Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like what he thinks of a new manager matters!
Cheers Toby. Have a nice time at Bruges.

Of course it bloody matters.
He has a contract.
If he thinks the new manager would give us a chance of winning something, then absolutely nothing we can do about it, he stays if he wants to.
Ball is totally in his court.

Of course it bloody matters.
He has a contract.
If he thinks the new manager would give us a chance of winning something, then absolutely nothing we can do about it, he stays if he wants to.
Ball is totally in his court.
It was sarcastic pal. Sorry if that escaped you.
however if this clickbait is, by some incredible fluke, accurate, then if we are relying on players to choose the next manager before they decide their next move... then the club is finished once and for all.
If he stays, great.
if he goes, great.
Id have preferred Jan to stay if I’m honest. More loyal, less scheming.

It was sarcastic pal. Sorry if that escaped you.
however if this clickbait is, by some incredible fluke, accurate, then if we are relying on players to choose the next manager before they decide their next move... then the club is finished once and for all.
If he stays, great.
if he goes, great.
Id have preferred Jan to stay if I’m honest. More loyal, less scheming.

But the article doesn't say anything about him choosing the next manager. It seems more like he is waiting to see who the new manager is to get a sense of what his role would be. Seems like the reasonable thing to do.

Not sure what scheming is going on.

Like what he thinks of a new manager matters!
Cheers Toby. Have a nice time at Bruges.

bruge-gif.gif

But the article doesn't say anything about him choosing the next manager. It seems more like he is waiting to see who the new manager is to get a sense of what his role would be. Seems like the reasonable thing to do.

Not sure what scheming is going on.
Come off it. He’s schemed since his last contract was under discussion. I don’t like Levy but Toby either took shit advice or hedged his bets when his stock was very high. He ended up with a lesser contract than he could have taken 18 months earlier. And that pleases me greatly. He’s been a good player for the club no doubt, but any player who says I’m waiting to see who the next manager is, disrespects the current manager and continues to hedge his bets

Come off it. He’s schemed since his last contract was under discussion. I don’t like Levy but Toby either took shit advice or hedged his bets when his stock was very high. He ended up with a lesser contract than he could have taken 18 months earlier. And that pleases me greatly. He’s been a good player for the club no doubt, but any player who says I’m waiting to see who the next manager is, disrespects the current manager and continues to hedge his bets
Ok Igula Igula
I hope there’s a compelling disagree argument on the horizon

What?

The current manager is a caretaker manager, his waiting to see who comes doesn't disrespect anyone. It is the smart thing to do.

If we saved money on his contract then good for us but sucks for him as he has been nothing but a great player for us and we have been lucky to have him. This season would have been a disaster had he not been here to be the one good CB that we have.

He hasn't schemed in any way.

the club would throw him under the bus just as quickly... players have to negotiate as best they can... to his credit he's continued to play generally well.

What?

The current manager is a caretaker manager, his waiting to see who comes doesn't disrespect anyone. It is the smart thing to do.

If we saved money on his contract then good for us but sucks for him as he has been nothing but a great player for us and we have been lucky to have him. This season would have been a disaster had he not been here to be the one good CB that we have.

He hasn't schemed in any way.
Lol. He’s been anything but great the last 2 seasons. Bang average, getting over the hill, & slightly bitter. You play for the manager (& team mates). Whoever that is and whatever their standing. You don’t publicly say that you’re waiting to see who the next manager is before you decide what you’ll do next. He’s a cheeky and disrespectful cunt

Don't have anything against Toby but he's 32, visibly declining, and its not like he's been Mr. Tottenham. Better for everyone to go their separate ways, if he stays he needs to do so as 3rd choice...which I doubt is appealing to him.

It's Jan we should have allowed to stay until he couldn't walk. Proper servant of the club.

Don't have anything against Toby but he's 32, visibly declining, and its not like he's been Mr. Tottenham. Better for everyone to go their separate ways, if he stays he needs to do so as 3rd choice...which I doubt is appealing to him.

It's Jan we should have allowed to stay until he couldn't walk. Proper servant of the club.
Ah. The voice of reason.

Lol. He’s been anything but great the last 2 seasons. Bang average, getting over the hill, & slightly bitter. You play for the manager (& team mates). Whoever that is and whatever their standing. You don’t publicly say that you’re waiting to see who the next manager is before you decide what you’ll do next. He’s a cheeky and disrespectful cunt

What bitterness?

He was screwed around this year and everytime he was asked to come back in the team he was great.

Bang average??? Bwahahahahaha by far our best CB and easily one of the top CBs in the PL.

You obviously have some ridiculous gripe with him which makes no sense considering what he has done for this club.

There is nothing disrespectful at all to say he is waiting for the new manager, such a made up criticism from a pathetic individual to try and crap on someone they clearly dislike for no reason.

If we bring in 3 CBs better than him then sure let him go, but if not we are likely going to be left with a terrible group of CB's.

Anderson, for example as a guy we are linked to, is not an upgrade. Maybe we take him because he is a long term asset but if we are going with guys like Anderson, Rodon, Dier and Sanchez as our CBs next season is going to suck.

Which bit(s) do you disagree with?
1- he’s not been great last 2 seasons?
2- he’s getting over the hill?
3- he’s slightly bitter?
4- you play for your manager and team mates whoever they are?
5- you don’t publicly assassinate the current manager by saying you’re waiting to see who replaces him before you decide what’s next?

He can fuck off to Bruges if that article is accurate & he won’t be missed.

Which bit(s) do you disagree with?
1- he’s not been great last 2 seasons?
2- he’s getting over the hill?
3- he’s slightly bitter?
4- you play for your manager and team mates whoever they are?
5- you don’t publicly assassinate the current manager by saying you’re waiting to see who replaces him before you decide what’s next?

He can fuck off to Bruges if that article is accurate & he won’t be missed.

1, 3, 4, 5 are all complete BS.

Assassinate the current manager?? Bwahahahahahaha

What the fuck are you talking about? Mason is a caretaker, we are looking for a new manager there is no assassination going on, no disresepct.

It is laughable how you are trying to make up some wrong doing when there is clearly nothing wrong done at all.

He won't be missed? He is by far the best CB we have and likely the bet CB we will have next season as well. But sure no big deal to just let your best CB leave, its not an important position or a weakness at the club.

1, 3, 4, 5 are all complete BS.

Assassinate the current manager?? Bwahahahahahaha

What the fuck are you talking about? Mason is a caretaker, we are looking for a new manager there is no assassination going on, no disresepct.

It is laughable how you are trying to make up some wrong doing when there is clearly nothing wrong done at all.

He won't be missed? He is by far the best CB we have and likely the bet CB we will have next season as well. But sure no big deal to just let your best CB leave, its not an important position or a weakness at the club.
What happens if Mason gets us into Europe and is appointed manager you dipstick?
Not saying that’s what I want, but can you rule it out?
Toby has already undermined him as a “caretaker” applying your logic, unless you’re suddenly about to suggest he’s going to dance a jig and stay if Ryan gets the gig full time? As for being our best CB and all that other bollocks you’re going off with, it doesn’t take much. Look at our season and he is our senior CB. He’s not in the top 10 CB’s in the premier league any more. Let alone a top 4 CB.
He’s been a good player for us. I won’t ever doubt that. But he’s been bang average for a long time now & “shining” in our defence is t a great endorsement of his continued genius.

He's too old to be a starting CB at any top six club, doesn't mean he isn't our best defender just that he can't play 50 games a season ...

If he leaves we will need a very good replacement, if he stays we will need a very good new CB - Either way we still need 1/2 quality new CB's .... Toby at 32 is just a make-weight now

He's too old to be a starting CB at any top six club, doesn't mean he isn't our best defender just that he can't play 50 games a season ...

If he leaves we will need a very good replacement, if he stays we will need a very good new CB - Either way we still need 1/2 quality new CB's .... Toby at 32 is just a make-weight now
Fuckinell another voice of reason. Shit my bags

You have had an absolute mare there.
Unless you somehow think Mason is the only person in the country who does not know he is only our manager for the next 2 games, even though Mason himself has said that.

Toby is not disrespecting, let alone publicly assassinating Mason in any conceivable way, shape or form.

Back
Top Bottom