Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sure he's a nice kid, he's a Spurs boy and all that other cliche bollocks but Premiership football is cut-throat and you can't afford passengers....
Sorry Tom.
whisper it - but I think he's shit too.....
However i really dont rate the lad at all bless him. I have a game where we go mental everytime he passes forwards, its as rare as him scoring a goal.
Don't like to say it about one of our own but I'm not sure he will ever be good enough to play alongside Dier.

All this worry about slating 'one of our own'... don't feel bad. Samways, Howells, Moran, Robson, the Polsten brothers were all 'one of our own' and they were God awful for the most part... (apart from when Moran tore Derby a new one just before Christmas 1988... but other than that, a waif-like wispy shower of shite!

...they can't all be Kane!! ..and even he took a while to convince everyone!!

All this worry about slating 'one of our own'... don't feel bad. Samways, Howells, Moran, Robson, the Polsten brothers were all 'one of our own' and they were God awful for the most part... (apart from when Moran tore Derby a new one just before Christmas 1988... but other than that, a waif-like wispy shower of shite!

...they can't all be Kane!! ..and even he took a while to convince everyone!!
And Carroll has been around as long as Kane in the first team, if not with more exposure, at least under AVB.

If Villa weren't in the trouble they are right now, I'd see him fitting in somewhere like that.
Otherwise, he's got "late '80s ex-Spurs youth player ends up at Norwich" written all over him!

At no point have I blamed him for a loss. I've said he's not good enough, which he isn't. I've said it for years.
He is too lightweight for the position alongside Dier & not good enough to play anywhere else. Smaller players have to have guile or sheer ability to get the crowd on its feet, or be better pound for pound & make a valuable contribution to the team. I just don't get that vibe at all from him.

Bazali Bazali how can you disagree with me saying if you criticise Tom Carroll you will face disagrees then disagree with half the comments criticising him?:adewtf:

I simply disagree with your criticism of him but respect your opinion

The 1st disagree was a bit tongue in cheek tho!
Irony I think

ArcespacE would have been proud of me.....I think!

But all of these posters getting on the lad's back annoy me

Was it his fault that nobody picked up Huth when he scored?
Bearing in mind he wasn't on the pitch at the time!

I think we need to trust our manager who clearly sees something in him

:pochsmirk:

Has 98 appearances in English football. How many man of the match performances you reckon he's put in?

Both Swansea and QPR deemed him not good enough. Says something.

On that argument both Norwich and Leicester deemed Harry wasn't good enough!

He is now......

Harry has proven it though, Tom has not.

It took Harry until a year last November to come good , arguably saving Poch's job, so let's give the lad some slack!

I see what some are saying in that he does appear a bit lightweight at times but he's a tidy player moving the ball quickly forward which we want surely and what about his goal against Norwich?

It took Harry until a year last November to come good , arguably saving Poch's job, so let's give the lad some slack!

I see what some are saying in that he does appear a bit lightweight at times but he's a tidy player moving the ball quickly forward which we want surely and what about his goal against Norwich?
He's 23, Harry started coming good at 21. He's had enough appearances and opportunities. How much slack we wanna give him? 35 games not enough? Let alone his QPR and Swansea appearances. He will never be good enough.

Moving the ball forward quickly? lol. Rarely passes it forward.

You suggested someone did.
Of course, his thread is lit up like a beacon after we lose a game.

It is ironic, we win and everyone talking how great we are as a team, a team striped of ego's and players fighting for each other. No longer a one man team, our strength recognised as a sum greater than it's parts. Blah, blah, blah...

We lose and we turn to a single player to point the finger. No problem in talking the pro-s and cons of individual players, but he is quite literally the only player being talked about and whilst I myself am not sold on him yet, I am scratching my head to think of a moment he let us down last night.

Of course, his thread is lit up like a beacon after we lose a game.

It is ironic, we win and everyone talking how great we are as a team, a team striped of ego's and players fighting for each other. No longer a one man team, our strength recognised as a sum greater than it's parts. Blah, blah, blah...

We lose and we turn to a single player to point the finger. No problem in talking the pro-s and cons of individual players, but he is quite literally the only player being talked about and whilst I myself am not sold on him yet, I am scratching my head to think of a moment he let us down last night.
Numerous misplaced passes, his forte apparently. Complete lack of bollocks in competing aerially or in a tackle. Horrible defensive positional awareness.

He's being talk about because I and others have seen enough. Like Soldado and Townsend, put him out to pasture.

Walker, Lamela, Davies were also wank last night, but they've performed really well all year. Carroll has not.

Some people suggested he was good at the weekend. That baffles me. If that's the standard of central midfield play people are looking for, we are in big trouble.

Numerous misplaced passes, his forte apparently. Complete lack of bollocks in competing aerially or in a tackle. Horrible defensive positional awareness.

He's being talk about because I and others have seen enough. Like Soldado and Townsend, put him out to pasture.

Walker, Lamela, Davies were also wank last night, but they've performed really well all year. Carroll has not.

Some people suggested he was good at the weekend. That baffles me. If that's the standard of central midfield play people are looking for, we are in big trouble.
His performance was no more or no less good/poor a performance as another player. No one had a shocker, no one played a blinder. Everyone was probably between a 6 to a 7 out of ten last night, but let's all talk about Carroll.

His performance was no more or no less good/poor a performance as another player. No one had a shocker, no one played a blinder. Everyone was probably between a 6 to a 7 out of ten last night, but let's all talk about Carroll.
Did you watch the game?! Walker had an absolute weston. Not even close to a 6.

What you don't seem to be getting is this discussion of Carroll is not based on last night, but a collection of performances he's put in.

Did you watch the game?! Walker had an absolute weston. Not even close to a 6.

What you don't seem to be getting is this discussion of Carroll is not based on last night, but a collection of performances he's put in.

But you said on another thread that you preferred Bentelab based on last season!

:ap:

That's crap!

Tommy is a far better player in that he passes the ball to his teammates, he doesn't showboat and is not a liability with his tackles.

So please tell me why you know better than Poch who selects him!

Back
Top Bottom