Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Utter arsehole - just fudged the Toby question and got all tetchy. Revealed himself to be a liar.

Should have clarified his comments at the outset without needing to be asked. Total prick.

Last edited:
Do you have a point mate or are just throwing it out there,?

Alistair Gold seems to think the relationship between Toby and Jose is at the very least volatile.
I'm not particularly interested in the interpersonal relationship between the players and Mourinho.

I don't believe that a manager/coaching staff having warm, friendly or close relationships with the players has any bearing on on-field success. In fact, I'd suggest that many top professional players aren't looking for a paternal or fraternal dynamic with their manager.

I'm mostly curious why our "Rolls Royce of a player", in the prime of his career, available for a song ("only" £25 million + no haggling with Levy necessary), and... crickets...

I have some opinions on this great mystery of the Pochettino era, but no facts.

I think I prefer the days when all things were kept private and in-house. I get that Sky and the rest of the media want their money's worth, but I wish that the team and management did their talking on the pitch and just served up tired old clichés.

Pathetic response.
Had all week to come up with a response and comes up with that.

His response is also quite disrespectful to journalists who are doing their job and to us fans who he is taking for fools.

Its already starting to fall apart.

Starting to fall apart? Like this?
7187828-3x2-940x627.jpg

There is a problem, as we are not using our best CB. He used to be better, but he is still above Dier, Sanchez and Rodon. Mourinho lets his mind games mess up team selections - again.
I agree. IMO, Toby is our best CB, and our results this season (in the Premier League at least) seem to support that.
2wlvw2R.png

I'm not so sure about Mourinho's "mind games".... it seems that he can't win with people who already have a negative opinion of him. He gets caught in a white lie about why he didn't bring Toby + Serge to Newcastle (I'd say he was being respectful to them and trying to protect them...) but persistent "journalists" find evidence that conflicts with his statements. He's a liar. Then, when he's factual ("different manager, same players"), he's arrogant and "throwing the players under the bus."

Every CB has been rotated throughout the season. You could make the argument that Mourinho has been "too fair" to underperforming players.

TOBY
K3AH8CZ.png

SANCHEZ
EYHbmHd.png

DIER
D2F0MdC.png

RODON
FOjnWEm.png

Back
Top Bottom