Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought Toby overall had a decent game

Missed Jan though as did the team

Do you really think he is a patch on the Toby of 2 years ago though? We need a quick decision with Toby. Either sign him up and get to work on what his new style of defending does for and against the team or we say "If you don't sign you don't play" and use Foyth to get him ready for next year and look for a replacement.

If Poch wants to play with a high defensive line, Toby must go. If Poch wants a ball playing centre half who lies deep then give him what he wants and sign him up.

Do you really think he is a patch on the Toby of 2 years ago though? We need a quick decision with Toby. Either sign him up and get to work on what his new style of defending does for and against the team or we say "If you don't sign you don't play" and use Foyth to get him ready for next year and look for a replacement.

If Poch wants to play with a high defensive line, Toby must go. If Poch wants a ball playing centre half who lies deep then give him what he wants and sign him up.

Not quite as simple as that but I believe that Toby is on his way back and at his best he is one of the best defenders in the PL

He has had a right go at Trippier during the game so the passion is still there

Keep him and get him to sign a new contract

Not quite as simple as that but I believe that Toby is on his way back and at his best he is one of the best defenders in the PL

He has had a right go at Trippier during the game so the passion is still there

Keep him and get him to sign a new contract

"At his best"

That was two years ago. One thing is crystal clear, he can't play a high line he has to defend deep, so if Poch wants to compress the game, then Toby is not the man for him.

Not having this malarkey about he can't play a highline. He's not Mertesacker ffs.

And a game against Barca is hardly the right one to judge.

He's not rapid but he's not slow.

Nice spot :soldadowatch:
acne-face.jpeg

Thank you!

Yeah. Don't think he's committed. Don't think he is the player he was.

I hate how these international breaks give players a platform to stir the pot. Don't know if you saw his quotes yesterday. Some may think they were innocuous but I've had enough.

Get the cheque book out in January, Baldy.

What exactly are 206 people TALKING about...?

His horizontal cords... or the 1Hotspur Members see-through bag??

I thought this was a classic 1882 quip, but on closer inspection it actually is that bag! I had no idea.

He's going to sign a lifetime contract. Loves the club. Next child to be named Pochettina. Even if it's a boy.

Back
Top Bottom