Top Pitch Invasion You Have Witnessed

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After the Tottenham game up in Baltimore, I ventured down to Washington to see DC United v. PSG. Beyond seeing Ibra only take a few minutes to troll defenders and score in his first game for PSG, I think I have a new leader for best pitch invasion that I've seen in person.

The game was delayed about 50 minutes because of lightning so all of the ushers/cops were not near the pitch. About 30 minutes into the delay, this guy hopped over the railing close to where I was sitting with a full beer in hand, and sprinted to the middle of the pitch. Then he chugged his entire beer, spiked the cup on the ground, and put his arms up to a loud roar to those still out in their (covered) seats. After that, he (smartly) ran to the DC United supporters section that was singing throughout the delay and jumped in.

I think the cops might have found him but it might have been his stupid friend that followed him across the pitch and didn't do anything worthwhile that they pulled out of the crowd. Anyway, with that, has anybody else witnessed a memorable pitch invasion?

DCspurs said:
After the Tottenham game up in Baltimore, I ventured down to Washington to see DC United v. PSG. Beyond seeing Ibra only take a few minutes to troll defenders and score in his first game for PSG, I think I have a new leader for best pitch invasion that I've seen in person.

The game was delayed about 50 minutes because of lightning so all of the ushers/cops were not near the pitch. About 30 minutes into the delay, this guy hopped over the railing close to where I was sitting with a full beer in hand, and sprinted to the middle of the pitch. Then he chugged his entire beer, spiked the cup on the ground, and put his arms up to a loud roar to those still out in their (covered) seats. After that, he (smartly) ran to the DC United supporters section that was singing throughout the delay and jumped in.

I think the cops might have found him but it might have been his stupid friend that followed him across the pitch and didn't do anything worthwhile that they pulled out of the crowd. Anyway, with that, has anybody else witnessed a memorable pitch invasion?
Lol I was there and they didn't get him, they only got his friend. That was pretty funny.

I've never been at a game where there's been a full pitch invasion, with thousands of fans running onto the pitch. I was at a game where a streaker ran onto the pitch though.

mot memorable for me was quite a while back in the premier league when we were playing west ham at home.
I think it kicked off after Samassi Abou hacked down one of our players and players from both teams waded in with loads of pushing and shoving. Harry Redknapp (managing west ham at the time) even came on and shoved colin calderwood, who shoved him back.
The visiting hammers fans saw this as an excuse to try and invade the pitch.

The stewards were having a tough time trying to control the situation until, out of nowhere, that massive steward with the dreadlocks, wearing a suit (anyone remember that guy. think he was in charge of park lane security?) came to the rescue and we saw him round house kick a couple of stupid spammers who had broken through. I swear to god he full on Bruce Lee'd these fuckers. The rest of the fans quickly backed off while this steward guy stood there like Neo in The Matrix when he does that 'come and have go' hand movement thing.

Oh and there was the time that bloke ran on to punch frank lampard in te FA cup replay and sadly missed.
(ok maybe not sadly as we probably would have been docked points/forced to play games behind closed doors)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcWsMeZZYzg[/youtube]

My little video of going on the pitch at Underhill.

There was a fella who sat a couple of rows in front of me in the Shelf, I think he thought he was a bit :nawty: (loved a bit of Stone Island and that).

Anyway, during the North London Derby at home a few years back (think it was 2006) the scum had won a questionable free kick just outside the area at the Park Lane end over by us, I think it was Fabregas who was standing over the ball and everyone was understandably giving him a lot of stick, but this fella was going mad, proper foaming at the mouth. All of a sudden he jumped the advertising boards and just started bowling towards Fabregas, he got rugby tackled by about 5 stewards in seconds and I never saw him at the Lane again after that but it was proper funny though.

I think the commentator briefly mentioned it on MoTD but other than that I never heard anything about it. Him and his mate always made me laugh anyway because they never really joined in with any singing, they just went absolutely fucking mental at opposition players, proper wild eyed and that, was fucking hilarious.

S.L.R said:
I've never been at a game where there's been a full pitch invasion, with thousands of fans running onto the pitch. I was at a game where a streaker ran onto the pitch though.

I was at Man City v Spurs 93.

Was (I don't remember why before anyone starts calling me Palarse) at Selhurst when they played Bham last game of the season one year,think it was the old div 2. Bham fans ran riot at one point (in fancy dress) storming the pitch and invading any terrace they could access,and the pitch only got cleared when the old bill steamed in,1 or 2 on horses. Don't think I'll ever again see A) a horse on a football pitch or B) a fan being punched in the face by Margaret Thatcher

Millwall's last game at the old Den, some time around 1993 or 1994. Against Bristol Rovers (I think). Hundreds of fans climbed over fences to get on the pitch at various times, especially near the end, and many went back to their seats with grassy souvenirs. There were lumps of turf missing all over the pitch, penalty spots gone. After the game the ground was destroyed. Everything that could be removed was removed - the goal posts, huge signs, many seats. A load of signs outside the ground also disappeared. I went home on the train with a big piece of turf on a nice yellow Millwall seat.

Fun times with my big brother. I was only 8 or 9 at the time. :ade:

: Top Pitch Invasion You Have Witnessed

Typical Millwall pikey scum ;)

I'm kidding PTC, I love you, no homo and all that.

Re: : Top Pitch Invasion You Have Witnessed

Ramsingh said:
Typical Millwall pikey scum ;)

I'm kidding PTC, I love you, no homo and all that.
No. I'm a middle-class Blackheath wannabe pikey scum. I was trying to learn from the experts. :adegrin2:

I tried to keep the grass alive in our back garden, but to no avail. My mother wasn't impressed with me or my brother when we went home. :klinsmann: No idea what happened to the seat.

A remember a streaker away to Watford during a pre season friendly when I was a young'en. I still chuckle thinking about the glee in his face and the ferociousness of his willy waving as he sprinted across the pitch.

my dad was telling me about a time they went up to, maybe villa away, but could be wrong, probably in the late 70s early 80s, and when the spurs fans arrived there was no one at the stadium, and they all ended up on the pitch before the game. then the rozzers came and it all kicked off i guess...

only pitch invasion ive witnessed at a game was when we beat Wimbledon in the semi final of the worthington cup when Iverson and Ginola scored.
Never forget the streaker from Anfield from two seasons ago, when he ran to the middle of the pitch and started doing cartwheels :roflmao:

anfield-cat-56732917.jpg

Back
Top Bottom