Totally football pod versus guardian podcast

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which do you prefer

• Total voters
I don't why but I feel that the total football show is snearing towards Tottenham as the guardian football show use to be under Richardson. Listen to it today and of course they led with Everton Woolwich.

Max Rushden is not half as bad as people think he is and I honestly think the guardian podcast is improving. I also think gleeendening is a good everyman foil.
only if everyman is a cunt.... actually you might have a point.

In general I can put up with most of his contrariness except for the fact he doesn't actually like football and/or value fans. When an owner is being a cunt he says "well its his club he can do what he wants with it" / "if they don't like it they can watch someone else" and belittles any fan movement for change - he does not get being a fan.

I haven't listened to that pile of wank in ages, given the quality of the audio I thought they all did it with buckets over their heads, then it dawned on me that the fat fella trunk or whatever his name is actually does walk around 24/7 with an elephant mask on his face, what an absolute cock.

A side note, Raj Baines who was the fella from up north on that pod is a very, very good follow on twitter. No idea if he still does that pod though.
Baines and trunk were regulars on here back in the day. Used to like trunk back then, he used to do pretty funny videos....until he went a bit up his own arse.

I don't why but I feel that the total football show is snearing towards Tottenham as the guardian football show use to be under Richardson. Listen to it today and of course they led with Everton Woolwich.

Max Rushden is not half as bad as people think he is and I honestly think the guardian podcast is improving. I also think gleeendening is a good everyman foil.

I was very underwhelmed by the TFS this week......I think these podcasts need to realise who their audience is likely to be the day after Spurs have thrashed Liverpool and play up to it a bit. Instead they pretty much dismissed the match as Liverpool being shit and we are still just a little bit less shit.

I was very underwhelmed by the TFS this week......I think these podcasts need to realise who their audience is likely to be the day after Spurs have thrashed Liverpool and play up to it a bit. Instead they pretty much dismissed the match as Liverpool being shit and we are still just a little bit less shit.

I agree I heard both today and probably the thing that stuck to me was how Leroy Rosenior was labelling us as the 'best team who won't win anything' which might be true but most sources seem to be saying we're the only team up there to challenge City, to be saying that we won't win anything would be calling Man City champions at 9 games in and to me that's fucking ridiculous.

To be fair neither were particularly gushing about us, I think we got a bit of credit out of Barry Glendenning, but he'd already mentioned being on the end of a social media shit storm from Liverpool fans and I wonder if that's where his motivation came from. Both basically had a go at Klopp for throwing Lovren under the bus for their defensive woes when there were a lot of other problems in lay.

To be fair with these podcasts it's probably still better just to not get a shoeing rather than being given gushing praise.

Totally comes across as very smug, but a lot less so without the guy Iain on it as he seems to be concentrating on the Football League thing. Thankfully.

I like FW still and enjoy Barry’s input very much. Rushden is getting better as he settles in.

I like ESPN FC sometimes, although Ali Moreno is the biggest pain in the backside out there. Loud and annoying.

Spurs pods, I listen to this one depending on the first few minutes and which guests are on. If it’s the original lot, I listen, if not, I generally don’t bother. Not done the Spurs Show for years now. And the one with The Trunk is as funny and informed as he is. Not at all.

I agree I heard both today and probably the thing that stuck to me was how Leroy Rosenior was labelling us as the 'best team who won't win anything' which might be true but most sources seem to be saying we're the only team up there to challenge City, to be saying that we won't win anything would be calling Man City champions at 9 games in and to me that's fucking ridiculous.

To be fair neither were particularly gushing about us, I think we got a bit of credit out of Barry Glendenning, but he'd already mentioned being on the end of a social media shit storm from Liverpool fans and I wonder if that's where his motivation came from. Both basically had a go at Klopp for throwing Lovren under the bus for their defensive woes when there were a lot of other problems in lay.

To be fair with these podcasts it's probably still better just to not get a shoeing rather than being given gushing praise.
Richardson is usually OK, but he was shit today, desperate for Kane to be injured.

Michael Cox was and has been for ages praising us and the management at the club for a while now. Thought he played the foil well, in our camp.

I remember he wrote a fantastic piece on our transfer business (whilst the window was still open) but it was at the time of frenzy, peak Everton wank mode and peak Spurs are going down and are shite mode (Jim White actually ran a 1 hour segment called "Spurs are Misers"). He boldly proclaimed as Spurs doing the best business, to much ridicule I might add.

Michael Cox was and has been for ages praising us and the management at the club for a while now. Thought he played the foil well, in our camp.

I remember he wrote a fantastic piece on our transfer business (whilst the window was still open) but it was at the time of frenzy, peak Everton wank mode and peak Spurs are going down and are shite mode (Jim White actually ran a 1 hour segment called "Spurs are Misers"). He boldly proclaimed as Spurs doing the best business, to much ridicule I might add.

To add a bit more to shoot down my own point Michael Cox was also on a great Fighting Cock extra inch podcast too which was a very interesting listen.

He does tend to offer a lot of well reasoned analysis, has anyone read his book 'the mixer' ?

To add a bit more to shoot down my own point Michael Cox was also on a great Fighting Cock extra inch podcast too which was a very interesting listen.

He does tend to offer a lot of well reasoned analysis, has anyone read his book 'the mixer' ?
It’s excellent mate, well worth reading. He did a few mini pods as part of the promotion of the book to give you a flavour here’s a link:
The Mixer podcast | Zonal Marking
I think he is one of the best Follows in football, strong convictions and never follows the media narrative. When talking tactics he doesn’t bore the shit out of you either.

I think Max Rushden is coming into his own now, I listen to both pods when I can but I feel that TTFS just uses the same old format from Football Weekly (understandable) when I thought the purpose of the move was to freshen things up a bit. Releasing it at the same time as Football Weekly is a bit much as well, the Football League show is interesting though.
I wonder if the creative difference was that the Guardian people were the ones wanting to freshen stuff up?

At this point, I am resigned to us never getting much praise from a 'podcast regular'. Michael Cox will give us credit, as might a guest like Priya Ramesh or one of the stats guys, but for the most part, if they're one of the usual kinds of pundits, they really don't want to admit that we've consistently played really damn well. It's just a grudging "Yes, that goes without saying," and then they lay into the other team for their litany of mistakes that made the result possible.

I honestly feel like Barry doesn't know a lick about the sport. He's fine to add a human element to the stats nerd side of the punditry, but as far as knowledge goes he's clueless.
I don’t think he’s there for his fullsome knowledge on the worldwide game. He’s there for light relief and does the job very well.

Listening to The Times special today, where the horrendous Alison Rudd had the opportunity to ask Graeme Souness some great questions about his footballing experiences.

Particular highlights were the hard hitting “do you still like gin and tonic” and the journalistic epic “what’s your favourite film?”.

She’s an idiot and shouldn’t be allowed near a recording studio, or a keyboard, for the rest of her days.

Back
Top Bottom