Top Four Here We Come: EPL Fixtures Released 18 June 2024 at 09:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are You Looking Forward To The New Season?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I normally hate it when there's no football, but I can't say I've felt the same this year.
I couldn't wait for the season to end, I sold my Burnley ticket and didn't go to the City game and tbh, didn't miss it.

I renewed this season again but I'm struggling to feel the excitement at all.

I normally hate it when there's no football, but I can't say I've felt the same this year.
I couldn't wait for the season to end, I sold my Burnley ticket and didn't go to the City game and tbh, didn't miss it.

Sarcastic Idc GIF

Mrs wants to go away for a few days in Sept, told her we'd need to wait till Tuesday morning before we decide.

She asked why and wasn't too impressed when I said we had to wait for the fixtures to come out!!

😂

Mrs wants to go away for a few days in Sept, told her we'd need to wait till Tuesday morning before we decide.

She asked why and wasn't too impressed when I said we had to wait for the fixtures to come out!!

😂
How long has she known you? Mine always checks the schedule before booking anything.

Actually I've just noticed you said that she wants to go away for a few days.

How does that affect you and the Spurs schedule? Sounds like a win-win to me.
The week she wants is a EL week, so mid week we could be home, if the PL fixture preceding is away then happy days. We'll go over a weekend.

Away from home first and last games again?....

What other quirks will the 'random' fixture generator throw up
We’ll be playing teams away from home who have just come off some difficult away fixtures themselves, just so they can bounce back against us. Felt like it happened lots last season. Obviously all random though

My 2p, take the summer off. Stop engaging about transfers and spending and Levy and Ange and the like. Enjoy the sunshine and other pursuits, then come back when there's a squad and matches and just worry about what's on the pitch.

The transfer window stuff was always bollocks, even when it was just in the tabs. But with SM now it's probably one of the worst things about football. Almost entirely made up garbage that generally just creates angst- supporters get livid about "losing" players the club never even had an interest in or "blowing" transfers the other club and/or player weren't interested in.

Stop worrying about Levy and the back office - it's out of everyone's hands and no amount of anger is going to fix it. The only thing granting it mental bandwidth will do is rob your enjoyment of the football.

And if you can't? Find another club (non-league, lower league, foreign, etc.) and give them your football energy. Life's too short to be miserable about that shit.

My 2p, take the summer off. Stop engaging about transfers and spending and Levy and Ange and the like. Enjoy the sunshine and other pursuits, then come back when there's a squad and matches and just worry about what's on the pitch.

The transfer window stuff was always bollocks, even when it was just in the tabs. But with SM now it's probably one of the worst things about football. Almost entirely made up garbage that generally just creates angst- supporters get livid about "losing" players the club never even had an interest in or "blowing" transfers the other club and/or player weren't interested in.

Stop worrying about Levy and the back office - it's out of everyone's hands and no amount of anger is going to fix it. The only thing granting it mental bandwidth will do is rob your enjoyment of the football.

And if you can't? Find another club (non-league, lower league, foreign, etc.) and give them your football energy. Life's too short to be miserable about that shit.

I put the trf thread on ignore this summer.....

"I see trees of green..... Red roses too...."

It's been lovely so far.

Main one I’m interested in is Everton away and going to that old ground for the last time.

What I really want to know is days and kick off times. Until you know that, away days are a bit tricky to plan.

Back
Top Bottom