Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No way can Toby be sold to MU in January for anymoney. Levy can reinforce the view at MU that he is a nightmare to deal with.

If Toby wants to go to Man Ure he just needs to sit out the next six months and pick up the transfer then. Personally I think he'll go to whoever offers him the biggest wage.

If he did go to Man Ure, we spend the money on Lozano and that's that match won!!

If Toby had gone to United then Jose would probably still be there.
tenor.gif

Never ever wanted him to leave (unlike some others on here who wanted rid of him asap despite not knowing the full facts) and so glad he's about. Has been Mr dependable this season and we've bloody needed him with the injuries sustained to his partners.

I think it fair to say that last season, when Vertonghen and Davinson were the mainstay, that many of us probably felt we could do without Alderweireld. This season the guy has thus far been the lynchpin.

He deserves a new contract to now reflect a return to fitness and form. If he goes he will be a loss but unlike some of the present squad (one person in particular) will have my full respect.

I think undoubtedly and as another perverse sign of how unfortunate we have been not to have yet secured honours that we have had the best set of central defenders in the last 3 or 4 years, from whichever duo you wish to pick.

Just pay him the money, Daniel. He deserves a new contract the way he's played recently considering the reportedly fall out last year.
The one thing this club does is reward our player's contracts when they are deemed appropriate, there are numerous players in the squad that are constantly rewarded new deals. Just look at Rose now, he may well earn himself a new deal if the Manager and Club are convinced that he's focused on the Club.

Enough of this "pay him what he wants" bullshit. The club and Poch know exactly what they are doing. A player shouldn't get a new contract for being not injured. If when the time is right the club will let him go or pay him. It's as simple as that.

We've been fucking lucky that he's been fit, whilst having injuries to Vertonghen, Dier, Sanchez and *Foyth (*I can't remember is Foyth has been injured).

Last edited:
He's been good, but he's not been "back to his best" or a "colossass" some of his defending has been excellent, some has been worse than schoolboy. He can't cope against a quick attacker (if anyone in the EPL signs Lozano, Toby will be fodder), and he turns his back on attackers. People thinking that's 2015-17 Toby, are very much mistaken

He's been good, but he's not been "back to his best" or a "colossass" some of his defending has been excellent, some has been worse than schoolboy. He can't cope against a quick attacker (if anyone in the EPL signs Lozano, Toby will be fodder), and he turns his back on attackers. People thinking that's 2015-17 Toby, are very much mistaken

Bit of a strange comment. Can you give any examples of him turning his back on the play or being exposed by pacy forwards in recent weeks? Also, why Lozano? Seems an odd player to pick our when there's a plethora of players with a similar skill set that we and Toby face regularly.

Alderweireld is the best one on one defender in world football. Has been for a few years.

I genuinely cannot remember the last time a quick player gave him a hard time such is the dominance of his defending. His 2015/2016 season is up there with the greatest I have seen from any defender, let alone a Spurs centre back.

I think he has done more than enough to earn a new contract but if his agent is pricing us out, nothing we can do. A shame really, but you can understand why his agent would try it.

Alderweireld is the best one on one defender in world football. Has been for a few years.

I genuinely cannot remember the last time a quick player gave him a hard time such is the dominance of his defending. His 2015/2016 season is up there with the greatest I have seen from any defender, let alone a Spurs centre back.

I think he has done more than enough to earn a new contract but if his agent is pricing us out, nothing we can do. A shame really, but you can understand why his agent would try it.
Lozano ran circles around him in both CL games against PSV

I've said it before but his agent has cost him a fortune

I agree recent Toby is back to his best

I'd again be happy with no ins and our big hitters (Toby , Eriksen ) signing improved contracts

Back
Top Bottom