Totally football pod versus guardian podcast

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which do you prefer

• Total voters
I honestly feel like Barry doesn't know a lick about the sport. He's fine to add a human element to the stats nerd side of the punditry, but as far as knowledge goes he's clueless.

I don't like how he is meant to be the "everyman" but doesn't give a shit for the fans - he is clueless.

The Spurs Show is a bit tasty this week...it's like a podcast version of a cunt off.

Exactly my kind of podcast :)

Listened to the TFC podcasts for the first time (first ever podcasts actually).
The recent Liverpool and Madrid ones are cracking. Just the joy of reliving the moments.
Totally hooked now.

See football weekly beat totally football I'm the Fcf awards

awk.gif

Well after listen to the pair of them over the last few months I tend to find that I listen to football weekly first. Totally football just seems too up itself.

Well after listen to the pair of them over the last few months I tend to find that I listen to football weekly first. Totally football just seems too up itself.
They are, but unless Football Weekly has a couple of young, fresh journos on, I find their level of insight to be poor. Mind you, Totally isn't much better if Jimbo gets to do most of the talking.

They are, but unless Football Weekly has a couple of young, fresh journos on, I find their level of insight to be poor. Mind you, Totally isn't much better if Jimbo gets to do most of the talking.

For that reason I switched from Football Weekly to The Football Ramble a while back, because if they weren't going to have any decent insight, I might as well listen to something with some people who actually seem passionate about football. But they are becoming more and more about the personalities on there as well now, and less about the football.

Good things need to be killed off after a while. Compare British TV, such as Fawlty Towers, Blackadder etc. to a lot of American TV Series (Simpsons, Scrubs, House, etc.). The American Series which were good to start with start flogging a dead horse at some point and peter out in to oblivion. Whereas those which end on a high have cult status.

For that reason I switched from Football Weekly to The Football Ramble a while back, because if they weren't going to have any decent insight, I might as well listen to something with some people who actually seem passionate about football. But they are becoming more and more about the personalities on there as well now, and less about the football.

Good things need to be killed off after a while. Compare British TV, such as Fawlty Towers, Blackadder etc. to a lot of American TV Series (Simpsons, Scrubs, House, etc.). The American Series which were good to start with start flogging a dead horse at some point and peter out in to oblivion. Whereas those which end on a high have cult status.
I think you're bang on the money, but sadly, the money is why things get dragged out. Jimbo seems to be playing a character more than anything else, as is Glendenning and others. I find some of the niche podcasts much better because, while utterly nerdish, they at least clearly still love football. Football Fives right now is my go to, as well as some football stats podcasts where they stick to the actual football.

The Spanish football podcast is decent, I don't even follow Spanish football that closely but Sid Lowe is awesome (does mean hearing the same story again on Football Weekly).

Similarly I listen to world football phone-in for Tim Vickery's insights and some of the European pundits - When Brassell left it lost a lot though and there are a fair few knobs on there as well. It was funny when they had one of the football ramble lads on to replace him as the European expert, other than naming the main clubs and players of them he had no insight and came across as a real hipster pretending to be an expert, not like the mainstream.

Second Captains podcast is ok for a slightly different view - even if its just to hear the Cloughie quotes.

I think you're bang on the money, but sadly, the money is why things get dragged out. Jimbo seems to be playing a character more than anything else, as is Glendenning and others. I find some of the niche podcasts much better because, while utterly nerdish, they at least clearly still love football. Football Fives right now is my go to, as well as some football stats podcasts where they stick to the actual football.
Quickly Kevin had some great episodes, particularly the Anderton one.

Bloody hell finally on the football weekly podcast Goryunov came up with the fact that a lot of the top 6 sides struggle away from home, not just us

WOW, Fuck me that didn't take long to realise did it......

Also they have suddenly realised Dembele the player Pogba wishes he was

0244ee12_larry-david-faint1qqx.gif

Back
Top Bottom