Tottenham Hotspur FC v ACF Fiorentina UEFA Europa League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will the visitors be bringing the swarthy? PAOK style revisited? Or are they more metrosexual fashion plates? Can we put them 100 yards back from the goal, preferably in the dirt pile of the new stadium construction site?

Is Lazio still in this? I demand satisfaction from that pack of trolls.

2-1 Spurs

No signs of it in the training photos? Not wearing the face guard that they are reporting he was going to wear. Only seen the Telegraph say it and everyone has run with it. No quotes in the article either. Maybe it is tho. Just haven't seen anything from player or club to suggest he has.
In that photo he's wearing trainers so he won't be doing any contact, it's just running drills so no need for nose protection.

I think we can do 2-1. I think that whichever team scores the most goals will win the game.

:troll:

[formation=4231, Vorm, Trippier, Alderwiereld, Wimmer, Davies, Mason, Dier, Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Son][/formation]

I wouldn't play Mason, Son or Chadli

If fit, Carroll (of course!), Dembele n Harry with the above 3 on the bench but every confidence with Poch's selection

Confidence boosting 3-1 win

COYMS

I wouldn't play Mason, Son or Chadli

If fit, Carroll (of course!), Dembele n Harry with the above 3 on the bench but every confidence with Poch's selection

Confidence boosting 3-1 win

COYMS

:chadliblow:

Ok 4-1!

It appears Fiorentina will start the best possible XI, despite playing Napoli in the league next Monday.

Is their best 11 better than our Europa team of squad and first teamers? I think we should have more than enough for them.

Would not risk Kane, Dembele, Alli or Dier for this one.

Much as people have got on his back, I would prefer Bentaleb and Mason in Midfield.

Is their best 11 better than our Europa team of squad and first teamers? I think we should have more than enough for them.

Much as people have got on his back, I would prefer Bentaleb and Mason in Midfield.

I don't think resting all four of those will get us through - Fiorentina are putting out their full strength side and rested players last weekend. Advantage for them is they don't play again until Monday.

I honestly thought we'd breeze past Palace and we got beaten. Fiorentina are much better than Palace on paper.

I don't think resting all four of those will get us through - Fiorentina are putting out their full strength side and rested players last weekend. Advantage for them is they don't play again until Monday.

I honestly thought we'd breeze past Palace and we got beaten. Fiorentina are much better than Palace on paper.

I don't for a second think we'd smash Fiorentina, however if it's a tight game, a 0-0 draw or a nicked win using a number of squad players is a possibility. Are the Viola's first 11 better than ours? I certainly don't think so, I want us to progress but not by busting a gut with key men when we have some able deputies.

Dembele is a definite not playing. Expect Dier, Alli and Kane to be subs

Vorm

Walker, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose

Bentaleb, Mason/Carroll

Lamela, Eriksen, Son

Chadli​

Who knows.
As mentioned in the first leg thread, the impression is that when three viola starters came in in the second half, we (reminder: I am a Fiorentina fan ;)) controlled the game. At that point the Spurs team also had more starters than at the beginning (Kane, Dier and Dembele).

In my opinion, the best Tottenham XI is slightly better than the best Fiorentina XI.
The Spurs' bench is BY FAR better than Fiorentina's bench.
The best Fiorentina team can surely compete vs the "Europa" XI of Spurs (as in: a mix of starters and bench).

I'm just hoping we go through.. and get a second leg home fixture. It'll be on 17th March..St Patricks Day plus a European match?! I, for one.. will be pissed on arrival to the Lane

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom