Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surprised it’s Qatar rather than Europe, but I guess he’s got to go wherever the offers are.
I’ll be sad to see him go, but with his age and him having only a year left on his contract it’s better for all parties that he goes now. Best of luck to him though, he was fantastic with Jan.

He is our best centre back and last of the Poch back 4 to go

Wish him all the best, he was incredible
I wish him all the best, was for a couple of seasons (with Vertonghen) one of the best CB's in the league but hasn't been anywhere near that since returning from doing his hammy in about 3 or even 4 seasons ago!! I absolutely do not see him as our "best CB", he's a liability with his lack of pace and very poor in the air. Whoever the other CB is that plays alongside him they are the ones being asked to do all of his running for him, this has a massive effect on how we play and why we've been shit (not the sole reason), he can't even reproduce his once superb diagonal ping passes anymore.

If this is true, it's a fucking brilliant piece of business!! (I'm not fully aware of most of the players we've been linked with and confirmed as done deals other than Gill (who's raw but mustard, every bit as good as Sancho IMO!!!) but to get this sum of money for a player that gets outsprinted by Giroud and clears +£120k pw wages off our books is a masterstroke - as per Gill - Lamela swap. Very, very impressive work from our new DoF if these come off).

I suppose all good things come to an end. Not belittling his contribution by any means, but he does seem to be in the thick of things when there's any reports of dressing room unrest.
We have missed the nearly unbeatable partnership of Super Jan and Toby, no argument about that, but we now need to build another solid centre back pairing pretty quickly. Let's hope the recruitment team are on it right now.
I wish Toby well.

He is by far our best CB and we are unlikely to bring in 2 CB's better but he understandably was ready to move on so probably the best thing for him to be sold.

The deal is hardly a great deal but if it is one that makes Toby happy and works for the club then great.

It will be a sad day when he leaves as he has been great for us from day 1 right until his final game.

He is by far our best CB and we are unlikely to bring in 2 CB's better but he understandably was ready to move on so probably the best thing for him to be sold.

The deal is hardly a great deal but if it is one that makes Toby happy and works for the club then great.

It will be a sad day when he leaves as he has been great for us from day 1 right until his final game.
It won't be sad at all.

Buh bye!

I think the 'end of an era' feeling is finally happening...
Toby is the last of that 'Poch back four' alongside Jan, Trippier & Walker....
now it looks like he's going, all we are left with is the head scratching notion that arguably one of the best back fours (PLUS Hugo) in recent Spurs memory, STILL never helped us win a trophy!

I suppose all good things come to an end. Not belittling his contribution by any means, but he does seem to be in the thick of things when there's any reports of dressing room unrest.
We have missed the nearly unbeatable partnership of Super Jan and Toby, no argument about that, but we now need to build another solid centre back pairing pretty quickly. Let's hope the recruitment team are on it right now.
I wish Toby well.
Yeah, I wish him well. But Jan was the hero, not Toby. Spent a year leaving us twisting about his leaving, which was only undone because he was injury hit and less than dominant and when summer came none of the "big" clubs wanted him anymore.

Yeah, I wish him well. But Jan was the hero, not Toby. Spent a year leaving us twisting about his leaving, which was only undone because he was injury hit and less than dominant and when summer came none of the "big" clubs wanted him anymore.
Agree 1,000,000%, Super Jan was the main man, but at the top of their game, they were an amazing partnership, the best since Ledley and Woodgate, IMO.

Agree 1,000,000%, Super Jan was the main man, but at the top of their game, they were an amazing partnership, the best since Ledley and Woodgate, IMO.
Jan was the legend and had to play with some total muppets before his mate showed up, he did respect Daws though, shows what kind of man Jan is

sad to see Toby go, we are the most fucked at the back we have been in years, unless Rodon suddenly goes up 2 gears as the rest are terrible

yes seeing Ledley and Woodgate dismantle Drogba to the point he has to be subbed was magical, they were like the ballet

Lol says the Canadian whose never been within 2000 miles of WHL

:nunolol:

Again with the made up nonsense.

First off who cares where someone is from, it has zero impact on how much they are a fan, but to then make up stuff about me being to WHL when you clearly have no idea is even more odd.

I know you have an obsession with me shown by how much you post about me, but the fantasies should at some point end. There are much better things to focus on than someone you have no clue about.

Again with the made up nonsense.

First off who cares where someone is from, it has zero impact on how much they are a fan, but to then make up stuff about me being to WHL when you clearly have no idea is even more odd.

I know you have an obsession with me shown by how much you post about me, but the fantasies should at some point end. There are much better things to focus on than someone you have no clue about.
More drivel!

Off topic and maybe it has been addressed but what is it with Spurs fan (my be all football fans but I haven't seen it from other clubs) and their hatred of fans not born and raised right in White Hart Lane?

It is an English thing because when I travelled to the UK for rugby everyone I met thought it was great to see fans from all over the world supporting rugby and their clubs.

It isn't a sports thing because I follow multiple NA sports and have seen international fans get tons of support when they mention they follow team x. Fans support them and love to see the team getting support all over the world.

But for Spurs fans if you are not born and raised, with 6 generations born and raised as well, with in touching distance of White Hart Lane to many that somehow makes you a lesser fan. And I am not talking about just on here or me either, but it is widespread and against many different fans/countries.

Is it a small minority, is it a bigger issue than Spurs/English supporters and a football thing?

It seems like such an odd and pathetic criticism to bring up where someone is from and yet is done so regularly by many "fans" when someone not from London supports that club.

Off topic and maybe it has been addressed but what is it with Spurs fan (my be all football fans but I haven't seen it from other clubs) and their hatred of fans not born and raised right in White Hart Lane?

It is an English thing because when I travelled to the UK for rugby everyone I met thought it was great to see fans from all over the world supporting rugby and their clubs.

It isn't a sports thing because I follow multiple NA sports and have seen international fans get tons of support when they mention they follow team x. Fans support them and love to see the team getting support all over the world.

But for Spurs fans if you are not born and raised, with 6 generations born and raised as well, with in touching distance of White Hart Lane to many that somehow makes you a lesser fan. And I am not talking about just on here or me either, but it is widespread and against many different fans/countries.

Is it a small minority, is it a bigger issue than Spurs/English supporters and a football thing?

It seems like such an odd and pathetic criticism to bring up where someone is from and yet is done so regularly by many "fans" when someone not from London supports that club.
Don't be silly, you're tarring everyone with the same brush here.

Back
Top Bottom