Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Leicester need 4 wins
Chelsea Need 4 wins and a draw

If those two things happen we can't get top 4.

Its a longshot shall we say

6 games to play & they play each other.
Chelsea also have the task of playing City before they have secured the title and some other really tough games.
Leicester finish the season playing United, Chelsea & us.

This is well on until we fuck it up ourselves.

Leicester need 4 wins
Chelsea Need 4 wins and a draw

If those two things happen we can't get top 4.

True but Chelsea play Leicester so they can't both win that, and we play Leicester .... and remember Chelsea and Leicester have to play an extra fixture with the FA Cup final ... don't give up just yet.

Leicester only need three wins and a draw to finish ahead of us. Yes they have some tough games but I think they will get it done. They're not really falling apart like last season.

If anything I think we need Leicester to beat Chelsea and clinch top four before the last day so they relax against us (if we have anything to play for at that time).

Let’s just focus on our games instead of worrying about others. If we win our remaining games, we’re in with a shot, if we don’t, it’ll be unlikely. The teams above us are guaranteed to drop points so we need to be taking all the three points each game to take advantage of it

Wish we’d have sacked Jose a month or two ago, might have had a real chance of top 4. We are now reliant on other fucking up to some degree.

Jose a man who has declined so much that Ryan Mason produces better football in his first game than we have for many many months.

Leicester only need three wins and a draw to finish ahead of us. Yes they have some tough games but I think they will get it done. They're not really falling apart like last season.

If anything I think we need Leicester to beat Chelsea and clinch top four before the last day so they relax against us (if we have anything to play for at that time).

Agree.

We only need 1 spot so with Leicester being so far ahead and with a game in hand I think best for them to beat Chelsea and get 3rd comfortably so that the game at the end doesn't matter and we focus on 4th.

I still think the problem is that there are too many teams. We can finish ahead of any of WH, Liverpool or Chelsea individually not confident that we can finish ahead of all of them. But a week ago it was impossible, at least now we have a chance, even if it is a tiny chance.

Despite Liverpool dropping points against Newcastle our top 6 hopes are still hanging by a thread.The scum keeper throwing one in against Everton hasn’t helped either.
Having analysed all relevant fixtures for the rest of the season I think only five wins will suffice to have any chance of top 4.12/13 points should be enough for EL.10 points or less and sadly I think we are booked for 7th at best.
Tough ask whatever way you look at it.

The only reason we are even in the conversation is because other teams are faltering so hard. The one thing we have going for us is that everyone has already dismissed and forgotten about us.

It would be an astonishing achievement for us to get top 4 from this position, and the pressure is immense. We have no room for any mistakes.

In the end there are just too many teams in front of us and even some behind that can leap frog us with games in hand etc. Let’s just take each game as it comes and win this cup final.

Leicesters next three games are Palace, Southampton & Newcastle. They would be expected to get three wins from those games. That would put them very close to safe.
That will be their aim, next 3 games to seal top 4 and ease off the last few preparing for the Cup final, which benefits us of course....

We simply have to win the last 5, after that we are in the hands of fate.....

Back
Top Bottom