which I am

Then to say we are in (our terminology) the 21st century is correct the moment year 2000 becomes
I'm absolutely not going to torture myself having this 'debate' again, and I'm certainly not going to do it in the Alderweireld thread.

I'll leave you to carry on ignoring dates that are inconvenient. ;)

Lloris
Toby - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Trippier...............................................Davies
Title winning defence.

Back
Top Bottom