Top 4? 2020/2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finishing position 2020/2021

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unfortunately I think we’re a mid table team with nothing to play for

We may be a midtable team right now but somehow we do still have something to play for.

5 wins seems unrealistic as a whole but when you take each game individually and factor in no midweek disruptions, we are definitely favourites to win the first 4.
3 home games and one away to Leeds whose number I think we have.

We've beaten 3 of them already and only drew with Wolves because of Jose's sit back and pray tactics - they have been shit this season. Maybe now we will commit to being on the front foot more as we saw in the second half against Southampton.

Obviously away at Leicester is the tough one but they are known bottlers and if we can go into the last day with their position in doubt we have a chance.

We may be a midtable team right now but somehow we do still have something to play for.

5 wins seems unrealistic as a whole but when you take each game individually and factor in no midweek disruptions, we are definitely favourites to win the first 4.
3 home games and one away to Leeds whose number I think we have.

We've beaten 3 of them already and only drew with Wolves because of Jose's sit back and pray tactics - they have been shit this season. Maybe now we will commit to being on the front foot more as we saw in the second half against Southampton.

Obviously away at Leicester is the tough one but they are known bottlers and if we can go into the last day with their position in doubt we have a chance.
I agree in general apart from 2 things.
1. Weve played on front foot 1 half of 4 since jose got the boot. Played off the park in other 3 halves.
2. We're known as bigger bottlers than leicester

I agree in general apart from 2 things.
1. Weve played on front foot 1 half of 4 since jose got the boot. Played off the park in other 3 halves.
2. We're known as bigger bottlers than leicester
1. 2 of those halves were against City. Most teams get played off the park by them.
2. Who will prevail in the battle of the bottlers?

Man U surely have to be hit with a heavy points deduction for these shameful scenes at Old Trafford. That’ll get us bang in contention for Top
4 again.

Man U surely have to be hit with a heavy points deduction for these shameful scenes at Old Trafford. That’ll get us bang in contention for Top
4 again.

Quite enjoying those scenes tbh.

Actions not words.

edit I saw some people on a pitch earlier - didn’t look that shameful. More a bit of exuberant behaviour. If anybody has died since then I agree it’s shameful.

Quite enjoying those scenes tbh.

Actions not words.

edit I saw some people on a pitch earlier - didn’t look that shameful. More a bit of exuberant behaviour. If anybody has died since then I agree it’s shameful.
You’re okay with police officers attacked by young hoodlums and smashing up cameras and criminal damage to property?

Sky after their principled stand on the European Super League have moved on to giving their former Man U player pundits a platform to advocate that Man U sign the best players from Aston Villa and Tottenham for next season.

You’re okay with police officers attacked by young hoodlums and smashing up cameras and criminal damage to property?

Sky after their principled stand on the European Super League have moved on to giving their former Man U player pundits a platform to advocate that Man U sign the best players from Aston Villa and Tottenham for next season.
Isnt it some joke? Sky hypocrites
A lot of the utd fans carrying bags of cans onto pitch etc too.

Isnt it some joke? Sky hypocrites
A lot of the utd fans carrying bags of cans onto pitch etc too.
They’re something else. Gary Neville droning on about the type of owner he’d like at his beloved ‘United’ or more to the point to the type of owner that shouldn’t be involved in the game. Gary has a co-owner at Salford FC who was recently arrested in relation to a domestic violence incident.

I spent my late teenage years / early 20s illegal raving. And on a few weekends at various protests that involved the police and what you’d call shameful behaviour I guess.

I’m not going to be hypocritical about these kids tbh.

How did people think this was going to go??

Take it one game at a time and see what happens. If we could win the next three games, I suspect we could very well find ourselves going to Leicester for the last game of the season in a position where a win will see us finishing above them.

Simple now, we win all our games and Leicester lose to Chelsea and United and we are there. Also if get Chelsea get less than 7 points from their last four we could do it which isn't impossible considering their run in (City, Woolwich, Leicester and Villa).

who are our last games?
Leeds (a)
Wolves (h)
Villa (h)
Leicester (a)

Next three are exactly the fixtures you want (on paper anyway) this time of the season. Three teams who are going to finish mid table and are playing for nothing at this stage of the season.

I really am starting to think that Leicester away in our last game of the season will be a winner takes all for a Champions league place

Chelsea last 4

Man City
Leicester
Woolwich
Villa

Leicester last 4

Newcastle
Man U
Chelsea
Us

If we win out it can happen.......

DRCiZJH.png